Replies

• Fitdaily2021
    Fitdaily2021 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    On my way out to my car this morning, I captured this image:

sqkwmvmgcd1v.jpg

Flea
    Willamette Valley, Oregon

Hi OregonMom! My son lives out there and I LOVE it! Visiting in a few months [again] and cannot wait! BTW- spiders are amazing architects
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,361 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Up at 2. Sinuses dry - 2 cups of coffee and I'm ready to rumble 😃.

Barbara AHMOD - love your new pupster. <3 . Very intelligent eyes and looks like some border collie in there?? If so, she'll be herding Tumble and you can easily train her to sweep the floor and do the dishes, lol. She will keep Joe busy. Great addition to the family <3

BB&B DVD arrived yesterday, finished watching it a little bit ago. Doesn't look too bad, but what a workout. The instructor looks like a 30-something skinny aerobics teacher so she's going at full speed, but it shows a gal performing the moves at "Lanette" speed hanging onto a chair. B) I think I'll invest in an aerobic stepper, they recommend cheap ones from Walmart.

Rebecca ((((Hugs)))). If I was up at Whidbey I'd grab you for a long walk. But it looks like you'll have to go without me. Much shorter days already might be part of it? I read somewhere to get sunshine in your face for fifteen minutes when you first wake up, eyes tell the brain that it's going to be a fabulous day or something. 😉

Update on our pup who was scratching..... Yesterday morning 2 fat fleas hopped off her. Finally, we see some. Treated her and Sophie with Revolution and the cat got some too.

Lunch with GF today. I'll show up with bags under my eye, lol.

Off to the races. Make it a fab Friday!!

Lanette
    Foggy and frosty SW WA State

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,576 Member
    Options
    kvyayc8vtk5u.jpeg
    Kirby crossing the finish line
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,940 Member
    Options
    :)Barbara, congrats on your new dog. Thanks for the pictures.

:)Rebecca, my solution for everything is to go for a walk with headphones listening to a good book, good music, or an uplifting podcast. Also checking with your doctor is a good plan.

:)Michele, my reaction to the flu shot was a sore arm for over a week.

I'm 57 and started at 200 lbs on 9/25 and I am down 20 lbs to date. I walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes 5-6 times a week (avg. calories burned 250). Using the basic app to track my food daily. No cheating so far and I am really proud to say it is never to late to get started. Goal 150 and size HEALTHY!!!! Be encouraged. I am using a ketogenic diet and trying tons of new recipes.

:)Welcome, I hope you will keep coming back.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    🙋
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Barbara ~ Such a cute new pet! It looks like Tumble loves his new play mate.

Carol in GA
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Luci- I’m adicted to how sweet delicious Ghughes is! Only 10calories A don’t feel bad if I go over! I tried one flavor of skinny girl but Dad y me didn’t like that flavor.Havent tried any more of that brand. Walden same flavor also yuck 🤢. Lol Dad y me liked Walden farms only 2 flavors so far .

Last night hubby bought McDonald’s so way over calories! Gained 1.8lbs . Today being good it was a treat for JR mainly since he also is giving up fast foods except occasional pizza 1x every other week now.
    Steaming y baking meat lowers calories a lot! Less greasy for stomach issues

Today walking 🚶‍♀️ in house circle ⭕️
    Eating 🍽
    Gatorade zero o cal
    Crystal light peach tea ☕️ 5cal per 8oz
    Steak 🥩 steamed cooked 251cal
    G Hughes bbq sauce 10calories
    Valasic butter y bread pickles 10calories per 3big slices.
    Broccoli steamed or canned corn fry pan in its water only
    Beans with pieces of sausage 110cal per serving might have a helping at dinner
    Boiled egg 🥚

If hungry later maybe a small low cal item.

Amber Tx

Daughter went to Doctor but got one who didn’t believe her like usual. She’s a rarity a 20yr old Virgin who doesn’t date (guys ask her out she lets them know she doesn’t want biological kids only adopt a teen boy late in life they run 🏃 🏃 🏃 ...... 🏃‍♀️ . Well Doctor 👨‍⚕️ male didn’t believe her did a pregnancy test kept asking her how many partners over y over the. Stomped out slamming the door 🚪. Makes her feel like their calling her a liar 🤥 putting her down for being a Virgin. After a almost rape attack at work by another Navy coworker she takes a 1yr birth control shot just in case next time she doesn’t get away.(Boy was punished plus another boy who witnessed made him regret it too! The good guy y Daughter y his wife are friends now her Hero forever ♾). I told her it’s apart of being a female going to a Doctor they don’t believe me either. Male y female doctors do it now of days sad to say. Told her at least they didn’t decide she must be a Lesbian this time that’s a little better than usual. Being stuck on base she can’t walk off go to another Doctor you get who’s available. Sad to say first Doctors not to believe she is a Virgin was at 9 or 10yrs old said to her I’ve never met a girl your age who’s a Virgin your lying! Think the Woman has just doesn’t believe them cause she had a screw loose we changed clinics! (no not a exam down there their looking at her clothes on for a cold or flu so how they can decide she isn’t is beyond me if they looked they’d see she is! ) I just texted let her get it out. Navy kicks Girls with her job out if they get pregnant so trust me Daughter wants a career she’s not going to mess it up. Mad had to rant want to hang the Doctor by its toes!
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Janet - Make it a celebration of her life. Happy Christian songs or her favorite ones. A nice meal after for intermediate family the few extremely good friends (everyone pays for themselves. Let kids be kids a babies laughter is beautiful at a service - innocence. My Dads side sings them to heaven y celebrates it feels so much closer to them like they leave in peace but are still with you. Healing process is faster more complete. I can think back feel sad but then remember the wonderful time at the funeral y dinner after with everyone sharing happy funny memories lots of laughter y love.
    Moms side does the sad 😞 ones very few songs always sad ones.Sad poems y yelling at kids to behave. I won’t attend them I leave suicidal.
    Amber Tx

Take your time the service doesn’t have to be fast 💨 sure they can tell you how long you can wait at the parlor.
  • changeisnoww
    changeisnoww Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    hi all how do I join you guys.. do I just post? I need to reclaim my body back..xx looking forward to the adventure xx
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Flea- What a gorgeous photo of the spider web. Those fascinate me.

Janetr - So sorry for your loss.

I agree with "happier" funeral services. I really don't do well at the sad, everyone cries, format. I cried uncontrollably when my grandfather died and had one of my childhood friends not showed up, I would never have made it through. That said, I've never been to one where it's a "celebration of life."

Welcome to the new members. Just chime in when you feel like it. Lots of great information to be had from these ladies.

Having a down day. I feel mentally exhausted.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,878 Member
    Options
    I'm 57 and started at 200 lbs on 9/25 and I am down 20 lbs to date. I walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes 5-6 times a week (avg. calories burned 250). Using the basic app to track my food daily. No cheating so far and I am really proud to say it is never to late to get started. Goal 150 and size HEALTHY!!!! Be encouraged. I am using a ketogenic diet and trying tons of new recipes.

Overjoy there are several of us here that do lchf (low carb high fat). I am one of them. I am 63 years old, started at 210 lbs last December, now weigh 147 with a goal of 140. I love the lifestyle! My DH has even gotten on board. We have been cheating lately but back to it!

Welcome to this wonderful supportive group!

RV Rita in Bottomless Lakes State Park, ROSWELL, NM
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,569 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    scgirlz3 wrote: »
    On my way out to my car this morning, I captured this image:

Flea

Hi OregonMom! My son lives out there and I LOVE it! Visiting in a few months [again] and cannot wait! BTW- spiders are amazing architects

I agree! I am a huge spider fan. Well, I don't mean a fan of huge spiders, but a huge fan of spider of all sizes. :smiley:

Flea
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,569 Member
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    Good morning my friends, I continue to struggle to wrap my head around the loss of my sister. No plans for a service for her yet. I'm just remembering all the crazy things we did together and the laughs we shared.

Janetr OKC

Losing my sister has been the most difficult death for me to recover from. I've lost grandparents, my father, but to lose my family childhood peer . . . be kind to yourself. This will take a very long time, and you will never forget anything.

Flea
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Change is now- yes just post put name y state at the bottom of it. . Vent,share recipes to fotos,what your goals for today are,comment on another’s post,etc were friendly.

Amber Tx
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,798 Member
    Options
    Nicer day today weather wise. Going to be 70 tomorrow and then back down in 40's Sunday. I am off the weekend and plan is to work at home tomorrow and then go to Lincoln on Sunday to visit my friend in Rehab and meet my DN for late lunch before we come home.

Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3