WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2019

Options

Replies

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    Hello All: Good day today got my grocery shopping done for the week. Lots of walking tomorrow as DD and I are going to Ikea to pick up some things for the cabin. We are hoping to be done with it and start advertising in December and rent starting in January. we are targeting traveling nurses, PTs etc. My cousin who was a traveling nurse for quite some time says it is perfect. I'm not sure about that but I think it will be comfortable and should bring in some needed income.

Annie - Yay for 2 days without cookies!

KJ - Hope your day improved and you have a wonderful weekend.

Love the critter pictures!

Rebecca - That is the cutest picture of Athena, love it. Hope you are feeling happier soon.

Barbara - Congrats on the new pup. Looks like a good one.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,059 Member
    Options
    scgirlz3 wrote: »
    On my way out to my car this morning, I captured this image:

Flea
    Willamette Valley, Oregon

Hi OregonMom! My son lives out there and I LOVE it! Visiting in a few months [again] and cannot wait! BTW- spiders are amazing architects

I agree! I am a huge spider fan. Well, I don't mean a fan of huge spiders, but a huge fan of spider of all sizes. :smiley:

Flea
    Willamette Valley, Oregon

You'd love Australia then!!

I don't mind spiders ... but I do have a couple rules: not in the bedroom and not on me!

Machka in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,644 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 8.04min, 143mhr, 11.8amph, 1.59mi= 80c
    apple watch- 57c
    0 RUNNER- 30min, 10.04min mi, 113ahr, 131mhr, lvl9, 9h, 104c, 40l, 2.98mi= 238c
    apple watch- 204c
    ELIPTICAL- 15min, 127mhr, 1-5incl, 1resist= 118c
    apple watch- 111c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.40min, 140mhr, 15.8amph, 1.48mi= 67c
    apple watch- 52c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 16.48min, 144mhr, 10.7amph, 3mi= 178c
    apple watch- 107c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 5.27min, 151mhr, 8.59min mi, .60mi= 66c
    apple watch- 56c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.37min, 10.19min mi, .44mi= didn’t record
    apple watch- 56c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 15.19min,10.3amph, 142mhe, 2.63mi= 216c
    apple watch- 124c

total cal 1019
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,

Rebecca – the picture of Athena is priceless!

Janetr - sending hugs!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa – hope you feel better soon, and
    Lisa and Cory – my thoughts are with you, for great memories, and peace for all.

Well so my goal was no baked goodies, chocolate or ice cream for a week, and it’s been 6 days, and I only had one small homemade cookie – that I savored. A few days were harder than others, but I think it was what I needed to prove to myself again, that I can do it. And I do think it has helped the yeast issues, although I think I need to do this for a month or more to be sure. So Sunday morning I am going to start logging again, and may pick up this frozen juice bar that I had found when I first started MFP that was not full of things I could not pronounce, yet was low enough in calories and yet creamy and sweet enough to fulfill the craving – however I do not remember the name so I’ll be reading boxes in the frozen dessert aisle

Kim from N. California
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Over on calories by 250 hubby brought home McDonald’s y stayed home to watch a movie after JR cried got mad started shunning Daddy for going to work y to get more NyQuil.2yr olds mind is hard to change. When he said didn’t go to work came home for you. JR said I’m Mad 😠 shunned him again. So I hid the NyQuil said he didn’t even got mommy medicine!
    JR said “Now that’s FUNNY 😄 !” Giggled played with Daddy said you get me fries 🍟 McDonald’s! No for mommy ! Hugged Daddy.

He just needed to know he was Daddy’s #1.
    Of course Hubby got me something but a small child sized fries 🍟 is still 250cal! Uggghh I shouldn’t have.

Amber Tx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,966 Member
    Options
    First snow fall of the season and now it's 17 degrees. I did my daily walk even so. Spent the afternoon/evening feeding wood into the stove. It's so cozy and peaceful.
    Shirley from Northern NY

:) Glad you didn't let the weather interfere with your walking plans.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,059 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Hoping to get more active this weekend again ... the medication I was on for the spider bite was supposed to give me energy (that was a side effect), instead I just felt dizzy and blech by the time I got home from work.

It's done now and bite is fading.

I'm planning to spray the bedroom with bug spray on Saturday morning. We're going out for a couple hours so I figure that's a good time to do it. I don't like being there right after I've sprayed.

Machka in Oz

Turns out that the medication may have given me a little bit more energy. I was going to bed at about 1 am for the past 3 nights, and getting about 6:45 of sleep each night. Today is my first day off the medication and by about 3 pm, I was fighting sleep. I'm home now and ready to nap, but I'll stay up a bit. If I nap now, I won't sleep tonight.

And I want to work on my website.

M in Oz

I slept 12 hours last night!! Still draggy today.

That medication has been a roller coaster!

Hoping to feel a bit back to normal tomorrow.

Machka in Oz
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Rebecca, oh my heart, that Athena...... What a beauty! Her daddy is going to have to keep a big stick by the front door to keep the boys away!
    Lisa, so sorry to hear about Corey's brother passing. Hope you are feeling better soon!
    Lanette, gorgeous photo of Ellie and Sophie!
    That's all I can remember for now, still catching up too!
    Eating plan has fell completely off the rails today, but tomorrow is another day!
    Congrats to those celebrating, hugs to those needing them and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,764 Member
    Options
    Tracey- I PMed you with my email address a few days ago
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Morning! I’m enjoying first cup of coffee and a catch up with you all :)

Rori sounds like a fun lunch with your neighbor. My DOS sister adores Cheesecake Factory—the portion sizes are nutso! When I go with her, I do the same thing—skinny menu and small plates—and we split a slice —she cannot resist that cheese cake ;)

Barbie I love your description of your line class at first being reluctant to learn the new dance but afterwards felt so Excited. You are a great teacher encouraging them through their reluctance. Love it.

Should be a god prep day for me, treadmill time and cleaning day for me.

NYKAREN

• ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    Slowly easing into the day. Went to bed early and got a good night's sleep-that stupid hour time change always messes with me. Planning on enjoying three day weekend. Youngest son and gf are coming over for the day to celebrate my birthday-we are simply hanging out and watching Ohio State at noon and LSU-Alabama at 3:30. May not sound like much to many, but we enjoy football and it will be nice to have the company. I'm making pork and sauerkraut for lunch (then Jake and I have left overs to start meal prep for the week), and we may do a dinner of pizza and wings if we are hungry for the later game. May make it tough on calories for the day, but I am in deficit for the week so I don't think it will sabotage me!

Have a good Saturday-want to get the laundry done and house cleaned up before I sit around like a sloth for the rest of the day!

Ginny in Ohio
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,273 Member
    Options
    After a busy few days there were so many pages, so skim read. Typed up comments and then lost them! Feeling a little sluggish today. It's a grey day here, so I will have to turn on my inner 🌞 and smile

Had a slight blip on the scale over Halloween, but back on track. I am now at my lowest weight in 40 years, and about to enter the 140s. Maybe my wedding weight isn't such a pipe dream after all!

(((Hugs))) to those who need them
    Miele Failte to our new girls. We're a prolific, friendly, supportive group.

☘️ Terri
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Son sent me this latest Athena beauty.
    Priceless!💖

Athena has some personality! Absolutely adorable.