• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,065 Member
    Options
    Lisa: Those quilts are beautiful.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    11pm-7:30am slept. Hyper baby lol 😂. Bet afternoon nap will be better

Not sure what to eat gained 1lb after spaghetti yesterday ...noticing when macro thingy shows carbs high bam gain this winter 🥶. Hopefully down again soon enough.

Amber Tx

Have no clue what I’ll eat today at all.
    Exercise hopefully too will go good I’m tired⭕️🛌 but need JR on a good sleep schedule by Daughter visit so we can squeeze lots of time in.
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    BARBIE thanks for the new thread

GINNY I was advised by my consultant to take D-Mannose and a prebiotic drink daily to help prevent UTIs. Previously I was taking a low dose antibiotic daily. Heather also started taking this.

Welcome newbies you'll find all the help and encouragement you need on this thread

Kate UK <3
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,046 Member
    Options
    Lisa gorgeous!
    Staying home today because of icy roads. For me it is the parking lot and sidewalks too. I have a long walk to get to the Y where painting class is held.
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    For all bookworms out there
    A three part TV series called "Sleuths, Spies and Sorcerers, Andrew Marr's Paperback Heroes" Now on BBC IPlayer. I haven't watched yet but looks interesting

Kate UK <3
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Lisa, Beautiful quilts.

Betsy in NW WA
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,328 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    It's Monday, ladies!

Carol - I've eaten salad/dinner for breakfast a few times, why not? Good way to clean out the fridge sometimes too. :)

Sue in WA - sounds like you are making great progress on the rental house and got a lot done with your helpers there. Photos please? B)

Betsy - when we watch Alaskan adventure shows, I often think of you. I am crossing fingers, toes, eyes that this lawsuit gets settled once and for all.

Last week I found frozen Turkey legs at Safeway! After looking all over the past few years. They said they actually carry them all the time, they have a customer that buys a huge amount every couple weeks. Turkey soup sounds great and I'm not sure I've ever had parsnips but will grab one to throw in it. Thanks Barbie for the idea.

Lisa
    - great job on the quilts, they all will be thrilled! :D

Michele - I am glad you are going to see a doctor about your cough and agree, it's been hanging on way too long. How much longer does Jess have before she finishes school?

Heather - what a neat photo of your son and Bea at the Christmas tree. Have a good visit with older son!

Yesterday I decided to stick my nose in a book and pulled "Following Atticus" by Tom Ryan off the shelf. I think several of you have read it, but for those who haven't, it's about an out-of- shape fellow who decides to get a mini Schnauzer pup and they proceed to climb 48 peaks over 4000 ft high in the White Mountains in New Hampshire. Several times.

I popped onto his Facebook page, and since writing that book (and a sequel "Will's Red Coat") he's had many health problems including stroke and kidney failure. He's now on a very strict vegan diet and his health is good. And he has 2 new dogs, not schnauzers this time - they are deceased. Hope he's working on another book. B) I love his writing style.

This morning Rosie, our youngest mini schnauzer, got her Bravecto tablet with her breakfast. 3 month flea killer. Am monitoring her to make sure she doesn't upchuck anything. She's got an iron gut so will likely be fine. :)

NYKaren - I watched Brittany Runs a Marathon. I had to grab a Kleenex at the end! Interesting to see her life and friends in New York and the challenges she faced on many levels.

Welcome new ladies! Someone mentioned not getting enough protein.... I get a high protein cereal from The Cereal School, 16 gm of protein and 100 calories in each packet, less than 1 carb. Delightfully crunchy and I eat them for snacks. Looks like a cyber Monday sale, 15% off. I love the peanut butter and cinnamon bun flavors but they are all good. TheCerealSchool.com

Have a great week!

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,906 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    :)Michele, My favorite Thanksgiving food is stuffing which has a ton of sodium. I eat more of that than any other food and my weight always goes up about three pounds from fluid retention. Then I have a night where I wake up to pee every hour and my weight goes back to normal.

:)Lisa, Those quilts are beautiful and will be loved by the recipients.

:)Amber, I stay off other threads because of all the snarky judgmental responders. I love this thread because we are so respectful of each other.

:)Julie from Texas, Welcome. I like the feel of gratitude mixed in with your sharing. Gratitude is a tool that has brought me through many tough times.

:)NY Karen, You are correct. As a teacher, I loved snow days. As a retired person, I love them even more.

:)Lanette, Bessie takes Bravecto but Sasha and Bernie get Revolution. Fleas are not welcome in our lives.

<3 Barbie from NW WA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Lisa - The grandkids will be thrilled to get those quilts! :D<3

Been out for my run. The sun was shining brightly and the sea was blue. Someone was swimming in it! :o As the temperature was near freezing this morning they must be crazy. It was gorgeous out though. I had to undo my fleece jacket and take off my gloves.

I'm deaf in one ear with wax at the moment (it happens from time to time) so I'm a bit cranky. >:) Hate it. I'm softening it up with oil, and then I will syringe it.

Ginny - Yes, after Kate UK mentioned it, I have been taking D-Mannose. It is not cheap, but I haven't had a full blown attack since. If I feel one coming on I take a higher dose. Definitely worth the expense.

DH has decided to cook tonight because I was so cranky. He's just been out to shop for it. <3 I'm going to be AF today.
    His back is a bit better and he said he has given himself a good talking to. :laugh:
    His younger daughter has found an apartment she likes and may make an offer. If it comes off, and hers is sold, he will be parting with her share of the initial inheritance.

He has come back and is going to make a beef stew. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,328 Member
    Options
    Kate - I found Sleuths, Spies and Sorcerers on YouTube. Thank you for the recommendation!

Barbie - I had 4 tubes of the Revolution for dogs left, so Sophie got hers yesterday. She's rarely bothered by fleas. Indoor/outdoor cat will get AdvantageII squirted onto the back of her neck when I can sneak up to her, lol.
    The vet said there's a good chance if we treat them for 3 months, the fleas will be eradicated for a while. Hope he's right! Used to be we only had to treat for a few months in the summer.

Heather, I keep forgetting to ask... what kind of shoes are you wearing when you run on the beach? Are they waterproof? Do they get full of sand? I often have to shake gravel out of mine from just walking down our driveway. :s

Lanette
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Machka: Christmas in summer is quite a departure from what many of us are used to. Days are noticeably shorter here and will continue to get shorter until December 21. I crave light and we have a houseful of daylight temperature light bulbs. Our next step will be to put up some colorful outside lights. We used to go all out, but DH isn’t able to do all the wonderful things that he used to do and our outside lighting will be limited. :ohwell:

Michele: I understand your wish to have your family visit during the holidays. I would like that, too. It won’t happen for us this year. :ohwell:

JR’s Late in life mom: I hope you haven’t been hurt by mean comments. When we were all younger there was a clique of “mean girls.” Many of them seem to grow up to be mean old women. A few of them go through hardships that make them more understanding of others. (((HUGS)))

Lisa: Your “Cheater Quilt” is destined to bring happiness to your granddaughter. I love the tractor quilt & Minecraft quilt, too. WTG!!! :bigsmile:

We have a pretty morning, but it is only 35 F at this point— I plan to go outside and enjoy the sunshine once it is a bit less chilly.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,826 Member
    Options
    B)