WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2019

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,355 Member
    Options
    Took the water class today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a perfect body workout DVD.

Terri – my HR is the same – it comes down real fast. That’s one of the reasons why I need to wear my HRM during spinning. It would be ever so easy for me to get my heartrate way up.

Barbara – thanks for telling me to make sure the prolia people know. I’m much better today recovering from the reaction to the flu shot. I think I’m getting better every day. Well, they say that the effects usually only last a day or two. However, I think I’m going to use this as my excuse to get out of going to that concert. That kind of music is really not my cup of tea. I really and truly hope the prolia people don’t postpone. Very big congrats on “she who is to be named” You did the absolute right thing by getting a shelter dog. I will never understand people who don’t. A good friend of mine got a dog from a breeder, paid hundreds of dollars. Why? Well, it’s her money. When someone asks me what breed of cat we have, I tell them “the Humane Society/SPCA/animal shelter” breed.

Luci NC – I remember one year my aunt grew tomatoes in her garden. They tasted ever so good right off the vine – still warm from the sunshine. That year I ate so many of them that I physically got sick. But I still eat tomatoes, but I am pickey, only when they are in season. My in-laws lived in what used to be an orange grove. How I remember going outside, picking the orange off the tree, then squeezing it for juice!!

After exercise stopped at the Salvation Army and bought a sweater and another exercise DVD (like I need more!) then went to WalMart. The refrigerated foods I had I put in the refrigerator at the soup kitchen. One lady at the soup kitchen said to me “thank you for being so pleasant”. Another lady asked me if I ate there and I told her that I’d feel real bad if someone couldn’t have lunch because I had something. The reality is that I really don’t care at all for the food. Today they had a hot dog (I can’t remember the last time I had a hot dog), coleslaw (with the mayo), beans (eh) and cake (not like I need it)

Lanettte – which Revolution do you have? There is one kind that can cause seizures in pets. The one we give our cats doesn’t (we asked the vet about it because we wondered if that could be the cause of Loki’s seizures)

Overjoy – welcome

Changeisnow – yes, you joined by posting!

Michele in NC
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    💖👍
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Excuse the baby nude pic, but her face, oh the woes of baby daily life.💖
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    Good morning my friends, I continue to struggle to wrap my head around the loss of my sister. No plans for a service for her yet. I'm just remembering all the crazy things we did together and the laughs we shared.

Janetr OKC

Losing my sister has been the most difficult death for me to recover from. I've lost grandparents, my father, but to lose my family childhood peer . . . be kind to yourself. This will take a very long time, and you will never forget anything.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, Oregon

Thank you. I have lost my two oldest sisters, but the were pretty much grown by the time I can remember every day family life. This sister, although there are two sisters inbetween us, she and I had become very close as I moved from Denver to So Cal after my second divorce to be close to her. Her husband worked nights so when I got home from work we spent most every evening together and then all three of us ran around on weekends. Its hard for sure.

Janetr OKC
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,257 Member
    Options
    Barbara - I loved reading about your new puppy and how you 'chose' her. What an adventure! Glad Tumble is ok with it. :D You will be so busy in the next few months.

Dinner was great, but I am totally stuffed with cabbage! The air should be ripe tonight. ;):*

Much love to all and WELCOME new people. Please sign off each post with a name and approximate location.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

PS - horrible flooding in the north of England. One woman killed.

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Rebecca ~ Beautiful, Beautiful Athena
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    I love kitchen gadgets and bought myself a new one today...Ninja Foodi Grill that supposedly bakes, air fries, and grills. I am feeling apprehensive because it is a lot bigger than I realized and I am now wondering how I will store it along with my instant pot. Wish me luck! :):/
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Decided for Dinner to have 4oz steak 🥩,boiled egg 🥚,y 2servings of butter beans with sausage instead.
    Going more Keto for winter like Cousin said.
    Summer back to light y veggie.

Amber Tx
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,361 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Michele - I actually didn't use Revolution on the cat, I used Frontline II. Sorry - I was in a hurry to finish the post and lumped them all in together, lol. I'm going to switch to Advantage II for the cat. Sorry to hear about your flu shot reaction; sounds like it was mild.

Rebecca - love the Athena photo. A future supermodel, look at that pose, B)

Lanette
    Sunny (finally) SW WA State.

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,727 Member
    Options
    Ol Allie made it through the day unscathed...
    Tomorrow work and then visit with old work friends at a restaurant they will have eaten by then I might just get a drink..then home to relax.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Lisa AR- big hug
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Rebecca Athena is a character. That photo is adorable! Darling girl.

Barbara Your new pup is a cutie. Your husband looks content with her.

Lisa My second husband's youngest brother had Down Syndrome & Alzheimer's Disease. They called him Yogi. He died in his 40's. He was such a sweet guy. Condolences to you & your husband.

Janetr I had one sister; she died at the age of 49. When we were young, I wanted to be her. She was so amazing at everything! Then she developed mental health issues as a young adult. It was impossible to have a close relationship with her. She was a bright sparkler who fizzled out after a fantastic, dazzling show. It makes me sad to this day. My granddaughter was born on my sister's birthday. I love that.

We saw Lilliana today. She is chill. We get to babysit Monday because Mommy has a piano concert & Daddy has class. Yay!!!

I noticed my grandson has settled for some lower grades on his quizzes, and hasn't completed a couple of things on schedule. I won't see him until Monday. I'm just going with the flow. He's processing a lot right now due to his applied behavioral therapy. Not much room left in his brain for school. It'll be OK.

Karen in Virginia
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,576 Member
    Options
    Ffffffff
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    😴💤