WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2020

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,266 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon all. :D

I did some rowing today for my bonus calories. Saturday always involves a lot of newspaper reading so I'm glad I've logged 900 burn altogether. It's chicken, lentil, spinach and peas curry for dinner.

Allie - photos, PLEASE! B):D

DH watching 6 Nations rugby.

Sending love to all those whose loved ones have health issues, or are gradually losing their acuity. My heart goes out to you. <3

Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Barbie ~ Thanks! That never occurred to me! :)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbie & Michele: We no longer bake bread because DH can’t digest wheat. Previously we used our ancient Oster Slicer to slice our homemade bread. With it, we can slice a wide range of widths. We still have it & now use it to slice meat. :flowerforyou:

Machka: Nothing about your DH’s heath situation has been easy. I hope the evaluation process for him is tolerable. Can you request a different worker with more experience? :star:

Diana: When we reach our desired weight many of us stay here to help maintain our discipline and hold steady. :smiley:

I woke up with low energy today. I hope I eventually get an energy boost. I found a new book to read on Library to Go. This one is set in the past. I used to love Regency romances, but grew tired of them. I hope I like this one. If not, I’ll return it to the library.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the travel tips! I have an extra phone battery thing for camping, just have to find it and charge it, and print the email.

My eating habits have been lousy lately. If I'm not more careful I will be wearing a larger size for my trip. My hip has been sore, so I missed some exercise too. Must do better! Especially resisting cookies later in the day.

Annie in Delaware
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Did a yoga DVD today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Leslie Sansone DVD.

M – after you go to all these doctors, will the RTW Nazi be off your case?

Cool down here for FL. Not as cold as yesterday, but still cold. Don’t think I’ll be going in the pool (boo)

Ginny OH – congrats on the blood work!!!

Kylia – that’s terrible what that guy did! I really liked the way you spelled he{{. I’d never seen it like that.

Alzheimers – makes you wonder if dying at an early age (because not as many advances in medicine) had its advantage.

Rori – so glad dh has decided to go to the gym. Now let’s hope and pray that he does

Diana – I’m pretty muchly at the weight I want to be at. Not the weight the Wii tells me I should be. There is no way on this green earth I could ever get there and still feel like a human being. By now I’ve pretty well learned what works for me and what doesn’t, what foods are OK and which to avoid. Not that I always avoid foods that I should (like cakes or cookies) but I’ve learned portion control. I keep coming back here to keep myself in line (and also for these wonderful ladies)

KJ – YOU’RE RIGHT! It is a slinky!!!! Who’d have thuk?

Katla – is the Oster slicer the same as a meat slicer? I have a meat slicer but I admit that I haven’t used it much at all. I think I tried once to slice bread but the bread just broke up. I never thought of it, but maybe you can adjust how thick the meat/bread is cut. Will check when we get home

Michele in chilly FL
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Annie - When you check in online for your flight 24 hours in advance, you will be able to print a hard copy of your boarding pass. If you don't have a printer, you can go to the counter (or a service desk) for your airline at the airport and get a printed boarding pass there if you are more comfortable with that.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Debby CA-What you think about iur 2 Texas Toast restaurants litterely in the same spot dueling for who’s more Texas Toasty? Lol 😂
    I find it hilarious 🤣 . I never make French Toast never had it before ever. I’d try it but some stuffs just not the sit on the stomach well for me. Got to adjust the recipe to fit my stomach condition but that changes taste. (Almond milk Instead of milk /Egg whites instead of whole egg/ cinnamon got to lightly use only) I love egg in the middle of toast tho nothing else on it tastes twice as good on Texas Toast!

Kylia- It’s sad because the theives actually believes it’s a victimless crime! They assume insurance covers it to tax refunds. Well not true even if you can count it on taxes or have insurance you can’t use it every day! Or for every item! Better to prosecute so they’ll learn! Check the returned box always had someone at HomeDepot found later in returns sorting area they stuffed a heavy jar of rusty nails to few penny’s y dimes lots of washers also rusted in a jar like a pickles one stuffed it in the box 📦 to make it feel like the heavy duty skill saws. A young girl accepted it without checking. She opened every box after that even taped ones that really were never opened! I was overly helpful at Christmas time Boss said help them to checkout! Well I was let me help you with that heavy box sir all chipper merry Christmas sir! He took off running across at the other checkout his son/younger accomplice took off running with a cheaper item alarms blasting! I was holding the exspensive item got chewed out by my boss. Your welcome moment lol 😂 I didn’t get out on the walk for thwarted thefts at all (would have won my item was $300+). After that was less helpful about getting item to the checkout which got chewed out for again. I still not sure what they wanted from the employees too many cooks in the kitchen with different ideas lol. One said doing great another wanted less another more the other well she made no darn sense to anyone so she didn’t count lol 😂 you just hoped she didn’t side with the worst ones lol.

Amber Tx

Deciding which 2 Trays to eat for the day still.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,266 Member
    Options
    Tracey - we are the same over here. It's all a mix up between Imperial and Metric. Us oldies flick about between them. We think in stones and pounds for people's weight, but mostly use kg for shop bought food. ;) Pints are for beer, and litres for milk. Most recipes are in both metric and Imperial. I use imperial mostly. Distances are in miles. Measurements in cms. ;) Temperature in Celsius, but us oldies think in Fahrenheit. It all seems to work ok. :D

Dinner is ready in the IP and keeping warm. The cleaner came this morning, so we are clean for the first time in a month because she's missed weeks. I've nearly finished the newspaper. Rugby nearly finished. :D A quiet evening in.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,066 Member
    Options
    Love the name Imperial here we call it Standard Measurement. I think I will add this to my vocab when I teach measurement to students. We teach both because most of measurement are still done in Imperial, but if they are to work in any scientific fields they have to know metric. Metric does make more sense.
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,504 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: veg & cheese prep,
    Bonus: 1 load laundry, order rx refill
    Get to do: invest 10 mins cleaning Office, carry over Master & Guest Bds, dog group, board meeting minutes, voicemail Doug about Win10 update and iCloud install, line dance, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, bake bran muffins, call Carolyn D. Next week Shadow to Mini Pet Mart to shop for crate, get Shingrix vaccine. March: follow up for DEXA scan appt. Reward: inventory seeds, plan garden, order replenishments.

Skimmin’… ;)
    SuziQ “is the calorie broken” what a very interesting read. Really reinforced for me how each of us is unique, right down to our gut biomes. No silver bullet/magic fat pill/one fix for all. Will keep counting calories as an approximation is better for me to manage intake/outgo than nothing. Will try different mixes of healthy foods to see if any encourages my biome to provide me with more energy instead of squirreling it all away around my middle. Gonna start with beans, adding a serving/day.
    Amber, soup, yes! That’s the way to get vegs/fiber when raw or slightly cooked upset your digestion. Well done! As for opening your diary to “public” hmm, maybe reconsider? Friends, yes, public, maybe not so much? There are some nasty judgmental trolls out there, no need to expose yourself to their energy… just my two cents.
    Karen in VA, if they still have Rockettes when Liliana is old enough… “…because I’m from Nebraska” hahahahahaha!
    Machka compression socks, yes! Elevated, maybe not so much. Are you on blood thinning rx? Ditto Flea and Katla’s comments about the RTW ditz. Is she coming to the big appointment with the mainland Dr? Could be a good thing. Had to google Penny-farthing, wow!
    Lisa “full of restraint and diplomacy. Or something” Hahahahahahahah! You did well to just say Thank You, but I’m rolling on the floor, lmao.
    Debby looks like your GS got is wish, big time ;)
    Jackiem1231 ((hugs)) and so sorry for your two losses, (when your mom was diagnosed with the dementia and now that she’s physically gone too.) Please take Margaretturk’s self care insights to heart.
    Tere in RVA :heart: your job market story. Being open to doing something you’d never done before, twice, priceless!
    Carol in GA sorry to hear of the unexpected expenses, sometimes seems like we can never catch up. Thought exactly as you did about Tracey’s feeling good at 6 degrees, even tho’ its C not F. We complain of the chill when it dips below 50 F/10 C. ;) Back in Idaho, we'd all open our coats when it warmed from the teens to the 40s. Sooooo glad we moved to the mild winter coast.
    Katla I confess to envying you and Barbie and especially Heather and all whose husbands go out to dinner with them. Joe has become a virtual recluse, unwilling to leave the dogs alone to go out to eat. Only leaves the house when I’m with the dogs or the dogs are with him. Neither is he willing to meet any of my friends and their husbands, even if I invite them over. It worries me, but most of the time I’m unwilling to fight it, so try to focus instead on his many love gifts of service and care. I, too, used to love Regency Romances. At last I'm ready to release my shelf of Georgett Heyers back to the universe. Will ask my god daughter if any of her girls are interested in historical romances, if not, into the next thrift store bag they go, along with my menu/programme from one of the balls I attended.
    Kylia hope your trip to see granddaughter dancing soothes the headache and purges the bad taste from the thief. Would be great if it balanced the yeast too… ;)
    Allie you sound so very happy. Makes me smile! :smiley: Will you be to ship the blanket home? Hard to imagine it fitting into your pack… :sweat_smile:
    Michele I’d guess that round bottomed red-nosed Bozo clown punching bag that always bounces back? Oops, nope see it was Slinky.
    Heather does your IP have a temperature setting? Is it C or F?

Maintenance: Guess I’m “maintaining” at 40 lbs over goal weight :confounded: . Took off 20 pounds when first joined MFP (so very long ago), have been 140-145 ever since. Grateful to be out of the obese range, making healthier food and activity choices. Most grateful for all you wise and compassionate women.

Tracey, Evelyn and our other neighbors to the north, do you think Canadian govt food regulations result in a safer food supply than the US? Here they can sell us food that is GMO’d, irradiated, and pesticided to a fare the well. Found some yummy Muesli (Alpen), product of Canada, at Grocery Outlet for a very reasonable cost. Thinking of substituting it for my more expensive (and calorie laden) organic granola.

Caught up, for the moment. Time to be up and at ‘em, first of all to knock out that carry over 10 mins cleaning bedrooms.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    February: better than January.
    daily: steps=11371!!!  vits=17 log=21 CI<CO=15 CI<250<CO=12 Tumble 5/10=14 mfp=21 outside=15 clean 10 mins=13 up hill=18
    wkly: BB&B x3=8, rx=2 dance=6 pack walk=3
    mnthly: board mtg=1 grant= review 20for20=1
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Barbara- The trolls can eat my dust lol 😂 I’m almost at my goal weight catagory! Only 15lbs - 17lbs to go then it’s healthy maintaining. Maybe the Trolls can take notes 📝 lol . I’ll set it to friends,but public was more to let you guys see what I’m talking about with the prep meals.I studied up on it for months before attempting this. Going with the rotating version. Like I said that Remington guy can have 2 choices only all week long but I couldn’t at all. Hubby too gots to have his vegetarian meals,egg ones (Vegetarian friendly must be free range chickens were picky about that),or chicken (we try to buy ones with no hormones to preservatives for them y us). I haven’t figured out how to tackle the vegetarian meals yet in them. Still watching videos on Vegan y Vegetarian prep ones. So got a container of Vegetarian spaghetti for JR y hubby to share . JR has a huge pile of his peanut butter pancakes with yougurt in them.

Amber Tx

Weight loss is a slow process been here almost a year started awhile before downloading the app . 50lbs lost so far (3 days have hit this my lowest number praying it sticks goes more below it)
  • knitski2002
    knitski2002 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Just watched my grandson while my daughter and son in law went out to lunch for their anniversary. Five years! Doesn't seem possible!
    Spring is coming. Today is the first day of Yankees pre season games.

Shirley from Northern NY
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Went and picked up the Snow White bisqe, then went to WalMart. Of course, Vince had to get more Girl Scout cookies. Oh, first stopped at the SPCA thrift store. The whole store was 50% off if you have this wooden nickle. The other day it saved me about $20 and today it saved me $10. The nickle cost me $5 two years ago. Also got some DVD's, like I need them. Well, I *want* them.

Michele in windy FL but not as windy as yesterday
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Annie - I highly recommend taking a screen shot of the boarding pass and marking it as a favorite to easily pull it up. With apps, sometimes they don't cooperate and come up when needed and you hold up the boarding lines. I have used apps a lot and though I still take screen shots or add them to my Wallet, I also have printed them and actually prefer that. It's faster/easier when you have impatient people behind you or when dealing with travel stress.

Tina in CA
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    @dianastarkekman -- I don't change my eating and I've been at maintenance for years, more or less. I gain a pound or two here and there, eat less for a week or so to rebalance, and always have a massive stretch goal to lose 3 pounds more than where I am now, but I'm not sure that will look good on me. So, I try to be content. I stay around 1200 calories a day and a day or two a week, I'll fast from 4pm to 8am. I also try to be done eating by 6pm most nights. If you change your eating habits, it may just work out for you. For example, I don't eat grains as a general rule, but once in a while (once a week or less often) I'll have a piece of bread, oatmeal, or a donut. I also weigh myself every day and try to burn at least 300 calories per day with resistance training and cardio; I don't eat my burned calories back. If I notice an unfortunate trend, I adjust my eating. Try some things and see what works for you.

Allie- Sounds like a great trip. Enjoy the rest of it! Looking forward to photos. Thanks for taking us along with you.

Tracey and Heather - Thanks for that info on metric vs. imperial. I live with a German and he complains about our imperial system. But, at least we are consistent. :smiley:

Machka - I am sorry you and your husband are having to go through this. There is nothing more infuriating than a bureaucrat who thinks they know best for you.

We finally closed on the sale of our investment property. Whew! So happy to be rid of it. It rained like mad today and the wind is roaring. If we still owned that place, I'd be stressed about the windows leaking or something else.

My wardrobe for Viva Las Vegas is arriving today as well a my new full length mirror. I even bought a bathing suit for the pool party. Tomorrow is trying on day.

Tina in CA