Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Options

Replies

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Review plans.
    2. Grading: Book reports, classwork; unfinished research essays and poetry projects.
    3. Write and publish a blog post.
    4. Fitness class.
    5. Run - 5 miles.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Read. Update Goodreads. Yoga with core/balance work. Email B. Email student. Message Z.
    8. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    9. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of January: 194.6
    End of February: 196.2
    Today: 197.0

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Apr 30 8 AM but check on meetings and RS. Onco Apr ???. PCP Schedule for July. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: 1984.
    8. House: Crawl space repairs. After that - siding? Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy new bikes and bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Find cousin photos.

WFTY: Progress. We bought our bikes and rode them home from the bike shop! It was about a 5-mile ride, and it wasn't challenging. (For me, anyhow - I think the husband found it a little tough!)

I have so much grading to do and it's taking for freaking ever. :(
  • Kuhl50
    Kuhl50 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Daily habits: track, 😀exercise, 😀journal😀
    Monday Action Plan
    1. Wake 0615, pill, run app—W6D2, yoga, pill😁—actually I slept in because lit was raining hard, but I was very proud that I made space in my schedule and got in my run at lunch when the rain broke. Didn’t do yoga, though. 🙁
    2. Strain stock and refrigerate😀
    3. Put Apple in fridge and water bottle at desk😀
    4. Healthy breakfast at desk😀
    5. Prepped salad for lunch + protein shake😀
    6. Birthday card for DD🤨—she doesn’t want visitors right now
    7. Wash and hang darks 😀
    8. Upstairs by 9, journal, lights out 9:30🤞

Hi everyone. I hope you are all weathering well-enough this conversion to a (temporary I hope!) new normal. I know my first day working at home when I knew that I *couldnt* go in was much harder to take than when working from home was a nice indulgence.

We just got the CA “shelter in place” directive, but luckily my workplace was classified “essential” so if I absolutely need to go in I can show my badge to any law enforcement officer if they actually try to enforce this directive. But it is a very weird feeling.

However...I did eat on track and even better, when I skipped my morning run due to rain I still managed to carve time into my day and go at lunch during a brief dry spell. Was so proud of myself for that!

Happy St Patrick’s Day to those who celebrate! My slow cooker is out and prepped to make corned beef and cabbage for tomorrow.

Tomorrow...!

Daily habits: track, exercise, journal
    Tuesday Action Plan
    1. Wake 0545, pill, walk +squats + dumbbell row, yoga, pill
    2. Prep the corned beef in slow cooker
    3. Put Apple in fridge and water bottle at desk
    4. On computer, video ready at 0745
    5. Take Sudafed
    6. Healthy breakfast at desk
    7. Prepped salad for lunch + protein shake
    8. Prep salads for next 2 lunches
    9. Upstairs by 9, journal, lights out 9:30
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Monday 16 March

Log :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Water >:)
    Fitbit exercise goals :)

@TerriRichardson112 a ☘️Please.
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Tuesday 17 March

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning, and happy bday Bex!

@TerriRichardson112 shall we start an Easter challenge tomorrow? How about 🐰 lol

Great job everyone on the shamrock challenge!!

Yesterday 3/16:

1. Log all food😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😁
    3. Go for walk😁
    4. Finish work at 5:20😔
    5. Cook dinner😁

JFT 3/17:

1. Log all food
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Go for walk
    4. Finish work at 5:20
    5. Do workout
  • kathsk53
    kathsk53 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Morning all, just been listening to the news (uk) looks like we will be in lockdown soon, have decided to use this time to be constructive, going to spend time each day doing something different, so going to give embroidery a go got the stuff ages ago and never started, also back to piano practice, took lessons a while back but gave up.

Going to walk the dog away from people.

Log food

Try to keep moving, if weathers good get out into the garden, needs a good tidy.

Keep a sense of humour and not kill hubby.

Stay safe everyone
  • teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Monday goals met

Tuesday goals (all met)
    Get tax papers in
    Zwift group ride
    P90
    500 in green
    Make nice dinner
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Hi all

Day 2 of working from home for me. It's funny, I do normally work from home one or two days a week but it does feel different when it's enforced. I do feel grateful to be able to work from home though, and feel for those of you that are having to keep going in even though you don't feel comfortable with that. I feel like employers are going to have to get with the program soon; restrictions are going to keep getting stronger.

I feel like I'm struggling with anxiety a little bit. I don't normally get bad anxiety but I guess this is an unusual situation. I find myself struggling to breathe a little from time to time. It feels like my body is responding to anxiety I'm feeling that I'm not always even conscious of. I went to a bookshop this lunchtime and I didn't even really go near anyone but when I got back I felt like I was really short of breath. I feel like I may be subconsciously holding my breath while I'm out and about for fear of breathing in or something??? It's all a bit odd.

I'm trying to make sure I look after myself - get out of the house to go for walks, have baths, etc. Hopefully in a few days I'll get used to the 'new normal' and my body will settle down a bit.

The good news is that the person in my company who had symptoms is now in full health so they don't think it was coronavirus! However, we are all now working from home for the foreseeable future - and who knows how long that is. The prospect of a long period of isolation is pretty unnerving, without seeing friends and family, is a bit unnerving. Having said that, technology is a great enabler - and me and my friends are already talking about having a virtual hangout this Saturday (with wine)! You never know, we might find new and cool ways to interact with each other that we want to do in future as well! A virtual hangout means we can include the people with kids and also the people in different time zones - we are thinking on Sat we might get attendance from different cities in the UK plus Australia, the US, the Netherlands and Sweden!

Anyway, in terms of goals for today, keeping it simple:
    - Track all food
    - Be in or near to green
    - Read flat contract - get it signed and into the estate agency before they close too!
    - Order wine delivery (if I'm going to be isolated, I'm going to enjoy it....)
    - Continue not to kill boyfriend
    - Get out of house, either for drink (very quiet pub across the road) or for walk

@Bex953172 The food situation is really difficult. We got an email from Sainsbury's which they sent to all their customers asking people not to stockpile because it means that not everyone can get everything they need when they need it. Hopefully the panic will subside in a few days and it will be easier to get things again. In the meantime, your plan of going early in the morning is probably a good one. I went early on Saturday morning and they had most things. Following that experience, I booked an online delivery slot - if you book enough ahead (which actually seems to be necessary at the moment, the slots are booking up much more than normal) or go for an inconvenient slot the delivery fee is very small. Time will tell as to whether they end up delivering what I've ordered or whether they will find themselves all out that day......
  • osier5
    osier5 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    3/16
    1. Yoga - yes
    2. Pretrack - no
    3. A walk - no

My eating has been CRAZY! I had a great plan to deal with eating on vacation but since we had to cancel, it has been a food free for all. Trying to dial it back in today.

3/17
    1. Yoga
    2. Stay within calories
    3. Run 5 miles
    4. Walk Penny to spring
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    @bex953172. Happy Birthday.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,093 Member
    edited March 2020