pipcd34 Posts: 16,585 Member
    Options
    Kiiiii
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,637 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,

Janetr – thinking of you and sending hugs

ChangeIsNow – a pound a week is a very reasonable loss rate!

Been busy with everything, next week is making Christmas cookies with mom. Dozens and dozens of cookies. I am trying to get enough done so I can take 4 days off. It almost scares me to not embroider or garden for that long.

Kim from N. California
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    😴
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    <3
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    @cityjaneLondon You seem to be doing great. That is a good think dense bones. I think we can get the denseness tested here and it's not too pricey. I just need to find the time for that and many other things.

@barbiecat I'm sorry bout your line dance friend. I have a friend who is naturally very thin and has trouble putting on weight. Good idea about knitting. I used to bake a little but it's really not a thing here like it is in the usa.

@SuziQ113 Thank you. How was yoga in the park? Here it was about 35° and drizzling on Saturday.

Off to work.

I have not been tracking and weight keeps going up. Very alarming.
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    400 posts since last post - am posting about 1x a week. got up to the end of page 40 in skimming. have to choose between going to work and reading skimming posts. have a good day.
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,504 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Played hooky from church, got immersed in reading about grants (thanks Lisa!) for the FPD and lost track of time. Joe wanted to go to town so I puppysat, not a bad thing. Laundry, Samaritan's purse box, AF and even a walk with Joe and the dogs so a good day all in all.

Monday will puppysit while Joe goes to eye Dr. (and vacuum while he's out yuck), take Shadow to the vet to remove staples, make some time for Tumble, stop at Freddie's on the way back from the movies (Ford vs Ferrari) and abstain from alcohol.

Karen in VA “being heard is so healing” you are so right, and these gals are the very best listening healers.
    Machka when you fall asleep mid-Midsomer, you know something's off. Hope the rx clears out quickly.
    Welcome Kenna!
    Heather, I have a YouTube account, so uploaded the video to it and published it as “unlisted” instead of public. As to the voice, ah yes, rather a beery Shirley Temple, no? ;)
    KJ cannot imagine living in your climate with so few clothes. :noway:
    Tracey I only tell you about the calm responses when I remember to give them. You don't hear about the shrieks. ;)
    Janetr (((hugs))) and prayers for your nieces, Jack and you.
    Michele, sorry don't know how you could post videos without Youtube. Maybe a FaceBook link, but then wouldn't people have to log into Facebook to view?
    Marianne in WV sounds like a lovely day.
    Debby in VA lovely pics, but you can keep the snow, ok?
    Pip where did you get Yogi's raingear? We NEED that for Tumble, and Shadow when she's fully grown.
    Changeisnoww losing 1 lb/wk is exactly what my MD prescribed. IMHO I'd stop eating before I became uncomfortably full, even if it's veggies ;)
    Machka that password checking site, hmm. How did he capture the passwords in order to build the database? Kicking myself for checking my FB etc password, glad I didn't check the ones I use for financials. Thanks for the tip about searching board activity when receiving mfp friend requests. “...Friday face” snorting, laughing, choking on my water. Thanks!
    Kim didn't see much custom embroidery at our Community Christmas Bazaar, except for one vendor who had simply decorated dishtowels for $7 apiece. A blue whale, a green Christmas Tree with red ornaments, a lavender and blue seahorse. She sold out. Jewelry, art and quilted goods vendors didn't do as well as the baked goods and sweets folks. There was a line for Kettle corn ;)
    Rori "one big caveat" brave humor! Anger, tears and laughter, what a stew. (((((hugs)))))
    Julie skim when you can, we understand about work and life.

Gratitudes Nov 15 smell of clean, bleached whites while transferring from washer to dryer. Nov 16 tech: my Win 7 laptop. Dread migrating to something newer/supported. Nov 17 color blue skies after a gray rainy foggy couple of days.

Internet shopping, I always use a credit card because of its fraud protections. Stopped using PayPal when I realized I linked it to my checking account to periodically add funds to it. Felt it could be a gateway to disaster. Never use a debit card, no protections and baddies can wipe you out completely.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD! Word for November: get up and do it EVERY day!
    Steps=4667 vits=15.5 log=17 CI<CO=15, CI<250<CO=7 Tumble=11 mfp=16 AF=12
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,943 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka that password checking site, hmm. How did he capture the passwords in order to build the database? Kicking myself for checking my FB etc password, glad I didn't check the ones I use for financials. Thanks for the tip about searching board activity when receiving mfp friend requests. “...Friday face” snorting, laughing, choking on my water. Thanks!

If you feel uncomfortable searching on that site, copy them all to Notepad and search there. :)

The 10,000 passwords on that site are available for sale on the dark web very inexpensively (perhaps even free these days!) because everyone has a copy now. They come from former data breaches. That site (and many others) have just compiled them and organised them by most commonly used.

MFP's info came on sale in Feb 2019, a year after it was hacked ... so our former passwords here are likely on the list.
    https://fortune.com/2019/02/14/hacked-myfitnesspal-data-sale-dark-web-one-year-breach/

Here's another site, and you can actually use this site to find out if any of your email accounts have been hacked.

https://haveibeenpwned.com/Passwords
    "Pwned Passwords are 555,278,657 real world passwords previously exposed in data breaches. This exposure makes them unsuitable for ongoing use as they're at much greater risk of being used to take over other accounts." ... you can use that site to find them.

And another site with some info ...
    https://www.howtogeek.com/343947/how-to-check-if-your-password-has-been-stolen/

Plus you can do a google search for "Top 100 passwords" and you'll find heaps ... even CNN has a list!

Machka in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,229 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Good morning all. I am out morning, afternoon and after dinner today. Must dash!!!

🎄🤶 Gratitude for Christmas 🎅🏻🎄
    #1, 14 Nov: Scents: loved the smell of the roses I put into my Floral arrangement
    #2, 15 Nov:Technology: Glad that I had my car and didn’t have to stand in the cold waiting for a bus
    #3, 16 Nov: Colour: the colour of the beautiful sunset as I walked home in the late afternoon
    z8iz97lle1ip.jpg
    #4, 17 Nov: Food: Fresh produce form my own garden ..... or ....... Chocolate! 🍫 My ultimate comfort food
    #5, 18 Nov: Sound: I'm grateful for the sound of DH moving about downstairs. It's very comforting.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,943 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    We went through these 30 Days of Gratitude in November last year. I won't suggest that we do it again this year, but it is still something to keep in mind as we go into the holiday season. :)

mozs13csyrr4.png
    Machka in Oz

All right ... it's mid November and this will take us through to mid December ... just in time for Christmas!! :)

Day 1 - November 15 - Smell: My sense of smell is limited and my husband no longer has a sense of smell (or taste) since his accident. However, I can catch a faint scent from the roses and freesias he has grown, which are all coming into bloom.

I'm thankful that he has been able to garden and that we have so many lovely flowers and veggies growing and blooming. :)

Day 2 - November 16 - Technology: My laptop, my phone, email, facebook ... the fact that technology exists! :) It's what I do ... it's what I learn ... it's how I communicate with family and friends.

Day 3 - November 17 - Colour: Well ... I'm thankful for the bright colours on my table. Especially since this spring has been quite gloomy. They make me smile. :)

Day 4 - November 18 - Food: I'm thankful for my weekday lunches ... chicken, rice and veg. :)

Machka in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,266 Member
    Options
    Sound - I am grateful for the sound of the washing machine doing all that heavy work for me.
    I love the sound of my Instant Pot, beeping away.

Off to London in a minute. Of course, I work up early. :/ I am such a worry mutt. Managed to get my hair washed and do nearly all my daily exercises. I left 100 calories unburned because we will be walking about in London.
    It's pizza for lunch, but they do a 500 calorie one, with a salad in a hole in the middle.

New route, which is what is making me anxious.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    heather I am a “worry mutt” (love that expression, that’s a new one for me!) when it comes to anticipation and travel. Knowing that doesn’t make it go away but rather something I understand comes with the price of travel and new challenging experiences. I think of myself as a worry warrior often and am grateful it is mostly kept in check. Have a wonderful time in London.

Happy Monday, off to a full week of work with great food prepped and my clothes all set. Should fly by.

NYKAREN
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    @SuziQ113 Thank you. How was yoga in the park? Here it was about 35° and drizzling on Saturday.

I never made it to yoga because I missed a step, grabbed the handrail, and pulled my back out. :( I should be back in shape to hit the "grass" this coming Saturday.

Hope you have a great day!
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    On travel anxiety - I never really thought of it as anxiety, but I guess that fits well for me. I never sleep well the night before I travel. I am afraid I will oversleep and miss my flight/time to leave/whatever. It doesn't matter if the time I would need to get up to be ready to leave is 3 hours later than my normal wake up, I still don't sleep well. Once I am awake and see that I'm up in plenty of time, then I am fine. I know, I'm weird.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,735 Member
    Options
    up having tea and watching the news, will hop in the shower and work today.
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Day 4 - November 18th
    I am grateful to have the means and ability to eat the foods my body needs for fuel.
    Day 3 - November 17th
    I am grateful to be able to see the full spectrum of colors.
    Day 2 - November 16th
    I am grateful to live in an age where information can be found at any time of the day without having to use a card catalog (although I miss seeing them in the library).
    Day 1 - November 15th
    I am grateful for so many smells. From the whiff of baked goods when someone opens a bakery door and I am walking by to the smell of the forest.

Machka, if you wanted to confuse me you have. LOL. Place a calendar in front of me or something that appears to be a calendar and alter the days.......

Big hug to all.
    SuziQ - Broward County, FL