Replies

• LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    :|
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,880 Member
    Options
    Karen in VA - so sorry to hear of the car break-in. That's rotten and a pox on the culprit. >:)

Barbara AHMOD
    - and a pox on the mailbox thief. >:)

Lanette
    SW WA State

Agreed!! :angry:
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,880 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Running round like a chicken with its head cut off!! I'm finishing up for the year and preparing for punch biopsy of a mole on my leg tomorrow afternoon.

I just picked up a few pair of shorts. We're actually supposed to be getting something that sort of resembles summer weather over the next few days :) and the shorts should be comfy for hanging around the house if walking is painful.

Machka in Oz

I also picked up a couple loose, comfy summer dresses and 3 books, used. So if I can't move much for a couple days, I'll be relatively comfortable with reading material. :)

Otherwise, as of about 2 pm tomorrow, I've got 16 days off! Reading and relaxing will take place!!

I've spend much of this evening tidying up "My Spot" and surrounding area. Unfortunately, my husband was a little discombobulated today and required a lot of reassurance when I got home, so I did a lot of that while I was tidying. I forget that his short-term memory is not very good and he got all mixed up about several things. The schedule is changing with me having time off and that seems to be throwing him off. Finally I put on a show he really likes, and that seemed to settle things down.

I have my CT scan for my nose booked and I've got the follow-up appointment arranged. There could be surgery coming up in late summer/early autumn. I wonder what it is like to breathe without working at it.

Machka in Oz
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Did a 60-40-20 minute workout today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a strength training band DVD. Thursday here: Did the Strength Training Band workout. The plan for tomorrow is to do Gilad’s Step and Tone DVD.

Went over on calories yesterday at Rummikub. But it was mostly protein bars, cheese and fruit. Not even going to log today because I’m making the rest of the desserts and putting them in the freezer for Christmas Eve. Made sugar cookies with chocolate on top and a chocolate cream dessert (except I didn’t put the whipped cream on top until the last minute. Now to get back to serious logging etc. Well, not going to log today, but am making sure my portions are right

After exercise needed gas so I went to WalMart which is right there. Didn’t get a whole lot, tho

Our first cat was a Maine Coon. They are gorgeous

Karen VA – glad they didn’t get much from your car. But it’s still unnerving.

The only “stuff” I want for Christmas are things that I want. What I started doing this year was keeping a running list of the things I want. Like a new float for the pool, a life preserver for the pool, a brush for the pool. Vince is of the opinion that you should get things for Christmas that you wouldn’t get yourself. I want what I need so that whenever I’m using it, I think of the person who gave it to me. Like I have a set of bowls that I got for my wedding shower and every time I use them I think of the people who gave them to me, even tho they are no longer here.

Almost forgot that we have ceramics tonight. None for the next two weeks.

Luci NC – Happy Birthday

Remember I was telling you about that cough that I had. Well, I was talking to this lady at the gym today and she mentioned Vicks. I don’t think Vicks will do anything but that got me thinking about this stuff, boroleum, that my grandmother used to use. So I put some in my nostrils and whenever I get the urge to cough, I breathe deeply and get the menthol/camphor. I haven’t been coughing much at all. Seems that many times the old remedies are the best.

Went to ceramics last night then to Publix and got a few gift cards and other things. Getting a box ready for Denise. Vince said that he was planning to get their cat and dog something today, so I’ll take the box to the post office tomorrow.

It’s weird, I haven’t had much sugar lately but yesterday I made the cookies and chocolate dessert. Today I have a stomach ache. Not real bad, but I don’t want any sugar. Last year I would have had a hard time staying away from the cookies, but not this year.

Karen VA – so happy for your partner.

I firmly believe that exercise helps lessen my hot flashes. When I was up helping Denise, I didn’t exercise for two weeks. When I got home did I ever have a hot flash to beat all hot flashes. But once I started to exercise, they really went down in intensity.

M – what great views. The problem with that is I would walk much slower and look all around….lol

Better post this before I get much more behind.

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,920 Member
    Options
    :)Kim, we, too, have had an occasional morning when the weather was too much to deal with. The dogs usually give up sooner than I do.

<3 Barbie
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,116 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    No time to go back and catch up. Hope all are fine.

Just back from Dancing group Christmas Party. I have logged everything and will compensate for the rest of the day. Hoping to finish cards for hand delivery today. Already posted the others off.

Bring the tree down later this afternoon. The storm last night has dislodged some of the outside light fixings on the front of the house, and DH is out making things more secure.

Karen in VA: So delighted to hear that your partner had a successful op.
    Luci: 🎉🎈🎉Happy Birthday 🎉🎈🎉
    Kim: Human kindness is alive and well!!!

Take care!
    249w6yu19rgd.gif

☘️ Terri
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    B)
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Machka y Michele- I better not stop exercising then if these could worsen from not exercising I don’t want to find out! My 1st peri I had terrible hot flashes my hair y eye brows fell out y when a boss stuck a thermometer 🌡 in my mouth it showed I was running a high fever...few seconds later hot flashes passed retook my temp I was normal again (Did make my male boss realize it’s not in his wife,my,or other female workers heads tho!). I’m going to bring 2 chilled maybe 4 waters for when we go shopping to haircut for Daughter so when shopping triggers them I can whoooo take a sip. Of course hubbythink it’s just the walking when I leave the house I’m toting JR 40lbs of hoisting up y down from a truck to finding ways to put him in a cart or having him walk if it’s not a huge warehouse store (SamsClub warehouse need a cart/ Bath y Body soap candle shop he can walk).

The strength rubber bands finally found 1 Csection article that was dedicated to extreme Csection y hysterectomies they mentioned it was safe after a year. Where do you buy them? What do they look like? How do you use them? If it can help rebuild my stomach muscles back up that be a blessing before JR gets bigger again!

CW 151
    Today (getting tired of so much meat Keto) chicken quesadillas or taco 🌮 for Brunch.
    Dinner probably chicken y broccoli 🥦. Crystal light peach tea to boot. Snacks unknown. Didn’t finish my calories yesterday .
    My sleep last night in the dark kept hearing whispering been a few nights of this “Quack like a Duck” so recorded with my cell phone turned the flashlight on it to on ... there’s JR whispering @Quack like a duck” over y over grinning with his Pooh Bear dancing on my butt . JR fighting sleep again so much for trying to make him sleep Alone darn escape artist!

Amber Tx
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    ✳️🙋❇️
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Machka: Thanks for a peek at summer. It is cloudy here and 41 Fahrenheit. Your photos of summer weather are very welcome. :bigsmile:

Allie: I wish your brother well. :star:

Terri: Thanks for the snowy Christmas Card. :smiley:

Amber: I have never been able to make myself try the Keto diet. I just count calories and typically eat a high protein diet. High protein is often accompanied with higher fat levels in food. It hasn’t had negative consequences for me so far. I think we all have differences that make it important to eat the things that make our bodies feel better and avoid those that make us feel worse. Bottomline advice, eat things that your body likes and count calories. :flowerforyou:

It is 7:24 AM and just beginning to get a little bit lighter outside. It feels good to be cozy and warm inside, and I think that all of my tiny lighted artificial Christmas Trees and bubble-light night lights give off just enough light to help me stay cheerful. We'll be bringing our live tree inside in the next couple of days. Her name is Alberta Spruce because that is what she is. The tree can only stay indoors for a week or ten days without getting too big a shock coming inside and going back outside.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Katla during the other months a Healthy diet was all I needed ,but this winter had to go more Keto. Seeing my weight not going up on it but definitely minute warmer weather returns going back to what I ate before the cold hit! I can’t do more than 4oz if chicken many days (6-8oz on good days). So keep making my self Refried bean items with 2oz of meat.

Amber Tx
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,491 Member
    Options
    "Todo"s and "done"s
    Did: skipped T'ai Chi entirely, dogsat instead. Finished whites, made gluten free almond flour russian tea cakes/mexican wedding cakes, made appointment with pc guy for tomorrow, made mac'n'cheese, took Shadow to dog group (she had her first pack walk!), picked up reports, prepped for Board meeting and went. Today will go into town to gas up, pick up post office stuff, drop off books and blouse at thrift store, stop at Freddies for bags and bulbs, recycle, make crescent batter, finish the tree, walk/comb Tumble, make list for pc guy appointment, wrap ornaments for Lois and deliver on way back home. Planning on some red wine this evening, will hold it down to two.

Luci belated best birthday wishes!
    Rebecca what cuties! Awesome burn!
    Shirley in Northern NY stay warm and safe!
    Sue in WA Austrian chocolate balls?
    Karen VA so glad to hear the surgery went well. Sending vibes for rapid and complete recovery. Josephina ballerina has been in my thoughts lately.
    Kim Walking in the rain is one thing, trying to ford a flooded parking lot in the dark is quite another. Good choice!
    Janetr you have truly had a rough season. ((hugs))
    Machka hope the punch biopsy results are benign and your getaway is warm and relaxing. Ditto Katla's thanks for pics of sunny beaches, the atmospheric river has finally flowed in here... ;}
    Pip Yogi and peanut butter :heart: Shadow too!
    Michele “Getting a box ready for Denise. “ :heart:
    Allie your brother doesn't know you have us in your pocket, sending him and his healthcare givers good energy ;)
    Amber, maybe Santa would bring you one of these? Heather, “bubbly and energetic” not to mentioned gifted and artistic, you two will be great!
    Rori thanks for the resistance band info. They look just like the instruments our BB&B coach tortures us with ;)

Haven't seen either of the Vickies post recently?

Time to get MOVIN'!

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD! Word for December: get up and go outside EVERY day!
    daily: steps=5146 better but still short of goal, vits=15.5 log=18 CI<CO=14 CI<250<CO=3 Tumble 5/10=8 mfp=18 AF=13 outside=8
    wkly: BBBorTC x2=5, rx=2 dance=2 pack walk=1.6
    mnthly: board mtg=1 grant= dog group email list= sew= play=