Are you over 200pds, let's diet together

Options

Replies

• angeloup50
    angeloup50 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    ladycopnh1 wrote: »
    REALLY hard week this week.
    My heart goes out to you and your family. Wishing wisdom on your brother's doctors.

• angeloup50
    Options
    Thank you all your hugs and concerns. I am putting myself back together.

OK......LET'S TALK
    WHAT HAS BEEN YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENTS ?

Oh, my, I've got so many... Quite a few of mine have to do with driving. I've had accidents with parked cars 🙄🤷 and am generally bad at backing up. So don't ask me to back a trailer!

• AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    Well, I'm getting ready to whoosh. I can always tell because (TMI ) my pee gets really acrid and nasty, despite the fact that I drink ridiculous amounts of water. I was down half a pound this morning, and I bet it will be more over the week.
  • angeloup50
    Options
    Weigh in

3/3/20.    206.6
    3/10/20.  205.6

Slow and steady wins the race
  • ladycopnh1
    ladycopnh1 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight: 271
    Total January loss: -9
    Total February loss: -10

Mar. 03: 250
    Mar. 10: 253
    Mar. 17:
    Mar. 24:
    Mar. 31:
    Total March loss:
  • carlydettman
    carlydettman Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello all!! I just got back on the health bandwagon and am ready to change my life for good! I just found this group this morning and would love to join you all!! A few weeks ago I started and weighed in at 241 - by far the heaviest I’ve ever weighed. As of this morning for my weekly weigh in, I am down 9 lbs and weigh 232! Excited to have a community to support. We are in this together! We got this!

Starting weight: 241
    End of 2020 goal weight: 148
    Ultimate goal weight: 126

March 10: 232
  • angeloup50
    Options
    Hello and welcome @carlydettman !

• celticck77
    celticck77 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    So last night I tried to go to bed an hour early. Yeah that did not work. My brain was going crazy. I actually ended up being awake past my normal time. I am thinking smaller bites are the thing. So instead of going to bed at 11pm maybe I try for 10:45. Last night I tried for 10pm... So my plan for the next week is to be in bed by 10:45p. I can do this!
  • ladycopnh1
    Options
    Welcome aboard carlydettman - the more the merrier :p . You are welcome to visit us any time you wish.

celticck77, I know how you feel. I am on Tramadol to sleep at night, either that or a good swig of night quil. If not I'm up with my brain on hyper speed all night long.
  • VeggieMeg71
    VeggieMeg71 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Jan starting weight: 239
    Jan ending weight: 228.5
    Feb ending weight: 219.6
    Mar 05: 218.6
    Mar 12: 216.7
    Options
    Welcome aboard carlydettman - the more the merrier :p . You are welcome to visit us any time you wish.

celticck77, I know how you feel. I am on Tramadol to sleep at night, either that or a good swig of night quil. If not I'm up with my brain on hyper speed all night long.

Re the sleep... I have a friend who uses edibles for that. She's figured out exactly how much fudge with that special butter will just make her want to stop doing things and go to sleep.
    Options
    Well, the thyroid biopsy went well. I now have a one-sided sore throat, and I hope that goes away overnight, as it's annoying. I'll hear towards the end of next week/beginning of the following week as to what they found. If they want to do surgery I will have to talk pointedly to my partners, because we are having severe mental health and addiction issues (which I thought were under control, and clearly are not) and it would be pretty problematic to have surgery right now.
  • celticck77
    Options
    @AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Unfortunately I cannot use anything along the lines of edibles. My job will not allow it. Pistachios are high in natural melatonin, I just never remember to eat some in a time frame that will work.
  • celticck77
    Options
    Woke up yesterday not feeling great, pretty sure it is the regular flu or a cold. I get one every year and I assume this year will be no different. Today I am very tired, was actually in bed by 10pm last night - not asleep until around 11 again... Even with not feeling great. Hoping this weekend I can work on this.
    Calories are staying within - I seem to alternate high and low but still between 1100 and 1400 right now.
    I am also sort of doing a fasting period. I am working on not eating past 8pm - though most of the time it is around 6pm and I do not eat again until around 7am.
    I was taking a weight loss supplement but did not really see a benefit so I have now stopped taking it. And my weight loss is still moving in the right direction.
    Only time will tell for any of it.
    Hope everyone has a good weekend.
    Keep moving forward!
    Options
    I'm noticing that I am feeling more confident and have more mental health "spoons" to deal with stressful situations. I'm slightly autistic, and the trip to the grocery stores took four hours today instead of the usual two. And I was footsore when I got home, because just standing still nukes my standing budget, but....I didn't have a meltdown today. I didn't feel near one in public, and when I got home I was able to fix lunch for us all and eat and be okay. That's very comforting.

We also did some harm reduction work tonight and I was okay with that, which got us through a bit of a crisis. His company is still a jerk, but at least we managed the emotional storm and are both okay.

(They pay every two weeks. THEIR two weeks, not calculated from when you started. So if you start in the middle of a pay period, you have to wait three weeks for your first paycheck.)
  • angeloup50
    Options
    @AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Glad to hear you're seeing more positive benefits! I've experienced similar mental effect!

• angeloup50
    Options
    @celticck77 Hope you feel better soon!! Lots of sniffles, coughs and whatnot at my house well.

Bet you'll see great results from your evening fasts; look forward to hearing about it!
    Options
    And I'm down another pound today. Apparently we're having a whoosh.

Also, the state is going to get pounded by the usual one last winter storm in mid-March, and I have shrunk too much for my coat. The sleeves are past my fingertips.
  • vtkayakgirl
    vtkayakgirl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Temporarily stuck, or a bad week?
    Need to move more, but going to bed hungry most nights (well, "Hangry" according to hubby) and then waking up very early (3:30-4:30am to use the bathroom because of all the water/decaf tee) but being so hungry I can't go back to sleep... makes for a very, very long day, and one tired girl!

Height: 5' 10" Age: 49 yo
    SW: 260
    CW: 247.2
    GW: 175

1/15/20 252 lbs
    1/31/20 251 lbs
    2/4/20 250.6 lbs
    2/5/20 249.8 lbs
    2/23/20 248.8 lbs
    2/26/20 247.8 lbs
    3/3/20 250.2 lbs
    3/5/20 247.2 lbs
    3/10/20 247.2 lbs
  • ladycopnh1
    Options
    Where is everyone ?????

It's only March, we can't give up already !!!
    I would like to make this site fun with games and some interesting question and answer subjects. Is anyone up for that. We don't ALWAYS have to talk about health issues.

I know people are all Corona crazy right now, but we can still use the computer without the fear of catching it.