December 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 oh no! How is your hip feeling now? It feels like recovering from a pulled muscle takes forever. I’m just now feeling like I might be ready to run again with this darned hamstring I pulled early November
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I just checked my total km for the year, 894.0...

I was only planning 3k but I have to do 6 now don't I

ETA im at 82.6 for Dec... So do I do 6 for the even 900,or 7.8 for the even 90??
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »

ETA im at 82.6 for Dec... So do I do 6 for the even 900,or 7.8 for the even 90??

7.8!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 I was missing you! Glad you’re back, sorry to hear the reason you were gone. You and ultras, man, you tore up your foot the same time last year.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    On an interesting note, strava and garmin differ by only 5k. Strava says I ran 905k, garmin says 900.

I assume that's due to small differences with how they interpret the GPS data. I'm going with Garmin because that's my primary indicator. But if the difference only adds up to 5k over a year, so 0.5% different, that's pretty cool!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,972 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    @katharmonic Great job on reaching your December goal!

@7lenny7 Glad to see you are back. I meant to ask about you in this group yesterday, but didn't get around to it. Hope you can stay injury free.

@rheddmobile Fantastic that your picture is being used for promotional materials. Also great that you are in front of your nemesis.

WTG @Avidkeo ! Glad you got your 900km done.

On the Sixth Day Of Christmas,
    my workout let me see,
    Six children sleeping,
    Five hills to run,
    Four falling leaves,
    Three black cows,
    Two tractor tracks,
    And a sweet bouncing boxer puppy.

Today was a rest day. I worked at the daycare in the one year old classroom. I actually saw 8 children sleeping, but not for very long. Those kids just don't want to take a nap. What's up with that? I go to my car and grab a 30 minute catnap on my break. I try to tell them they'll wish they could sleep when they get older, but they aren't buying it. LOL

I need to do at least 1.8 miles tomorrow in order to make my Dec goal of 50 miles. I'm not scheduled to work, so I should be able to do that. We'll see. Plans around here change with a moments notice.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Teresa502 wrote: »

7.8!

Whew hot out there! Sorry to disappoint, went with 6 because its supposed to be a short day with a longer run tomorrow. Trying to avoid an injury haha
    nbtzsfjjjv7e.jpg
    Whew!

Woo hoo that's 900km for 2019! I'm pretty happy with that.

Definitely going to aim for 1000 for 2020. Given I had 3 months in the middle of the year where I only managed 20k each month it should be achievable

No disappointment at all. You rock!
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Did the 14.2 today and my legs, especially my right ankle, hurt. Of course. But... should I take an ibuprofen or anything? I did a 12.4 the first of this month and I was so sore the day of but woke up the next morning and I felt fine. Today I feel worse. What would you do?
    Basically, tough it out or is that stupid?
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    Did the 14.2 today and my legs, especially my right ankle, hurt. Of course. But... should I take an ibuprofen or anything? I did a 12.4 the first of this month and I was so sore the day of but woke up the next morning and I felt fine. Today I feel worse. What would you do?
    RICE - rest, ice, compression, elevate. I’d start with 20 minutes ice pack.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    I would avoid the ibuprofen if you can and do the RICE routine on your ankle as @emmamcgarity recommended. Ibuprofen has been shown to be especially hard on muscle recovery.
    Foam rolling might help your legs to recover if you have one.