Are you over 200pds, let's diet together

Replies

• crwhitby
    crwhitby Posts: 1 Member
    Ladycopnh1,

I will join late in the game. I learned of this app when hitting bottom at my own personal disgust in myself. I have only been here for 5 days but plan on staying because I plan to have this attempt at weight loss work. In the past, I was as high as 273lbs and became ill helping me get to a weight of 222 because I was really unable to eat. Since that time, I have had an extraordinary amount of stress at work, as well as shoulder and knee injuries which have really limited my ability to be active as I was to get to the 222 weight. My goal is 165- last seen in the 7th grade. I started this at 237 and now am 231.5. I return to work tomorrow, but will do my best to check in and cheer everyone on this journey.
  • ladycopnh1
    ladycopnh1 Posts: 287 Member
    Thank you crwhitby, it seems 90% of us has gotten lost in the mist. We need to lighten this site up a little, bring some fun and laughter to our little piece of the world, something to take us away for a moment. I would love some help. Maybe:

Joke of the day
    What would you do if......( keeping it non-stress )
    Name games
    etc
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,577 Member
    3/1-249.4
    3/8-249.0
    3/15-249.0
  • celticck77
    celticck77 Posts: 113 Member
    Total February loss: 4 lbs (finished weight 246)

Mar. 2: 243
    Mar. 10: 240
    Mar. 16: 236
    Mar. 24:
    Mar. 31:

seem to be slow and steady right now. But Covid-19 is messing with me. I have to work from home some days now and it means I am less active. It is hard to get up and move around when you are sitting at home. Thankfully my fit bit reminds me, but the space is limited here and 250 steps around the house is a pain. But we will get through this.
    On a lighter note my pants fell down yesterday. Nearly mooned a group of people. @ladycopnh1 you asked for embarrassing... there you go. Brand new jeans are waaaaay to big now! Happy Me!
  • I'm wondering, with some exasperation, when I'll lose enough weight on my upper torso to get my bra to stop having the back strap roll up and dig in. Grr.

Boyfriend says he can really see the difference in my silhouette, and apparently my body is doing Last In First Out, because of the way various bits are shrinking.

I'm really really happy with how it's going. The current situation makes little difference to me, since I stay at home most of the time anyway, but I like it when he works from home because then I can get up at 7 am instead of 6 am. Plus I have the car for errands.
  • carlydettman
    carlydettman Posts: 5 Member
    Weigh in!

Starting weight: 241
    End of 2020 goal weight: 148
    Ultimate goal weight: 126

March 10: 232
    March 17: 229.2
  • angeloup50
    angeloup50 Posts: 54 Member
    Weigh in

Feb loss 10.6 lbs/net 18
    3/3/20.    206.6
    3/10/20.  205.6
    3/17/20   204.0

Staying on track despite all the schedule changes and general craziness! Hope you all are staying healthy and sane.
  • angeloup50
    celticck77 wrote: »
    Total February loss: 4 lbs (finished weight 246)

Mar. 2: 243
    Mar. 10: 240
    Mar. 16: 236

Pretty impressive for March so far. Good for you!!
  • ladycopnh1
    Starting Weight: 271
    Total January loss: -9
    Total February loss: -10

Mar. 03: 250
    Mar. 10: 253
    Mar. 17: 250
    Mar. 24:
    Mar. 31:
    Total March loss:
  • kmiller2350
    kmiller2350 Posts: 43 Member
    Ok, been a steady 1.25 pound loss per week since the new year.

SW: 210.8
    CW: 197.0 as of this a.m.
    Just shy of 14 pounds so far. I'm happy with that. 15 pounds is my next goal, and loving that my clothes fit better.

My boss keeps sharing unhealthy recipes with staff, food is always shared at work, (till Corona virus) and my hubby insists on serving me huge portions, but it's like a light switch was flipped. I am DONE with taking and eating food to be polite. When he nicely cooks for me and serves me too much, I am making a habit of taking my plate back to the scale and measuring each meal.

Hubby is consistently surprised at how far off his guesses are. "Here. This is only about 4 ounces." ... It's closer to 6 oz. Consistently. Or, "You can have a little of this... it won't hurt you." Or, "I added a little of this to your meal. You deserve a treat." I am D.O.N.E. That light switch was flipped and I just can't eat like that. I am so looking forward to fitting into a 16 pants. Maybe next month. New (old) wardrobe, here I come.

More importantly, my blood pressure is steadily low. I want off the meds; perhaps the doctor will OK it soon.

Corona virus/COVID-19 is causing chaos at work, internet is down at home, and now we may be sheltering in place for weeks. So much uncertainty can be stressful. Planning to turn lemons into lemonade and when working from home will take my dogs out to play several times a day.
  • angeloup50
    Ok, been a steady 1.25 pound loss per week since the new year.

SW: 210.8
    CW: 197.0 as of this a.m.
    Just shy of 14 pounds so far. I'm happy with that. 15 pounds is my next goal, and loving that my clothes fit better.

My boss keeps sharing unhealthy recipes with staff, food is always shared at work, (till Corona virus) and my hubby insists on serving me huge portions, but it's like a light switch was flipped. I am DONE with taking and eating food to be polite. When he nicely cooks for me and serves me too much, I am making a habit of taking my plate back to the scale and measuring each meal.

Hubby is consistently surprised at how far off his guesses are. "Here. This is only about 4 ounces." ... It's closer to 6 oz. Consistently. Or, "You can have a little of this... it won't hurt you." Or, "I added a little of this to your meal. You deserve a treat." I am D.O.N.E. That light switch was flipped and I just can't eat like that. I am so looking forward to fitting into a 16 pants. Maybe next month. New (old) wardrobe, here I come.

More importantly, my blood pressure is steadily low. I want off the meds; perhaps the doctor will OK it soon.

Corona virus/COVID-19 is causing chaos at work, internet is down at home, and now we may be sheltering in place for weeks. So much uncertainty can be stressful. Planning to turn lemons into lemonade and when working from home will take my dogs out to play several times a day.

Happy for you!
  • Well, we may have a house, if it passes home inspection. I am not going to fall in love with it until then because I don't want to buy a money pit.
  • vtkayakgirl
    vtkayakgirl Posts: 11 Member
    Height: 5' 10" Age: 49 yo
    SW: 260
    CW: 246.6
    GW: 175

3/3/20 250.2 lbs
    3/10/20 247.2 lbs
    3/17/20 246.6 lbs
    3/24/20
    3/31/20

Plugging away, adopted more of a keto-ish style of eating, cooking 3 meals a day since my hubby is working from home now due to COVID-19. More walks around the neighborhood keeping our 6' from neighbors and such. We are both trying to eat much less carbs and low sugar... though I had a slip today and ate 5 Hersey kisses... they didn't even taste that good to me... not sure why after the 1st one, I ate an additional 4?!?!

It's hard to watch my hubby drop weight so easily while I struggle to shed the pounds.
  • VeggieMeg71
    VeggieMeg71 Posts: 205 Member
    Not only have I fallen off the wagon, I think it has run me over. I have been eating like crap and haven't tracked my food consistently for the last week. It hasn't had a totally negative effect on my weight, which I will post in a bit, but I need to get into a routine. I just had my first day of working from home, and it was terrible. I am totally disorganized and inefficient here. I spent half the day on the phone with IT trying to get connected to the work server and then it seems like the other half was troubleshooting things with all of my colleagues. I really cannot believe all of this is happening. It's like living in a movie. Nonetheless, my point is that this is all taking a huge toll on my routine and I need to get it figured out. I know I need to plan my breakfast, lunch, and snacks just like I do when I actually GO to work, and I need to quit working at my regular time, but it's so hard when your work has moved into your living room! I know it will just take some time with trial and error to get adapted, but I just needed to rant about it for a while. It will all be ok. Deep breath. :neutral:
  • VeggieMeg71
    Jan starting weight: 239
    Jan ending weight: 228.5
    Feb ending weight: 219.6
    Mar 05: 218.6
    Mar 12: 216.7
    March 19: 216.2

I've eaten out several times this week (every time thinking it will be my last chance), including pie, cookies, donuts, french fries, pizza, and onion rings, and managed to lose half a pound instead of gaining 5. There must be some kind of divine intervention going on. Ha ha ha! Wish me luck for the next week!
  • celticck77
    celticck77 Posts: 113 Member
    Not only have I fallen off the wagon, I think it has run me over. I have been eating like crap and haven't tracked my food consistently for the last week. It hasn't had a totally negative effect on my weight, which I will post in a bit, but I need to get into a routine. I just had my first day of working from home, and it was terrible. I am totally disorganized and inefficient here. I spent half the day on the phone with IT trying to get connected to the work server and then it seems like the other half was troubleshooting things with all of my colleagues. I really cannot believe all of this is happening. It's like living in a movie. Nonetheless, my point is that this is all taking a huge toll on my routine and I need to get it figured out. I know I need to plan my breakfast, lunch, and snacks just like I do when I actually GO to work, and I need to quit working at my regular time, but it's so hard when your work has moved into your living room! I know it will just take some time with trial and error to get adapted, but I just needed to rant about it for a while. It will all be ok. Deep breath. :neutral:

I feel your pain. I have had to start working from home most of the week and my eating went right out the window. Plus I am less active. Even when I fit in a workout - I am used to getting up and moving a bit now I am stuck sitting at my desk at home. No one to get up and see to ask questions. We can do this. Start from today and just like any other time - make one good food choice. Yesterday I stopped scavenging through my pantry and grabbed carrots. So for the second half of my day I did good. Hope things calm down a bit for you soon.
  • VeggieMeg71
    celticck77 wrote: »

I feel your pain. I have had to start working from home most of the week and my eating went right out the window. Plus I am less active. Even when I fit in a workout - I am used to getting up and moving a bit now I am stuck sitting at my desk at home. No one to get up and see to ask questions. We can do this. Start from today and just like any other time - make one good food choice. Yesterday I stopped scavenging through my pantry and grabbed carrots. So for the second half of my day I did good. Hope things calm down a bit for you soon.

Thanks. I know a lot of people are going through this right now, but every day is a new day with new choices. I got up this morning and walked on my treadmill for 45 minutes before my "work day" started. I think I'm going to reactivate the feature on my fitbit that reminds you to move. Or, actually, now that I'm at home, I suppose Alexa could do that for me. She's my only company during the day, so I should make the most of her! :smiley:
  • ladycopnh1
    kmiller - stick to your roots. weigh your food and put your foot down with hubby. Don't give up on him, he'll catch on. He may be afraid that your diet will start effecting him some how.

Alexandra - can I pre-congratulate you on your house ? I am on the other end of the spectrum. My 2 brothers and I are in the process of selling my parents house, our homestead, a depressing time. Good thing is that the homestead is 14 acres in a "prime" spot. we have a lot of people wanting to see the house and we having put it up for sale yet. we are still dealing with the lawyer, sales agents and trying to nail down a sales price. Say nothing about cleaning it out. THAT is gonna be awhile, my father was a packrat.

vtkayakgirl - I know what your talking about with the kisses, that's what my husband lives on. My husband's diet consists of diet Pepsi ( 4-2 liter bottles a day ), chips, kisses, caramels and cigarettes. Two days ago I had a craving for some kisses and snuck a couple from the bag and like yourself, the 1st one didn't taste all that great but I had 3-4 more just to make sure. Last night I did it again. I gotta get out of that habit REAL quick. With what my husband lives on, he hasn't gained one ounce.

stella - Hang in there, your doing great. maintaining is a huge deal. I wish I could learn to do that.

Ya, this Corona scare is something else. It's like something out of the book of Revelations. But look at it this way, it's something your kids can tell there kids. I remember when......., It's only 29 degrees here today so my going outside will be limited today. Good day to make me some home made hand sanitizer ( seeing as how you can't buy it ANYWHERE ). I really have to watch out cuz my husband's immune system is totally shot.
  • ladycopnh1
    JUST FOR FUN.......
    How many dog breeds can you name ?
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,577 Member
    3/1-249.4
    3/8-249.0
    3/15-249.0
    3/22-248.8