Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,064 Member

My goal today is to stick to my allowance. I want to eat all of the food, and am really struggling, but I know it's just period insanity and that weigh-in day is tomorrow, and I just have to ride out the crazy hormones.

I find myself pre-logging meals in advance, then looking at the future meals and wondering if I can eat more now, by making that portion that tiny bit smaller... I hope I leave myself some calories for dinner at this rate! ;)

@littleblackskirt I'm on 1,200 calories, but I'm really short and right now, I move about as much as a coma patient, no lie. Back when I lived in the world of normal people, I could have lost the same amount of weight at about 1,600 calories. The amount of normal walking you do each day (or don't!) has a massive impact.

@the last nightingale, that's interesting that you are also on 1200. I don't consider myself as short or petite, I'm 5'5" tall. Are you managing to lose weight when you can't move around?

I totally get what you mean about leaving enough calories for dinner, if I snack during the day I have hardly any left for dinner. It's depressing to log breakfast, and some extra calories for milk in my tea and coffee, and see I only have around 850 left for the rest of the day. It's strict isn't it?

Keep going and overcome your hormones :) It's my weigh in day tomorrow as well.

I purposely eat very low calorie breakfast and lunch to give myself higher calories for dinner lol! Which can be a pain tbh but, if I exercise then I see it as ive earned myself a snack lmao
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    JFT - Monday July 13
    1 Litre of Water - :)
    Log all Food - :)
    No chips - >:)
    Gratitude Journal - :)

JFT - Tuesday July 14
    1 Litre of Water
    Log all Food
    No chips
    Gratitude Journal

@littleblackskirt - I have upped mine in the past and seemed to have lost and right now I'm losing a few ounces each day, but eating just a bit above 1200 calories a day. I am 5'5", and mark myself as sedentary because I don't get much movement in unless I get a walk in that day. It is such a delicate balance losing weight, for me it is harder than quitting smoking was.

@PackerFanInGB - Hugs to you, I don't have any profound words of wisdom, but I hope you find some peace soon in whatever you decide.

@HEGoddard0928 - Blogging sounds like fun, I hope you learn lots

Well it has taken me almost an hour and a half to get this little bit typed up. I have a lot to get done at work today because I'm off after today until next Wednesday. Woohoo!

• suzij27
    suzij27 Posts: 199 Member
    @Snowflake1968 You always seem to know the right things to say. ☺️ Somedays it is the little things that drive me batty - menu planning, socks on the floor, dirty dishes in the sink! But for today, I know what I’m making for dinner. 😇

@SERmom3 You are doing awesome on your chip challenge! Way to go keeping your mouth shut last night. 😋

I got a book from the library called Willpower: Rediscovering the Greatest Human Strength. It has a lot of research cited in it as well as some anecdotes. What I’ve gotten out of it a so far is that 1) it is difficult to maintain willpower if you are trying to control too many things. Hence why the chip challenge is working (for example) because the focus is on one thing. 2) if your glucose level is low, it is hard to keep your focus. So, don’t allow myself to get too depleted, especially before an activity that requires concentration. Note: I don’t believe in willpower of the white knuckle variety. I’m interpreting willpower as getting myself to do what I really want to do.

JFT from Monday - all items completed

JFT - Tuesday 7/14
    1) log all food/stay in the green
    2) exercise - cardio
    3) clean and prep fruits and veggies (the ones I can)
    4) menu plan dinners through Friday and post them on the fridge
    5) write in my journal
  • fairy_daisy
    fairy_daisy Posts: 247 Member
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Sorry if there's any guys on here.. but for the women..

Why do periods make me such a cow lmao

I've literally hated everything today. No not even hate, loathed. Even someone's sticker that they had on the car made me think they were just and effing idiot?

And then we went to get some clothes for the girls cause we had a build up of birthday vouchers, and it didn't add up right at the till so I just effing walked off lmao let ash deal with it
    Which he was annoyed about

Then I get all p!$sy with him then?

Logic? There is non.

Oh @Bex953172 I read this and laughed (sorry!) because I had one of those days too and I don’t even have my period at the moment as an excuse! Hope tomorrow’s better for you. Some people’s car stickers are stupid though!

I spent hours on the phone to my bank about some random cheque (?!) that left my account that I didn’t recognise and they kept transferring me to different departments which couldn’t help. Then I got cut off... Probably a good thing because I could hear myself getting really cross at people who couldn’t help it. Went for a walk and ranted at a friend instead....

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,058 Member
    💜💜💜
    I choose to feed my body the nutrition it needs and feed my mind with the quality thoughts it deserves
    💜💜💜

⛱🎡🎢🎠🏕 JULY 🏕🎠🎢🏕⛱

To all those essential workers still going out there....
    🙏🏻 Thank you for your service 🙏🏻
    Everyone else, please stay home!!!

What am I doing to keep busy? To name a few...
      [*] working on a Memories Project for my grandson
      [*] structuring my day
      [*] morning and evening meditation
      [*] Using the internet to ‘talk’ to family
      [*] crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
      [*] HIIT videos off YouTube,
      [*] yoga/Taichi
      [*] Walks with DH
      [*] Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! 😂
      [*] Decluttering
      [*] Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)
      Keep your chin up!
      Turning up is the ultimate success!
      2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:01 Aug 2019: 170.1
      31 Dec 2019: 151.2
      Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
      2020 Personal Weight Challenge
      Name: Terri

SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
      GW: 150

Jan: - 2
      Feb: - 1.3
      Mar: - 0.9
      Apri: +1.3 (not too bad, considering lockdown/Easter/Birthday this month)
      May: +0.7(working on upping my strength to,tone muscles, sonot unexpected. It's a balancing act! 😂)
      Jun: 0.2

JFTDCC

July Daily Goals: Week 3
      Su: ✅ Mo: ✅ Tu: ✅ We:
      Th: Fr: Sa:
      Working on strength/stamina: Very happy with the results of my efforts since the middle of June. I can work on the resultant weight gain. All my stats are in the normal range for my age/height.
      Reduce Fat%:✅ 29.3 -> 27.1
      Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7 -> 30.1
      Calories < in the green 🐝
      Steps > 7500 🐝 9554+
      Weight < 155 🐝
      Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily🐝 109
      Active hours > 6 daily🐝 8
      Activities I got to do
      Meditation✅ walk/jog✅
      Make new mask✅
      Laundry fold/stow ✅
      Plan Grocery shop for tomorrow ✅
      Dog-sit/Play with DYD’s dog ✅
      watch TV✅ Puzzles✅

• toaljasa
      toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
      mytime6630 wrote: »
      I have been walking almost everyday since hubby started radiation... to me, it is my "therapy" time. I am up to walking 6 miles at a time. I used to be exhausted if I walked 4! Yesterday, I walked 7 miles with a friend .. keeping the social distance. Then I came home and mowed our yard.. which takes me another 2 hours. So I am feeling good that what used to exhaust me, I can easily do now .. and in this heat!! I walk in the mornings or after dinner when it is cool. And.. my weight is coming back down ... at 180.4. So just 2 more pounds and I will be at 178... now to get to my goal of 175.

Hubby has only 3 more radiation treatments. @Snowflake_24 -- you were asking how often he goes. He goes everyday, Monday thru Friday. He is to have 45 treatments, plus he is on hormone therapy. It has not been as hard as he thought, and he is happy to be almost finished.Then its just the waiting 6 weeks, and they said his psa numbers should be under 1 ... so keeping our fingers crossed!

Did not get out for my walk this morning, but hoping to maybe take my bike out. It is hot, but the humidity is not nearly as bad.

SO JFT, Sat
      1. log all food --- I've been terrible at logging my food.I got out of the habit, and its hard to remember
      2. go for either a walk or bike ride. Not doing as much today, as I did quite a bit yesterday
      3. find new recipes... plan meals
      4. get back on here.. be accountable.

You are inspiring me to not give up!!!! Go Joan!
    • Kuhl50
      Kuhl50 Posts: 416 Member
      Daily habits: track, exercise, journal
      Tuesday Action Plan
      1. Up at 6:15, pill, timer, weigh😀
      2. Pets, pill😀
      3. On camera 0655😀
      4. Breakfast = yogurt + Kashi😀
      5. Weights 11:30😀
      6. Lunch = salad + protein😀
      7. Walk after work😀
      8. Dinner = lemongrass chicken + cauliflower rice👿—worked very late, left over soup at 9:30 instead
      9. Treat at 0830: on a plate, me in chair 👿—more like 10pm...
      10. Upstairs by 9👿
      11. Layout clothes😀
      12. Plan workout time for Wednesday 😀
      13. Journal😀
      14. Meditate👿
      15. Lights out 9:45👿

Daily habits: track, exercise, journal
      Wednesday Action Plan
      1. Up at 6:45, pill, timer, weigh
      2. Pets, pill
      3. On camera 0755
      4. Breakfast = yogurt + Kashi
      5. Lunch = salad + protein @1pm
      6. Walk at noon else after work
      7. Dinner = lemongrass chicken + cauliflower rice @7pm
      8. Treat at 8:30pm: on a plate, me in chair
      9. Upstairs by 9
      10. Layout clothes
      11. Plan workout time for Thursday
      12. Journal
      13. Meditate
      14. Lights out 9:45

July personal challenge
      Bicep emoji if I got in at least 1 push-up; Yoga figure if I set my intention before eating
      July 14: 💪🧘

GRATITUDE: I am grateful for the mindset that I can start over after messing up.

WOTY: Habits
    • SERmom3
      SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
      TUESDAY:
      - Log it all 🟢/ Stay green🟢
      - Exercise🔴
      - Practice music🟢
      - Pick up car from shop🟢
      - No chips! 🟢
      - Dishes🟢 / Laundry 🟢/ dining room🟢

I’ve really fallen out of habit of my normal exercise over the past couple of weeks. I had been doing so much landscaping and digging with the fence project, that I was burning plenty of calories, but now that the project is done, I need to get back to my normal walking/lifting routine.

JFT WEDNESDAY:
      - log everything / stay green
      - Exercise
      - Practice music
      - S’s softball game
      - Keep up with housework
      - No chips!

JULY CHALLENGE:
      In an attempt to refocus this month, I’ve decided to try and give up chips. This will be extremely difficult. I eat them almost daily. They are my weakness. I’m using a bikini as my emoji, since that will be a goal for next summer!

*************NO CHIP CHALLENGE*************

July 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14
      👙👙👙👙👙👙👙👙👙👙👙👙👙👙
    • SERmom3
      SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
      @Bex953172 - Thanks for the support!

I do think it’s getting easier. I had such bad habits...every time I would open a bag of chips for the kids, I would take one or two. If I made tacos, I would use tortilla chips to scoop some out while I was cooking. All these little extra bites plus I would eat chips even if I had a salad! I love the crunch! It’s been much easier to stay in my calorie goal without them. One ounce of chips is about 150calories. That’s more than 10% of my daily cals!

The other great thing, is that this one good decision has led to other good decisions. I didn’t want to inadvertently replace chips with some other salty snack, so I really haven’t had any crackers or any “snack” food (except one bag of SmartPop and a graham cracker for a s’more). My body appreciates the reduced salt intake and I’m seeing the scale drop every week.

I’m not sure what I’ll do when the month is over. It might depend on the scale. I’m super close to my original goal and then may want to drop another 5-10. Every bite counts at this point. I also love a streak. If I’m able to resist chips for the whole month, I might keep going. Not sure yet.

Thank for the support! 😘
    • TerriRichardson112
      TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,058 Member
      @SERmom3 Bravo! This is a new habit you are forming. Hopefully you will continue with it at the end of the 30 days. Your body will thank you for it.
    • cesse47
      cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
      JULY GOALS ---
      (1) Log all food and beverages honestly; Drink 10+ water -- MEASURE IT!!
      (2) Exercise 30 min minimum (3000 steps)
      (3) Clean 30 min per day: house or yard or declutter

TASKS FOR TODAY ---
      Do 20 min stretches and 30 min of walking
      Feed & Water animals -- done
      Water outside plants
      Groceries -- shop, unload at home, sanitize, put away
      Clean Kitchen -- dishes, vacuum, mop floor

Basically, today is dedicated to groceries. Usually have delivered but have a large number of coupons so need to do shopping myself. They don't do coupons for delivered goods. Also, because I was laid-up for a week, I really need to clean the kitchen. So, will do that first, then get groceries.

Have a great day Y'all !! 🌞
    • pridesabtch
      pridesabtch Posts: 2,312 Member

JFT Tuesday
      - Weigh in :smiley: down 0.4, and back to where I was on Sunday
      - Work by 8:00 :smiley:
      - Protein bar for breakfast :smiley:
      - Be kind to myself :smiley:
      - Work on getting quote corrected for new equipment :smiley:
      - Ride :smiley:
      - Dentist :smiley:
      - No cookies or candy :smiley: Close call yesterday... I really wanted one of the mini Hershey bars that are in the fridge.
      - No alcohol :smiley:
      - Log everything :smiley:
      - Stay green :smiley:
      - bed by 12:00 :smiley:

Dentist went well no cavities. I went for a ride afterwards on the paved trail. My speed is slowly increasing, I averaged 16.4 mph yesterday for 20 miles. Pretty good for me right now. Tummy wasn't feeling great yesterday, so my calories were quite low. Up side is I saw a huge loss this morning. Down side, I know it is a false low. Oh well, still nice to see, but I seriously doubt I've lost 4.2 pounds in 10 days.

JFT Wednesday
      - Weigh :smiley:
      - Work on answering emails
      - Breakfast hubby is making blueberry pancakes with the fresh berries my friend brought me from her garden. Not something I eat all the time, but a special treat for today.
      - Exercise, probably a 3-4 mile walk if I'm feeling better
      - Log everything
      - Stay green
      - No cookies or candy
      - No alcohol
      - Bed by 12:00

Have a great day y'all!
    • cesse47
      cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
      @Snowflake1968 Hope you have a wonderful week off!!

@PackerFanInGB I don't remember what your job was but is it something you could do from home? Is your skill set such that you could start your own business? My friend checked into services she could offer to businesses as a "consultant" working out of her home. They saved the overhead costs of an employee; my friend was able to support herself. With the pandemic, it's doubly hard I'm sure. Hang in There!!