WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR DECEMBER 2019

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,923 Member
    Options
    :)Phantom1961, You have come to the right place. Having a supportive husband is great but it is not enough. This thread will allow you to share as much as you want and ask all the questions you want. There are women on this thread with struggles that are similar to yours and they can share how they deal with the things that you deal with. I spent four winters in Southern Minnesota and know a bit of what your winters are like. I live in NW WA where the weather is more mild but I've bought lots of cold weather gear so I can get outside a lot year round. I also have exercise DVDs and an exercise bike so I can be active indoors when I don't want to freeze off my face and fingers. I hope you will keep coming back.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    🙋‍♀️💞
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Rode the recumbent bike. Since I’m still coughing, I didn’t do it as intensely as I usually do it. The plan for tomorrow is to take the extremepump class

How well I remember going out in the backyard of in-laws house and picking the oranges right off the tree and then making OJ. Can’t be beat

Barbara – nope, almost all of the hotels we stayed at didn’t have the Weather Channel. We FINALLY found it at the last hotel we stayed at, but the one we mainly stayed at didn’t have the Weather Channel. We were mega-disappointed

I’m not going bowling tomorrow but hope to get to the doctor’s. This cough is just a pain in the lower backside

The MD wanted me to take my bp at home. I’ve decided not to take it in the month of December because I know it’s going to be high. Vince likes to put things off to the last minute and that’s something that really bothers me. I know I’m going to be getting anxious (like every year) about all the prep that needs to be done.

After exercising went to WalMart to get things to make for dinner this week. Then had to run to Food Lion because WalMart doesn't carry the low sodium stuffing mix. And they wonder why there are so many problems (hypertension, etc)

Welcome, welcome, welcome everyone new

Michele in NC
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    Uuu
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Rita: I love this message, “Don’t wait for things to get better. Life will always be complicated. Learn to be happy right now, otherwise you’ll run out of time.” Thank you for sharing it. :star::heart: :star:

Heather: Great pic of your son. He’s close in age to mine, who is also 43. My son will be 44 in July. :bigsmile:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,215 Member
    Options
    For tomorrow, because I've just been watching a programme on Gauguin, my favourite piece of art has to be anything by Van Gogh, or Rothko. Very different from each other, but both give me that sense of hard won peace.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: I found your son's airsoft action video. Great fun— :bigsmile: Does he post new ones from time to time? :star:
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    stat for the day:

ski machine- 55min, 94av strides per min, 131ahr, 151mhr, 10incline, 40resist, 1.98mi= 542c
    apple machine- 447c
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,215 Member
    Options
    Katla - Just about one a week. If you can possibly find the one on French Army Ration Packs, it is hilarious!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Barbie Love parsnips.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Hugs to those traveling tonight. It's brutal out there.
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Finally feeling like I am winning battle against UTI. I hate the stupid things, but there are far worse things a person can have. I just have a hard time dealing with how much they wipe me out. So, while I got everything ready for Thanksgiving and Christmas stuff shipped and things I had to do, I did not do anything involving work during my week off until today. I will be putting in lots of hours this week, but since I have rested so much, perhaps I will be sharp!

Looks like everyone is settling into December. Hope those in the path of the storm are dealing with it well. We just have had some rain and wind, but nothing major.

Got eating back on track completely today after the Thanksgiving goodies. Weight actually was ok-while up a touch, still within maintenance range, just not as low as before. I think I should be back there in a week or so. Going to try to run a bit of a deficit between now and when I leave for visit with kids at Christmas. DIL is a wonderful cook and makes things I never do so I want to enjoy within reason. Plus, I will have to take the grandchildren for ice cream!

Have a good start to the week all.

Ginny in Ohio
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    💤😴💤
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Bugglover- Don’t feel bad my Mom died ,my baby died miscarriage,3months later bam 💥 pregnancy post menopause yet 2back to back! I was depressed to cravings bam 💥 up up y away went my weight then was told bedrest for over a year plus surgeries . Sons 2 1/2 I’ve finally lost 43lbs but took a long time still got a lot to go.

Amber Tx