December 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I thought i had pretty much decided I DO NOT need to buy new shoes. Based on the appearance of them.

But.

My feet hurt.
    My right knee has been getting pained during runs.
    My left shin and calf were on fire while running.
    My right hip flexor has been screaming at me.

So I need to nail down if it is shoes, form, technique, stride, nutrition, or a rest issue.

Sounds simple enough right ....
  • hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I thought i had pretty much decided I DO NOT need to buy new shoes. Based on the appearance of them.

But.

My feet hurt.

So I need to nail down if it is shoes, form, technique, stride, nutrition, or a rest issue.

Great job on the 30 min! Not sure about the 10K plan, does seem odd.
    I’ve set up our team for Run the Year, so when you register just search the team and request to join!
  • Camaramandy648
    Options

But.

My feet hurt.

I’ve set up our team for Run the Year, so when you register just search the team and request to join!

@hamsterwheel6 i just did my registration but it sent me a CRAP TON of videos to watch! Where do I request to join? I am not tech savvy AT ALL
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    I ran today!!!

YAY!!!!
  • hamsterwheel6
    Options
    Yay to all those who made goal and improvements through the year!
    let’s see my highest mileage month is Dec - 143.2 miles! Whoa, didn’t realize. Lowest month September 91.5miles

Finished the year with. 4.5 run. Was nice, but windy so made it a bit tough.
    See ya next year!

Have a safe and happy new year!
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    The last run of the year and first run of my new training plan was in the snow! Okay, so calling it snow is a bit of a stretch, but I did leave footprints! :)
    8aabsvs46tlr.jpeg
    xht34gvynej2.jpeg

I, of course, had the problem where running into the snow meant eyeballs getting pelted, or putting on sunglasses which fog up and make you blind. No magic trick has worked to fix that yet. Hrmph.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    I currently have 9 pairs of shoes in rotation and 9 pairs in reserve.

Your shoe budget must be bigger than my CAR budget. 18 running shoes? Man. That is some serious outlay.
  • hamsterwheel6
    Options

But.

My feet hurt.

@hamsterwheel6 i just did my registration but it sent me a CRAP TON of videos to watch! Where do I request to join? I am not tech savvy AT ALL

You will have to log in. One of the emails they sent you would include a password.
    Once you have signed in, look on the feet had side for teams , do a search for out name and request to join.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,125 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    @AlphaHowls All I've got is "WOW!"

@PastorVincent Way to get out there and get your first "training" run done! I'd call that snow, but I live in TN, so what do you expect? If we got that much, there would be no bread or milk left in the grocery stores. LOL
  • Camaramandy648
    Options
    The last run of the year and first run of my new training plan was in the snow! Okay, so calling it snow is a bit of a stretch, but I did leave footprints! :)
    8aabsvs46tlr.jpeg
    xht34gvynej2.jpeg

I, of course, had the problem where running into the snow meant eyeballs getting pelted, or putting on sunglasses which fog up and make you blind. No magic trick has worked to fix that yet. Hrmph.

Goal for 2020:

Be like @PastorVincent
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    @PastorVincent Way to get out there and get your first "training" run done! I'd call that snow, but I live in TN, so what do you expect? If we got that much, there would be no bread or milk left in the grocery stores. LOL

I used to live in Nashville, and I remember one year we got like 1 inch of snow. It shut the city down for days. It was pretty sad really.
  • Camaramandy648
    Options

I used to live in Nashville, and I remember one year we got like 1 inch of snow. It shut the city down for days. It was pretty sad really.
    I have two sisters there and i love love love that place!
  • PastorVincent
    Options

I have two sisters there and i love love love that place!

It so far as been my favorite city to live in. Pittsburgh is growing on me though.