February 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    So as expected, school and my work both closed today. We got 2 inches of snow. 😐

Ok granted temps are in the 20’s so some icy patches. It’s going to be sunny and 40 today later.
    Good thing it’s my rest day.

Hold up...hold on... did I read that correctly? You got two inches and work and school CLOSED?
    Lucky... we get 8 inches in one night and the schools get a two hour delay, and work is NEVER cancelled..

Yes, yes you did read that correctly. The let out 3 hours early the day before to "beat the storm" and then closed the next day. This is quite the norm for here in the south lol.
  • hamsterwheel6
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »
    enaliba wrote: »
    2/3 1.6 miles C25K Week3Day3
    2/17 2.23 miles C25K Week3Day3
    2/19 2.54 miles C25K Week4Day1
    2/21 2.34 miles C25K Week4Day2
    2/24 1 mile...Baby is sick and DH texted that she was inconsolable, so ended early and returned home. I was exhausted from a hard night anyway. Is it better to stick to the run or rest after a sleepless night? Now I am home and baby is asleep next to me but I can’t fall asleep anyway...frustrating!

1. Run the month.
    exercise.png
    2. Loose 20 pounds in 2020.
    weight.png

March 14-CloudForestSchool 5K
    June 13-Helvetia 10K

Abi

Don't get frustrated.
    Listen to your body, react to life, and adjust as necessary.

This.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,986 Member
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »
    enaliba wrote: »
    2/3 1.6 miles C25K Week3Day3
    2/17 2.23 miles C25K Week3Day3
    2/19 2.54 miles C25K Week4Day1
    2/21 2.34 miles C25K Week4Day2
    2/24 1 mile...Baby is sick and DH texted that she was inconsolable, so ended early and returned home. I was exhausted from a hard night anyway. Is it better to stick to the run or rest after a sleepless night? Now I am home and baby is asleep next to me but I can’t fall asleep anyway...frustrating!

1. Run the month.
    exercise.png
    2. Loose 20 pounds in 2020.
    weight.png

March 14-CloudForestSchool 5K
    June 13-Helvetia 10K

Abi

Don't get frustrated.
    Listen to your body, react to life, and adjust as necessary.

This.

Agreed!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,986 Member
    Options
    So as expected, school and my work both closed today. We got 2 inches of snow. 😐

Ok granted temps are in the 20’s so some icy patches. It’s going to be sunny and 40 today later.
    Good thing it’s my rest day.

Hold up...hold on... did I read that correctly? You got two inches and work and school CLOSED?
    Lucky... we get 8 inches in one night and the schools get a two hour delay, and work is NEVER cancelled..

Yes, yes you did read that correctly. The let out 3 hours early the day before to "beat the storm" and then closed the next day. This is quite the norm for here in the south lol.

Same here! In Texas when it snows everything shuts down. And for us 2 inches is a lot.
  • hamsterwheel6
    Options
    @polskagirl01 @janejellyroll Thanks, good to know I'm not the only one and that I'm not way of base or hindering myself. I've run a HM and know I can, I just want to do better.

@kgirlhart @bearly63 Yep! That's exactly how it is here. Couple weeks ago we had a "heavy rain/wind" day off school. Yes, you heard that right as well.
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent You're doing so well! Keep going!

As far as not having a plan - I am already thinking about what to sign up for after my marathon. I will have to recover and see how I'm feeling and then start scheduling races again. :)
  • hamsterwheel6
    Options
    @kgirlhart @bearly63 Yep! That's exactly how it is here. Couple weeks ago we had a "heavy rain/wind" day off school. Yes, you heard that right as well.

When I lived in Nashville a 1/2 an inch of snow shut the city down for 2 days. When I visited the mountains Vermont one winter, they had 6 foot of snow, and the roads were clear and safe. I guess it all just depends how ready they are for it. :)

Yes! And having lived in Toronto, that's how it is as well. We just accept it here now. And stock up on bread and milk. :smile:
    (I don't) (others do).

• RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @Camaramandy648 Check your messages on here. I sent you the FB page info.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    I want to do a 50k in March 2021 which means training would probably start September (I think that's months - which was the longest training plans I saw).

I have some trail races this spring & summer but all are less than 7 miles. I've been keeping my long runs around 6-8 miles

As @
    Hey running friends that are a bit crazy, should I go do this run?

Thread: Like, duh, yes!

There. I answered for most people. :) I say go for it. Trail races are fun, even if you DNF. :)

and as @Avidkeo said "I'm surprised you are asking! Go, do, have fun!"

and start looking for some trail races with longer distances to stretch your distances.

Something that is starting to get bigger is the short distance (4-10km) multi-loop trail races where you get a time limit of 1 hour per loop and then do as many as you can, with 2-4 differant loops and reversing your direction on the 2nd time around a loop which makes it a completely differant experience than the original loop. Some have staggered start times ( 30 mins ) to spread the athletes out. A unique experience to be running on a trail and meeting an athlete heading the opposite direction doing the same loop but on a differant start cycle.

My Crystal Ball says @brittanystebbins95 is a Canadian?? either from Newfoundland, Western provinces or the Territories.
    shanaber wrote: »
    Anyone here know or are Jane Dance on Strava?
    @shanaber Not a handle I recognize.
  • brittanystebbins95
    brittanystebbins95 Posts: 567 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    juliet3455 wrote: »

My Crystal Ball says @brittanystebbins95 is a Canadian?? either from Newfoundland, Western provinces or the Territories.
    shanaber wrote: »
    Anyone here know or are Jane Dance on Strava?
    @shanaber Not a handle I recognize.

Close enough! Wisconsin! :D
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    @RunsOnEspresso it doesn’t show that i have any messages ?!??