WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2019

Options

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Rebecca Athena is such a ham! I love her. She's so huggable!

Karen in Virginia
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    Good day today, getting some housework done and a little closet decluttering. Tonight is choir and working on the Christmas cantata. We finalized the loan last night so new roof here we come. Thank goodness. The repairs have held so far but we have not had any heavy rains since they were done.

Rori - Many, many hugs. Hope you are able to find some help.

Karen in VA - Loved the star log. What a creative way to remember baby's first days.

Barbara - Glad things worked out with DH and puppy.

Rebecca - Athena seems to be a real character.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,944 Member
    Options
    We went through these 30 Days of Gratitude in November last year. I won't suggest that we do it again this year, but it is still something to keep in mind as we go into the holiday season. :)

mozs13csyrr4.png

Machka in Oz
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Machka, I’ve participated in that challenge before. Like Beth, my beginning stuff would still be good from past years and I would fizzle as they focused on kid’s rooms and other things that I really didn’t have. I never quite got to the real stuff I needed to work on. I even paid for a while to be part of a private FB group. It was entertaining for a while. Some of my organized spaces are in her hall of fame. I like her. I also like Cass with Clutterbug, but I absolutely adore Dana K White with A Slob Comes Clean.

Gotta run. I’ll come back later and update with my latest exercise endeavor.

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,944 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Machka ... Faithfully, I start that decluttering mission every year ... I have the cleanest kitchen drawers! :D Never seem to get past the first month or so ... Maybe this year I should start from the bottom?

Beth near Buffalo

That's actually not a bad idea!

Home inventory and emergency preparedness are certainly near the top of my list!

Machka in Oz

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,229 Member
    Options
    Machka: Just noticed that it’s 30 days to Christmas. Gratitude might be a nice lead-in to it.
    Rebecca: Athena has Attitude! 💖

☘️ Terri
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Went to WalMart earlier. They had the caramel M&M's on sale for 50 cents. I was SOOO tempted. At first I had 3 bags in my hand, then I put two back, went to the bathroom and decided I really didn't need the third one so I put that one back. Yea me. I think they are so good they are addictive.

I can't believe it...I let one rip today at ceramics. What to do?

Made some butternut squash. Decided I really didn't care for my immersion blender so it's going to the Salvation Army. This is the second time I used my blender after using the immersion blender so it's not being used.

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,585 Member
    Options
    i have 2 hrm and BOTH are having issues?? REALLY!!!!!!???!!
    MOST ARE ESTIMATE CALORIES BURNED

bike ride hm 2 gym- 8.14min, 132mhr, 11.5amph, 1.58mi= didn't record
    apple watch- 61c
    HELIX MACHINE- 45min, 120ahr, 115ahr, 139mhr, 43arpm, 137mhr, lvl1-5, 4.33mi= 363c
    apple watch- didn't record
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.27min, 129mhr, 16.3mph, 1.47mi= didn't record
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 16.30min, 141mhr, 11amph, 3.03mi= didn't record
    jog sta 2 wrk- 5.26min, 145mhr, 10.14min mi, .53mi= didn't record
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.25min, 9.35min mi, .45mi= ???
    apple watch- 79c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 19.06min, 8.2amph, 156mhr, 2.60mi= 208c
    apple watch- 139c

total cal 976
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    😴💤
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,266 Member
    Options
    Athena is supercalifragiliciousexpialidocious! <3<3<3 A real character.

Barbara - Your story is heart warming. Your Joe sounds a bit like my DH. Leave him alone and he usually works his own way round to something. My method has always been, plant a seed and walk away. Loving us is the key.

Laters my friends, :D Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    machka I remember that gratitude calendar you shared with us last year—-how the time flies! I am in the habit of journaling which includes gratitude so I’m thinking in that direction already.

Michele congrats on putting down those M&Ms. just goes to show you how giving yourself some time to pause and reflect can impact decisions.

Kelly eventhough I’m not going to hit 24 hours of exercise, I’m still posting my minutes and will transfer them to the 24 hour challenge thread—not perfect—but better than before!

NYKAREN
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,229 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Evelyn: Spending time with our families is the best! I love the way your DYS has enclosed them all in his arms, and they look so relaxed. And DGD is taking everything in!
    Michele: 👍🏻 for resisting the M&Ms. 🤣😂🤣😂🤣 My Nana always said "Let your wind blow free, where're you be, for if you don't, t'will be the death of thee!" So let'er Rrriiipppp!!!
    SueBDew: Would love to see a picture of the hairpin lace.
    Heather: You plant the seed, and if you're lucky, they think it's their own idea! 😂
    Viv: It's tough that both your SnLs have cancer. I hope YSnL gets a hopeful prognosis, and that the treatment for OSnL has been successful. 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for both of them. Penny drops in from time to time to say Hi! And I think some of the group are in touch by other means and they update us when they can.

I remembered Barbie/Penny's saying yesterday, braved the weather, managed a reasonable walk, and almost beat the rain home. Today is more of the same. Bitterly cold, but bright and sunny with sudden showers. I have to cut flower arranging foliage for this afternoon, but otherwise my morning is free.

DYD may not be coming for her usual Thursday dinner tonight. She broke a tooth and has a dental appointment this morning to see if it can be fixed. She says she's not in pain, so that good!

I am hovering on the brink of the 140s at the minute. I haven't weighed this little for over 40 years. Taking Barbara's "Lighter, Lovelies!" to heart!

☘️ Terri
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,266 Member
    Options
    Evelyn - How lovely to have your family together! A great bunch! :D<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Greetings to all.

Helen Reddy’s “I am Woman” has been running through my head over the past few days. I think it’s a good theme song for all who post here.

Since the time change I have been struggling with keeping up with the exercise plan. I am finally balancing out and got up early enough to get a walk in this morning and accomplish my morning tasks. This Saturday I am scheduled for another Yoga in the Park session. I am so looking forward to it.

Pip – Love the pictures of your fur babies. Yogi is a good puppy and so adorable.
    Tina – Although I did not know what the “vanilla” MFP message meant, I had a little chuckle. Typically that means you need to tone down the X-rated commentary. Seems MFP has an entirely different slant.
    Michelle– Glad the permanent bridge is finally installed. I hope the cough is better, if not it may be time for a doctor’s visit. Admire the strength it took to put back those M&Ms! I wish the stores would not put so many “trigger” items at the registers.
    Banana – Welcome back.
    Heather – It sounds like you had a very good day with your friend even though the train trip was long and tiring.
    Yvonne – I would love to visit your farmer’s market. It sounds lovely with a great mix of items.
    Kim – I love the attitude shift towards this season. It sounds like you have Thanksgiving well-planned. I am not a turkey fan either. I would rather serve a roasted chicken with all of the side dishes. And, also like you my budget is extremely tight for some of the same reasons. It’s been a struggle over the past two years, but have settled two accounts and am working towards paying off additional accounts next year. Every time I get a little depressed over the situation I pull out my Excel file and see how much progress I have made.
    Mary – Congratulations on the new bike. Great picture of you and your husband.
    Maryanne – Yes, the holidays have certainly changed. I was raised in a family where there was always one more serving available. No matter how much or little we had there was always room at the table.
    Lisa – Beaten path holidays are sometimes the best ones. Look forward to hearing about your trip. Wishing you safe meeting travels today! Wow, 5 hours round trip!
    Rebecca – HBO had a great Mr. Rogers’ documentary on quite a few months ago. It may be On Demand. I learned so much about him and after viewing had a greater respect for all the things he did for children. His work continues to live on.
    Rori – Big hugs to you. I hope the VA is able to provide the services for DH. Happy BD to DB.
    Barbara – Thank you for sharing your story. I am so glad DH had a change of heart and was able to clearly communicate what he was actually feeling.
    Katla – I hope you had a good hair experience. I used to fire my stylists frequently. I have been fortunate to find someone who listens and gives me exactly what I want. It’s now to a point where I loosely describe what I want or say “surprise” me and I always walk out of the door happy.
    Sue – So happy for you that the loan is now approved!
    Machka – Love both lists but refuse to put myself on a tight schedule with de-cluttering. I have enough scheduled in my life right now with work demands and working through getting back to being healthy. I absolutely love the gratitude calendar and wish more people would practice gratitude. The world would be a much better place.
    Evelyn – Great picture of your lovely family.
    Viv – Sending positive thoughts and prayers to you and your DSs.
    NYKaren – Glad to hear your making positive exercise changes. I am behind in my plank challenge, but am continuing forward. I have more minutes in this month than last so I am considering that a win.

Well, it’s off to a nice shower and work prep.

Peace within and without to all of you today.
    SuziQ – Broward County, FL
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,585 Member
    Options
    ;;;;;
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,735 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    hope all is well.. got a text from one of the hygenists , I guess she got fired yesterday. if the boss doesn't like you or you speak up he gets nasty, so we have lost 2 in the last couple weeks..I fear things wont get any better.
    right now I am at peace where I am work wise if I fly under the radar and just do my work . the hours work for me.
    I am having trouble sleeping and this is part of PKD stage 4 , I fall asleep no problem but staying asleep , well will see if I can take meletonin ,or valarian root to help.
    love all the family pictures and the pictures of the pooches.. and I am proud of myself for doing things on my own, putting up the coat rack, the showerhead, like SuzieQ said , I am woman hear me roar!!!