Yoga with Adriene fans

Options

Replies

• ellyseb1
    ellyseb1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Couldn't do the breathing exercise in day 8 because of a stuffy nose. How did it feel? Liked day 9 tree pose!
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Finished Day 7 today. Felt great!
  • 406MamaBear
    406MamaBear Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Short & sweet Day 11 in the books!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    ellyseb1 wrote: »
    Couldn't do the breathing exercise in day 8 because of a stuffy nose. How did it feel? Liked day 9 tree pose!

Same. I could only breathe on one side, so just went back to alternating mouth/nose.
    Day 11 done! I'm enjoying doing the practice after dinner to unwind after a busy day.
  • DancingMoosie
    Options
    I am surprised at how much I am enjoying this journey and taking the time each evening to breathe out the day. Balancing in crow today was so cool!
  • 406MamaBear
    Options
    Really enjoyed the “Reset” video in today’s practice!
  • alexandramosenson
    alexandramosenson Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 27 of Breath but I am looking forward to doing her Move playlist. My father went to the doc bc he has shoulder mobility issues and nerve issues (tingling in fingers). I suggested nerve flossing and have been asking him to try yoga for over a year! The doc said "do you know adriene...." AND BENGY.
  • ggeise14
    Options
    Finished Day 14 today and it felt good.
    Day 13 was definitely challenging for me. Either that or because I did it at the end of the day vs the beginning which is my normal time?!
  • bigblues11
    bigblues11 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I love Yoga with Adriene! I wake up most mornings with her! It really sets a positive tone to the day for me :)
  • PixieKazza
    PixieKazza Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hello, hope you don't mind me joining in. I'm a couple of days behind (UK) so finished Day 17 of Move today. I've been dipping in and out of YWA over the last couple of years as motivation comes and goes. I'm finding the shorter workouts in Move perfect to do before work, no excuses!

The thing I struggle with is tight forearms, so lots of time in plank and DD really aches :-( Also - if you can do Crow that's amazing!! I can't!
  • DancingMoosie
    edited January 2022
    Options
    PixieKazza wrote: »
    Hello, hope you don't mind me joining in. I'm a couple of days behind (UK) so finished Day 17 of Move today. I've been dipping in and out of YWA over the last couple of years as motivation comes and goes. I'm finding the shorter workouts in Move perfect to do before work, no excuses!

The thing I struggle with is tight forearms, so lots of time in plank and DD really aches :-( Also - if you can do Crow that's amazing!! I can't!

What I tell myself when I struggle with a difficult exercise is that the more I do it, the easier it gets. I would like to learn more poses. Crow is cool, it's just about finding the right placement...I think it helps that I'm rather small.
  • ellyseb1
    ellyseb1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I'm still doing it, but 1 day behind because of time zones. I'm really starting to like doing it in the morning. It wakes me up and I feel like I've already accomplished something even before I get to work.

I have never been able to do crow! I think half is lacking strength and half is fear that I'll faceplant. I know she keeps talking about not being afraid to fall... more work to do there.
  • PixieKazza
    Options
    I'm small too! I think I struggle with Crow because putting too much weight on my hands hurts my wrists :-( Enjoyed today's YWA before work, Day 18 - a shock at 30 mins 🤣 Definitely wakes me up and if I have time motivates me to do a quick HIT/cardio or weights session.
  • DancingMoosie
    Options
    I am doing it after dinner to wind down from the day. I prefer cardio to wake up.
  • 406MamaBear
    Options
    I really struggled with today’s “Soften” practice. I loved yesterday, but today was a whole other beast. Overall, Move has been one of the best 30 day series I’ve done with YWA! What do you think?
  • DancingMoosie
    Options
    I am enjoying it. Today's practice won't happen for me until around 6:30-7pm. Does anyone know if she will do another journey after this one?
  • PixieKazza
    Options
    I'm one day behind now as I got two 'sessions' in on Sunday, one in the morning and the 12 mins owchy abs one later on. I'm enjoying it! Presuming Adriene will go back to monthly curated playlists with a theme from Feb?
    My arms and core feel stronger and I haven't been doing weights this month so it must be doing something :-) Hopefully you folk are feeling it's working?
  • DancingMoosie
    Options
    I had always said I "should" do more yoga...but this gave me the opportunity to try it in a new way, open my mind, and really just experience each practice for what it is. I was always looking for a quicker paced flow. This is almost a lesson in relaxation and opening the mind, body, spirit.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,042 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am loving YWA. I do it three times a week and usually stay on the same video for the week, plus I'm back in the 2015 January 30 day series, so my timing is unique. This is the first time I tried yoga with a video on my phone in the basement, and I am thrilled that it works great! I attended classes before so I know some poses, so that helps. I am amazed that I can follow her so well without a big screen. Great to see she has lots of fans here.

Annie
  • ggeise14
    Options
    I made it through days 19 and 20 this a.m. I'm really liking it this year. Frequent abs focus, etc. Feels good!