Replies

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    scgirlz3 wrote: »
    On my way out to my car this morning, I captured this image:

Flea
    Willamette Valley, Oregon

Hi OregonMom! My son lives out there and I LOVE it! Visiting in a few months [again] and cannot wait! BTW- spiders are amazing architects

I agree! I am a huge spider fan. Well, I don't mean a fan of huge spiders, but a huge fan of spider of all sizes. :smiley:

Flea

You would love our tarantulas! They don’t make webs, they live in the ground and line their homes with webs to waterproof and insulate the den.

RV Rita 3uf5qlshkugv.jpeg
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Read pg 25. Back to being lightheaded. I think it is the colitis meds I’m reacting to now. Cutting back to 1 a day instead of 3 for a while. Going to GI next week. Meds working on colitis but making me feel faint! Side effects or colitis effects. Which do I choose????

RV rita
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Walked to the train station to get my ticket for Monday morning. I could buy it on the day, but you never know how long the queue will be at the ticket office and the machines are panic inducing if you are in a hurry.
    The train I want to catch is the quickest of the whole morning, but it is unreliable because it is on a return journey, having already travelled across country early that morning. Yesterday it got stuck on the forward journey, so was cancelled. I will just cross my fingers. :o
    I returned via the supermarket, and got a lot of bonus walking done in the sunshine. As I arrived home it started to rain and is still raining.
    I'm looking forward to seeing my friend on Monday, who is now recovered from her septic toe. I feel I haven't had a girly chat in ages. :D My female friends are life's elixir to me.

Salmon for dinner. I bake it in foil with a squeeze of lemon juice and a smear of chipotle paste.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• jenniferormesher
    jenniferormesher Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! I'm new to the group. Turned 50 in August and decided it was time... to get in shape, start doing the things I've always dreamed of.

I've been eating clean and working out since September 1 and am excited about the results. Hired a personal trainer once a week to teach me how to use all of the strength machines. We will be "breaking up" soon because I'm ready to do it on my own.

Thanks for starting this group. It's nice to see everyone supporting each other.

Y'all have a great day!

Jennifer in Elgin, TX
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Tired 😴 bumped up walking routine y Keto as much as possible this winter ❄️ (y fall too) like my older 3rd Cousin suggested.
    Maintaining the weight which is good hopefully will go down .
    Steak sandwich for lunch
    Dinner 🍽 last of the 4oz steak but not sure if should have soup 🍜,spinach salad 🥗,both,or something else with it. Trying to leave calorie cushion for tonight.

JR saying ABC fully y 1-10 so doing good. He saying words from his books like gravitational waves y mass so keeping up with that .HE FINALLY said his first shape y knows it!!! Circle ⭕️. Going to keep working on spelling to spouting off addition subtracting to counting higher see what he catches. He learned Ready Go (leaves out the set ) started that yesterday . He got MAD 😡 at Daddy but happy now.Hubby tho since he didn’t go to work like he was supposed to is doing double work today . Poor hubby but JR got Daddy time he’ll be happy awhile. Found out JR has been recording us so a few times videos of us snoring to blowing our noses 👃. Reminds me of his video of my giant butt in slow motion walking down the hallway.

Amber Tx
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Severogel – welcome! What a lovely dog you have (and you’re not bad, either). Please sign your posts with a name you would like to be called and a general location (so we can keep people straight) or identifying remark

Tracey – thanks for the reminder of why I moved south

RV Rita – feel better

Jennifer – welcome! Yes, after a time we all need to “break up” and go our own way. You CAN do this

Michele in NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,961 Member
    Options
    The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.

2191610q208gshr57.gif

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,618 Member
    Options
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Welcome.....
    62pinecomes, Stacey, Nell, debgoodlett2014, JenniferM1234, Jperun, Julie, KellyC, ReginaH2018, scgirlz3, Ter-Ber, skyhighstiletto, tomdelia1, Vicki, willlowsbough, and Jennifer.

This is a very active and supportive group. Wish you all well on your journeys.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,029 Member
    Options
    SuziQ113 wrote: »
    Welcome.....
    62pinecomes, Stacey, Nell, debgoodlett2014, JenniferM1234, Jperun, Julie, KellyC, ReginaH2018, scgirlz3, Ter-Ber, skyhighstiletto, tomdelia1, Vicki, willlowsbough, and Jennifer.

This is a very active and supportive group. Wish you all well on your journeys.

Yes! Welcome!

Just jump right in when you feel comfortable posting. :)

Machka in Oz ... that's Australia. :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,029 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I've noticed a few ladies mentioning hiking so I wondered ...

What is your favourite sport/exercise (or maybe top 3 if you've got a few)?
    :)

Mine are:
    • Cycling
    • Hiking
    • Walking/Running ... I do a combination of the two.

I also row on my rowing machine, climb stairs at work, lift weights, canoe occasionally, cross country ski and snowshoe when there's snow, do pilates and yoga ... but my favourites are the ones where I can get outside, enjoy nature, move, and think. :)

m8y19dxxswwr.pngjhpekde0hxux.pngkmnrux5uauuj.png

Machka in Oz
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,644 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,

Jennifer – I smiled at the popcorn is a grain and raisinettes are fruit…

Tina – a long walk, the beach or a hike –often alone help me sort things out.

Legend Heather! - How wonderful

Ginny – the chair is very good looking

Welcome all the new gals!

What is your favourite sport/exercise (or maybe top 3 if you've got a few)?

This is a tough one for me, the one I do the most is walking/flat low grade hiking, I love to swim but never once this summer found a pool to get into

Kim from N. California
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Heather – how wonderful!

Ginny – that chair looks comfortable!

Went to church tonight and went into the cry room. I’m still coughing. I have found that when I get the urge to cough, if I take a swig of water, the urge goes away. So I brought a water bottle with me. I figured I really shouldn’t use the water bottle in the church and if I had a coughing fit, I didn’t want to disturb the others there. Also, this way I was closer to the bathroom.

Michele in NC
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    ❤️💛💜💚💙
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    3lfk01rtqhba.jpg
    Happy Saturday All, I am new to this group. I am 59 and am glad to be a part of a group of women over 50. I recently retired from middle school counseling after 30 years and am able to take care of myself so much better. I am eating cleanly and getting a good amount of exercise hiking with my Great Dane, mountain biking and swimming. I have lost 15 pounds since last May and have been maintaining what is now my goal weight pretty well. Logging EVERYTHING has been a huge key to my success. Like some others in this group have mentioned, I do not eat my exercise calories. Been there...done that and weight loss does not happen for me when I do that. I have improved my relationship with food which has helped me so much.
    I love the quote above from SuziQ113..."Nothing tastes as good as thin feels." So true! What a great quote to keep in mind when I am tempted. Hope everyone has a great day. :)

Serevogel - OMG! I love the pup! We had a black dane mix that looked a lot like your fur baby! My big guy has been gone 3 years now.

Okie in the TX Hill Country