Yoga with Adriene fans

Options

Replies

• 406MamaBear
    406MamaBear Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure my flow didn’t look much like Adriene’s, but I was so jacked to be rocking a new outfit that I didn’t really care. It got me through the ab work!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I'm really wondering what to do next...
    Will she do another 30 day journey? Will the practices be under 30 min? Should I follow someone else?
    I'm just surprised how much I have enjoyed this and made it a part of my routine.
  • PixieKazza
    PixieKazza Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I struggled with the Horizon (?) asana today, I was all over the place 😂 I went to a proper yoga class this week for the first time in years and pleased to say I enjoyed it :-) I'm hoping the next playlist is around 30mins per day. I find it much easier to fit into my day before work.
  • 406MamaBear
    Options
    @DancingMoosie - I’m glad you love it so much! She has past 30 Day Journey calendars you can follow on YouTube. She’ll post another in Feb, but I think she only does the live ones every Jan. @PixieKazza - Yeah, no way was I getting that horizon pose!
  • PixieKazza
    Options
    Last day of Move tomorrow :'( Will anyone be doing 'Blossom'?
  • 406MamaBear
    Options
    I did start Blossom today, and I did another balance yoga video. I had never done a walk with Leslie Sansone on YT before today. It’s too icy out for a walk, but it was an alright option.
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I did Day 27 today and it was a definite workout! Feels good to get through them :smile:

I have a few Leslie Sansone dvd's for the winter that I rotate through. Helps me get my steps in for the day.
  • DancingMoosie
    Options
    Yes, I did the first Blossom video plus a 20 min sun salutations 5 A's and 5 B's from Travis Eliot. I like growwithjo for walking workouts!
  • PixieKazza
    Options
    I've never tried a walking workout - do you walk on the spot? I did the 1st Blossom workout today! Was a nice start to the day :-)
  • 406MamaBear
    Options
    Thanks for posting those links, @DancingMoosie! I peeked at them & liked what I saw.
  • DancingMoosie
    Options
    Is anyone following the Blossom playlist? I've done the first 2. Not sure if I am going to continue daily, but I do want at least 3, 5 days would be fine.
  • 406MamaBear
    Options
    I’m doing Blossom. Tomorrow’s flow looks more like something from Move, so I’m excited for that.
  • PixieKazza
    Options
    I'm doing Blossom, but will switch a couple of days so I can fit the longer workouts in on the weekend. I did the Heart Chakra one today. I want to do the more dynamic workouts to keep the strength work going following on from Move! I will try and do yoga every day. I know I can. It's an exercise I enjoy and feel the benefit from, which gives me more motivation to do it :-)
  • DancingMoosie
    Options
    PixieKazza wrote: »
    I'm doing Blossom, but will switch a couple of days so I can fit the longer workouts in on the weekend. I did the Heart Chakra one today. I want to do the more dynamic workouts to keep the strength work going following on from Move! I will try and do yoga every day. I know I can. It's an exercise I enjoy and feel the benefit from, which gives me more motivation to do it :-)

I agree. Please share the practices you find that suit your goals, I'd love to try them!
  • PixieKazza
    Options
    So this morning I did the 'weight loss' 35 min workout. I'm not sure I'd drop a lot of weight doing yoga, I would rather get stronger and more flexible! I did an hour studio yoga class in the week and my Fitbit reckoned I used 89 cals. I used more calories walking there and back 😂 Does anyone remember Geri Spice and Madonna banging on about Ashtanga yoga years ago for weight loss?
    I have some Teams meetings at work where we listen in to the bosses telling us 'stuff', so I might try a walking youtube vid from one of @DancingMoosie's list in the background.
  • 406MamaBear
    Options
    I liked today’s Blossom, but I had to modify the vinyasa flows because an old shoulder injury decided to creep back in. I agree with the daily practice being sustainable and enjoyable!
  • PixieKazza
    Options
    I did a Grow With Jo walking workout today while in a 'listening' meeting (where I don't have to participate so camera off and on mute). An extra 90 cals and 2000 steps! Great idea, thank you! Might try it wearing trakkie bottoms next time, jeans not very practical.

This morning's YWA I did the 15min 'hands free' as I was reluctant to get going this morning. Thought 15 mins was better than nothing :-)

How's everyone else doing this month?
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I am continuing with daily a.m. yoga, even if some sessions are short and sweet! I also like yoga with Kassandra since she has a number of 10-15 min sessions that work when combined with Fitness Blender or walking workouts.
  • DancingMoosie
    Options
    I did the 50 min practice yesterday and am looking forward to her premier today.