December 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent Way to get out there and get your first "training" run done! I'd call that snow, but I live in TN, so what do you expect? If we got that much, there would be no bread or milk left in the grocery stores. LOL

I used to live in Nashville, and I remember one year we got like 1 inch of snow. It shut the city down for days. It was pretty sad really.
    I have two sisters there and i love love love that place!

It so far as been my favorite city to live in. Pittsburgh is growing on me though.

@PastorVincent AND i have family in Pittsburg! She actually plays on a woman’s football team called Pittsburg Passion or something! Small world!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent Way to get out there and get your first "training" run done! I'd call that snow, but I live in TN, so what do you expect? If we got that much, there would be no bread or milk left in the grocery stores. LOL

I used to live in Nashville, and I remember one year we got like 1 inch of snow. It shut the city down for days. It was pretty sad really.

It so far as been my favorite city to live in. Pittsburgh is growing on me though.

@PastorVincent AND i have family in Pittsburg! She actually plays on a woman’s football team called Pittsburg Passion or something! Small world!

I did not know such a thing existed but then again I could not tell you much of anything about the Steelers either. :) I only know they exist because of all the signage and vocal fans. :smiley:
  • Camaramandy648
    Options

I did not know such a thing existed but then again I could not tell you much of anything about the Steelers either. :) I only know they exist because of all the signage and vocal fans. :smiley:

Haha yeah people like football. Especially here in Arkansas because it’s all these people have. Kinda. They’re about to not have that either unless they can get a decent coach!

I enjoy people watching at the games but I am much more impressed by individual sports where the person is competing with his or herself and the battle is in the mind, not on a field.
  • Camaramandy648
    Options
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    125.45/100, proud of this! Happy New Year's Eve, everyone!
    vrowfcfjx5q6.jpg

@LoveyChar you NAILED IT!
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    125.45/100, proud of this! Happy New Year's Eve, everyone!
    vrowfcfjx5q6.jpg

Well done!
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent Thank you! I was born and raised in Butler. Pittsburgh is my first home.

@Camaramandy Thank you, sweetie! Looking forward to hitting new goals with you in 2020!
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    I currently have 9 pairs of shoes in rotation and 9 pairs in reserve.

Your shoe budget must be bigger than my CAR budget. 18 running shoes? Man. That is some serious outlay.

Not as bad as it sounds. My average cost per pair is just $60. My problem is that I can't pass up a good deal. Considering the fact that I typically just get 300 miles per pair, and taking into account my annual mileage, these would keep me shod for just 4 years.

I've gotten to the point where I have specific shoes for specific terrain or conditions, much like a golfer and their golf clubs.

Recently I found a pair of Saucony Peregrine Ice+ 8 shoes for for just $70. I had to buy them. They will be my go-to pair for snowy or icy pavement in cold temps (below 15F). I tried them tonight and they're great.
  • Camaramandy648
    Options

Your shoe budget must be bigger than my CAR budget. 18 running shoes? Man. That is some serious outlay.

Not as bad as it sounds. My average cost per pair is just $60. My problem is that I can't pass up a good deal. Considering the fact that I typically just get 300 miles per pair, and taking into account my annual mileage, these would keep me shod for just 4 years.

I've gotten to the point where I have specific shoes for specific terrain or conditions, much like a golfer and their golf clubs.

Recently I found a pair of Saucony Peregrine Ice+ 8 shoes for for just $70. I had to buy them. They will be my go-to pair for snowy or icy pavement in cold temps (below 15F). I tried them tonight and they're great.

I am very loyal to Salomon xr missions. I LOVE them. The stability is amazing and I have not had a single issue with my ankles.

The hard part is finding good information on road running shoes for overpronation because there is SO MUCH info out there.
  • PastorVincent
    edited January 2020
    Options

It is all relative man. I could not afford 9 pairs at $70 even, never mind 18.

I will wear my Saucony Ride ISO's that I just bought in December for like 90% of my runs in 2020. They cost me $42.84 with tax. I own exactly 3 footwears:

Saucony Ride ISO - my primary running shoe
    Altra Lone Peak 3.5 - occasional snow/trail/mud running
    Merrel Moab 2 Mid - primary footwear for all things not covered above.

I need to replace both my Altras and my Merrels in 2020. Either is currently beyond my means.

Just have to find a deal. Probably not going to get Altra's again, I was not impressed on how well they held the ground at the Hell Have No Hurry Ultra. No idea what to get. Probably look at Saucony and New Balance since they both have decent shoes in wide widths.

Probably will get the Moab 2s again if I can find a deal on them. Waterproof "hiking" boots are my jam for normal footwear and they are harder to find than they should be.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,977 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent In our/their defense, we don't get that much snow so don't have much snow removal equipment and NO ONE seems to know how to drive in the stuff. So, it's probably much safer that we just shut down for the 2 or 3 days that it stays on the streets and enjoy some down time.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    @PastorVincent In our/their defense, we don't get that much snow so don't have much snow removal equipment and NO ONE seems to know how to drive in the stuff. So, it's probably much safer that we just shut down for the 2 or 3 days that it stays on the streets and enjoy some down time.

Oh, I have seen Nashvillians drive in the snow. I literally had to use 4WD to go over dividers and burms to get around the devastation they caused.

They should ABSOLUTELY stay at home. No question about it.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options

Oh, I have seen Nashvillians drive in the snow. I literally had to use 4WD to go over dividers and burms to get around the devastation they caused.

I would opine that DC is the worst!!!!
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »

I would not really be able to comment on that. For my stint in DC, I walked or Metro'd everywhere. If you know what you are about you do not need a car there.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »

I think Maryland (Baltimore and surroundings) is the worst and they should know how to drive in bad weather. Actually they are terrible drivers in good weather too so just means they are even more terrible in bad weather! I have never driven somewhere where people just stop in the middle of the road/highway for no reason other than something evident to only them.