WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR DECEMBER 2019

Options

Replies

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Luci
    xtrbtrddvn4c.png

KarenVa peace and healing strength as you wait for surgery to be over.

Beth it sounds like a good semester and your DYS is going to graduate in May, very hopeful yes? Hope the migraine relief is more lasting this time.

Rori love the idea of a creative outlet, especially one with photographs! Do you use shutterfly or adobe photo or some other app to create the pages? Love this idea, I think I'm gonna have to be a copycat on this one and plan for that next year.

Kelly feel better soon!

Busy concert prep day for my kiddos but the day ended with me getting to hug Rachel! <3 2 more days before the start of my vacation, can't wait!

NYKAREN

• SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Never miss a day or it seems you can never catch up...LOL! It's my birthday today! I've been saying I'm 63 for a while...now I really am. I try to fool myself so I don't get upset on the day! I'll try to catch up soon. Have a wonderful day everyone!! <3

Luci in WNC

Happy birthday Luci!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,415 Member
    Options
    ☘️🎄🤶🏻
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Happy Answer The Phone Like Buddy The Elf Day!

"Buddy the Elf was played by Will Farrell in the 2003 movie Elf. Answering the phone like Buddy the Elf not only surprises unsuspecting callers, but it brightens their day, too. As your day goes along, it will most certainly brighten yours! Who can resist a giggle or a smile when being elf-like. Simply answer the phone and say '(Insert your Name) the Elf, what’s your favorite color?' As you answer, smile and spread some joy. It’s nearly impossible not to."

Sue - The goats are adorable! I've always loved goats, and if I could turn back the clock a few years I'd buy some land and start a herd. Sorry to hear about the roof repairs... those big-ticket repairs are stressful!

Karen - Not counting the parrots, Mr. Phineas is the last of the creatures who joined us while we were living in New Mexico. He is a magnificent beast and he knows it! Sorry to hear about your car. What is the matter with people?!

Heather - Ooh, I think wrapping the sausages in bacon instead of dough is a fabulous idea. The only thing better than pork is more pork!

Luci - Happy birthday!

I'm still fighting this stupid respiratory infection. Philip and I are sleeping separately because we were keeping each other awake with our coughing and hacking. Missed another workout today, which irritates me but I saw him relapse with this crud after getting back to work too soon so I'm not taking any chances. I'd rather put on a couple of pounds than still be sick come Christmas!

Today's commemorative day was chosen because I felt like being ridiculous. However, I rarely answer the land line (because it's almost always people trying to sell something) so I didn't get to talk like Buddy the Elf.

-Yvonne in TX
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,207 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka that must be a miniature mince pie ;) The seven fishes meals the others describe do not appeal, like you I'm not fond of seafood, and for me that includes fish :sick:.
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie

This is a mince pie ... it's a tart. :)
    It's slightly smaller than a meat pie or pecan and white chocolate pie which are quite a bit smaller than a Canadian apple pie.

z9zv49sm9esi.png

v3h54d1cwy2f.png

• Machka9
    Options
    Machka- That’s my issue hot flashes as I shop! I find a water bottle in my purse ignore every idiot who thinks my huffing y pudding is Grandma having a heart attack while out shopping with great grandparent y a grandkid! Then I go home feeling sick all day long. Exercises trigger it too! So I power through always smell like a boy in gym class! Deodorant can’t handle my sweats!

Amber Tx

For me, exercise (more than just casual walking) is one thing that seems to alleviate the pain, tingling, dizziness and nausea part of the hot flashes.

On Sunday, for example, I spent a blissful 90 minutes working out with none of that!

Machka in Oz
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    😴💤
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,992 Member
    Options
    :)Karen in VA, I'm glad to hear that your partner's surgery was successful and that you are both home safely. Best wishes to both of you through the recovery period.

<3 Barbie
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,729 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

no gym workout today, went to work early
    Kirby got my gym strap working

bike ride hm 2 dome- 11.39min, 14.2amph, 141mhr, 2.74mi= 117c, 1.59mi= 117c
    Apple Watch- 85c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 15.25min, 146mhr, 11.8amph, 3.02mi= 172c
    apple watch- 111c
    walk sta 2 wrk w/backpk- 9.53min, 115mhr, 17.27min mi, .56mi= 32c
    apple watch- 49c
    jog- slow jog wrk 2 sta- 6.04min, 142mhr, 12.01min mi, .50mi= 96c
    apple watch- 89c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 18.17min, 8.2amph, 146mhr, 2.51mi= 236c
    apple watch- 128c

total cal 670
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Machka- Switch bodies with me!! Give you a hundred dollars!

Amber Tx
  • Machka9
    Options
    Never miss a day or it seems you can never catch up...LOL! It's my birthday today! I've been saying I'm 63 for a while...now I really am. I try to fool myself so I don't get upset on the day! I'll try to catch up soon. Have a wonderful day everyone!! <3

Luci in WNC

Happy Birthday!!
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Luci!!! iejo8c2x91c2.png
  • Machka9
    Options
    Running round like a chicken with its head cut off!! I'm finishing up for the year and preparing for punch biopsy of a mole on my leg tomorrow afternoon.

I just picked up a few pair of shorts. We're actually supposed to be getting something that sort of resembles summer weather over the next few days :) and the shorts should be comfy for hanging around the house if walking is painful.

v5zccueab88z.png

Machka in Oz