February 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options

To Madison, the OBVIOUS solution, like duh, is to just replace the people that she had difficulty interacting with .....

I walked off jobs for just that reason, but yeah, that was not the best plan. Ended up homeless briefly. Probably should teach her better coping skills. :)
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,392 Member
    Options
    @RunsOnEspresso it doesn’t show that i have any messages ?!??

@Camaramandy648 and @runsonespresso - I have had it where you couldn't send a message to someone who wasn't a connect MFP friend. But then I was able to send a message to @HonuNui one time and we weren't but I think that is the way it works now.

@juliet3455 - thanks! She was a friend of @rusgolden. All good!

@Scott6255 - Yay for breaking the weekend only streak!
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @RunsOnEspresso it doesn’t show that i have any messages ?!??

@Camaramandy648 and @runsonespresso - I have had it where you couldn't send a message to someone who wasn't a connect MFP friend. But then I was able to send a message to @HonuNui one time and we weren't but I think that is the way it works now.

We are friends now and I just resent the message so hopefully, it works now.

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Dilemma.

Tomorrow is my day off BUT I have to go into work at 8am for some training. Should be done by 1030. I usually run before work but I'd really like the lay in. So could run at 11 once I've finished work, and go for a longer run - say about 10k. Before work I'd only manage 8k. But at 11am it's hot, I'd need sunscreen and all that. It's due to be overcast and around 20c (70f) atm

Would you do a shorter run before run and forfeit your layin, or run at 11 and risk the heat of the day?
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Dilemma.

Tomorrow is my day off BUT I have to go into work at 8am for some training. Should be done by 1030. I usually run before work but I'd really like the lay in. So could run at 11 once I've finished work, and go for a longer run - say about 10k. Before work I'd only manage 8k. But at 11am it's hot, I'd need sunscreen and all that. It's due to be overcast and around 20c (70f) atm

Would you do a shorter run before run and forfeit your layin, or run at 11 and risk the heat of the day?

I’d go for sleep then a longer run. You’re from Northland - surely NP is miles cooler? And 20 degrees, that could be pleasant if there’s a breeze.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Dilemma.

I’d go for sleep then a longer run. You’re from Northland - surely NP is miles cooler? And 20 degrees, that could be pleasant if there’s a breeze.

Mmmm sleep. Yeah. I'll see what time I wake up. I usually wake at 6am anyway. Thanks kids...
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Dilemma.

Mmmm sleep. Yeah. I'll see what time I wake up. I usually wake at 6am anyway. Thanks kids...

I so rarely get to sleep I would always take sleep in when it was an option.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Tonight's run group workout was short speed intervals. 60-90-30 second intervals with 90 seconds rest between x 3 sets. The weather was great, and a good group showed up. I decided I was going to show my coach that my running was not suffering from all my other activities, so I pushed pretty hard. It was probably my best effort in speedwork in months, so whether he meant it to be or not, I guess his "talk" with me the other day was pretty motivational. Garmin even told me I had new 1k, 1 mile and 5k PRs, which of course don't count for anything when you stop your watch during recoveries, but still - vindication! I'm still a runner!

HA! He got to you :) Well I guess that is what a good coach is supposed to do. Well done though :)
  • enaliba
    enaliba Posts: 146 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Curious, who runs with partners, in groups, or solo?
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    enaliba wrote: »

99.999999978% of the time I run alone.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Dilemma.

Take the sleep. Plus, you get an extra day in February due to Leap Year.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    2-1 7k easy + yoga
    2-2 11k slow
    2-3 7k easy + resistance bands
    2-4 rest + yoga
    2-5 7k slow + resistance bands
    2-6 7k slow + yoga
    2-7 rest + resistance bands
    2-8 7k easy + yoga
    2-9 8.2k moderate
    2-10 7k moderate + resistance bands
    2-11 rest + yoga
    2-12 7k moderate + resistance bands
    2-13 7k slow + yoga
    2-14 7k slow + resistance bands
    2-15 7k easy + yoga
    2-16 11k slow
    2-17 7k easy + resistance bands
    2-18 rest + yoga
    2-19 7k easy + resistance bands
    2-20 7k moderate + yoga
    2-21 rest
    2-22 7k moderate + yoga
    2-23 7k threshold
    2-24 11k slow + resistance bands
    2-25 rest + yoga

February Total: 146.2k
    February Goal: 140k

January Total: 161k

Rainy today, so good for a rest day.
    I run alone.

Next year when you pop in here claiming your December 2020 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs
    Run at least 4 5k races
    Get a 5k PR
    Average at least 138k per month, to meet my Run the Year pledge of 1,020 miles

Run the Year Team: Pavement Pounders

2020 races:
    4-25 Shine the Light 5k, Twinsburg, OH
    5-23 Race for the Parks 5k, Hudson OH
    6-20 Freedom Run 5k, Aurora, OH
  • bearly63
    bearly63 Posts: 734 Member
    Options

I usually run alone with my audible books or podcasts. I have actually declined invites to run with people so I could finish a good book....sorry not sorry😏 But I will run with a friend periodically. So a little of both. On Sundays, my husband and I go to the trail together but he runs faster and farther so we finish at about the same time. Then he buys me breakfast....ever the gentleman.
  • OSUbuckeye906
    OSUbuckeye906 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    @OSUbuckeye906 What about the Air Force marathon? It's Sept 19th. I'm signed up for the the HM...which will be my first half.

That’s one to consider since it’s close (I’m in Columbus) but I did not have a good experience when I ran it in 2014. It was mostly because it was the most tired I have ever been for a race (so my fault) but the course wasn’t spectacularly exciting either. I remember thinking the course would be great for a half though, just kind of boring at the full mileage. I do want to go back and “get revenge” on this race at some point though.

A mixture of both. I run with a training group for my long runs, which are great because they are planned, paced, and supported with hydration along the route. I also run with partners/small group 1-3 times/week but I always make sure I have at least a run or two solo. It’s my “me” time and make sure I’m focusing on my own running goals.

• Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,717 Member
    Options
    2/1 – 8.51 miles
    2/3 – 5.13 miles
    2/5 – 5.09 miles
    2/7 – 5.01 miles
    2/9 – 9.01 miles
    2/10 – 5.04 miles
    2/11 – 5.32 miles
    2/13 – 5.14 miles
    2/15 – 10 miles
    2/17 – 5.44 miles
    2/19 – 5.01 miles
    2/21 – 5.04 miles
    2/24 – 5.12 miles (am) 3.14 miles (pm)
    2/25 – 3.10 miles
    85.10 miles to date/90 miles goal

Jumped on the treadmill for a 5K after weights this morning.

@enaliba – 99% of the time I run with friends.

@OSUbuckeye906 – Good to see you back! I’m entering the Marine Corps marathon lottery also. Hope we make it!