WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2019

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,974 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »

barbie - I may have used the wrong word when I said "group". Is there any way to find out who just dropped in?

:) You can tell who posted by scrolling through the thread, but there is no way to tell who has been reading the thread.
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »

barbie - I may have used the wrong word when I said "group". Is there any way to find out who just dropped in?

:) You can tell who posted by scrolling through the thread, but there is no way to tell who has been reading the thread.

If accessing from a laptop you can click on the notifications icon (the little bell) and scroll through those. You will not see any commentary - just those visiting the conversations you follow. :smile:
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,677 Member
    Options
    stat for the day:

spin- 40min, 147mhr, 127ahr, 111aw, 71r, 10.1mi= 383c
    Apple Watch- 283c

total cal 383
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    😀
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Thanks 😊

Downloaded an app Daughter found lots of volunteers to a few blind. It’s called Be my eyes https://apps.apple.com/us/app/be-my-eyes-helping-the-blind/id905177575

Rare to get a call it says but when you do if available you answer.Then read something or tell the color of it for a blind person.

Amber Tx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,140 Member
    Options
    SuziQ - one of the things that bothers me is when you go somewhere and shortly thereafter get a message "how did you like xxx (where you'd just been). That always creeps me out

Michele NC

Turn off your location trackers.

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,140 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is a way to find out who is a member of this group?

Michele in NC

This isn't a group. It is a place for all women on a "drop in when you want to" basis.

Yes ... this is just a thread in a subforum.

And on the topic of security ...
    SuziQ113 wrote: »
    Most, if not All – Yes, I am not delusional and do realize so much of our live are on line despite the fact I am not a cloud user because we are all on the cloud (by the way it’s not really a cloud it’s a server somewhere in the world). Let’s look at MFP. Do we know who has access or could possibly gain access to our data? That said we have enough tracking in our lives (hm, all of those computer chips in our cars, cards, phones, health trackers, etc.). OK, I digress and really am not crazy with it, but privacy issues are something I think about often.

Pleasant thoughts to all.
    SuziQ – Broward County, FL

What we write in this thread (and each month's thread) is public ... it's accessible by anyone.

As for our other data here on MFP, I'm not overly concerned. They don't have any financial data and I don't connect MFP to anything else. By my food choices, they can tell I live in Australia, but that's no secret. And they can tell I exercise, but I don't think that's a secret either.

I also think a lot more about security/privacy ... especially after having taken a couple courses in it as part of my degree!

Machka in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,677 Member
    Options
    [[[[[[[
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,384 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    SuziQ - one of the things that bothers me is when you go somewhere and shortly thereafter get a message "how did you like xxx (where you'd just been). That always creeps me out

Michele NC

Turn off your location trackers.

Does this mean that I need to turn off my GPS?

Michele in NC
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    😏
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,331 Member
    Options
    Food - Garlic and chilli. Stinky cheese. :laugh:

Just watched the Dad's Autism video. Excellent. Thank you, Amber.
    DH 's elder daughter was diagnosed with Asperger's last year, in her late 40s. Makes a lot of things clear to him that were puzzling before and she is relieved to have a name for her problems. The book called Neurotribes is very good. At the moment it is free on my Amazon Prime, though we have a hard copy.

I often think that if the police ever needed a profile of me and my life, then Amazon would have soooooo much info on me! It pretty much would tell you everything you needed to know about me. :*:o;)
    The one thing we won't do is have store cards and we won't do Airbnb, or anything that wants your photo ID. We barely touch Facebook. I don't do Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest. However I do know that everything is out there and it's frightening. All those cookies. :sad: And not the fattening kind.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,789 Member
    Options
    Up having my tea, which is sublime this morning, catching up with you all..
    I binge watched Hallmark movies all yesterday afternoon till 10 last night lol ,so unlike me.. and all the mushy love stuff sort of makes me gag .he he he.. the only one who loves me like that is Aflie
    right now he is on squirrel duty ..sits on my lap looks out the window and if one comes up on my retaining wall he is off like a shot..