WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2020

Options

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Barbara I adored my mother. I can't think of a nicer thought than her face shining out of mine. <3

Childhood Nicknames :D

Karen-a-wee-wee in Virginia
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,688 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day :smile: :smile:

Zwift, my bike on trainer- 1hr, 14min, 136ahr, 153mhr. 14mi=. 691c
    Apple Watch- 688c
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,385 Member
    Options
    Did a Leslie Sansone DVD toay. The plan for tomorrow is to do the Zero to Sixty DVD

Just barely had enough battery charge on my laptop to do the DVD. Just as it finished, my latop ran out of battery.

Went to Okochebee and met my girlfriend. First we went to this ceramic bisque place. Unfortunately, he didn’t accept credit cards (no where on his Facebook did he mention this). What I really should have done is go thru everything I was going to buy and eliminate the things that I really didn’t want. But I didn’t. <kick> Oh well,

Went to church last night and realized that this Wednesday is Ash Wednesday. Looks like I have to alter my menu for the week. I somehow don’t think we’ll have dinner tonight. I think I’ going to try (yet again) giving up eating anything after dinner. Maybe, just maybe I can do it this time

Luci – we read that they were calling for 2-4 inches so the called off school for 2 days (you gals up north can stop laughing now) and we wound up getting a light dusting. Anyway, glad we weren’t there. But it WAS chilly down here. Well, chilly for FL

Amber - so glad he didn't put the tomato sauce on that pizza. Looks good.

Michele
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Childhood nicknames that followed my adult years.
    Nina (girl ) then Queen if the Nerds (middle school ) then Flaca (skinny) then Mommy lol 😂

Amber Tx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,157 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    SuziQ113 wrote: »
    Office PITB Situations – Since I have been working for quite some time at the same company I know who responds and who does not. When I have a project dependent upon receiving information in order to get my job done I set a reminder for both myself and the receiver of the email I am sending. I put the follow up date way before I actually need the information. If I receive the information prior to the reminder I remove the flags when I send a thank you. If I do not get the information from the true procrastinators when the reminder pops up I forward the original email to them and adjust the flag three days ahead. If I have to follow up a third time I do the same thing and copy their manager and mine. I have found when I practice this regularly people begin to realize they need to respond to my emails or they are going to have pesky reminders popping up all of the time. I am down to one person for which I must set reminders and have found they are just awful time managers. For those I work closely with I have mentored them and now all have monthly Excel to do lists for weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports. The lists contain the information needed, to whom it goes to, and what day/week/month it’s due each quarter.

Hugs to all and prayers for those in need.
    SuziQ - SFL

That works in a nice stable environment and I use it for those I know. But much of the time I'm requesting data from different areas which don't really want to take the time to provide me the data and pass the job around to whoever. Step 1 for me is often figuring out who to ask this time. And some of my data sources are in conferences and overseas and who knows what all. It's a constant back-and-forth on whose responsibility it is to give me data. It shouldn't be that difficult and we're trying to streamline our processes to make it as easy as possible, but somehow it manages to be difficult just about every time.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    A question just came to me (ala Machka): Nicknames, did you have any as a child? Did you love ‘em or hate ‘em?

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie

I chose Machka in 1999 shortly after my first husband and I separated ... it's been my name now for 20 years! :) It was how my current husband knew me at first, and he still calls me Machka now and then.

I guess I wanted to reinvent myself in 1999.

So yes ... I like Machka. :)

Various people have tried various other nicknames on me but none of them stuck.

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Machka: Good news that the RTW girl won’t be at the big appointments. :flowerforyou:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Most of his upcoming appointments are "above her pay grade" so to speak ... it's a matter for much higher up the food chain than she is. However, eventually, the results of all of this will filter down to her and she/we will have to comply with whatever comes of it all. At this point we have no idea what will happen. So we just plod our way through the process.

Meanwhile, the first (smaller) appointment is done and will result in 2 more appointments. He has been diagnosed with a hernia. I don't know if it is related to the accident 2 years ago or not.

All kinds of unrest at work today because of the restructuring situation. :neutral:

Machka in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,352 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • Machka9
    Options
    Katla - my brother did a little test himself with a potato. He planted a couple of potato plants in his house where they couldn’t be sprayed. When it was picking time he took one from outside and one from his house. He said the ones outside had a slight metallic taste to them that when that was all you were eating wasn’t noticeable but when eating next to a pure one was quite noticeable.

I read somewhere that it is next to impossible now to find seeds that are pure because of chemicals now used on generations of plants. I don’t know if that is factual or not, but I do know that food doesn’t taste as good as it used to.

Tracey in Edmonton

Aren't heirloom or heritage seeds supposed to be relatively "pure"?

M in Oz
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    4v5ztjvr9nvd.jpeg

Ginny Ohio ouch! Poor baby! Hope he heals fast. Had to move JR the minute he passed the height y weight requirement for the bed.Our Delta crib luckily had good advice said if they can climb onto the couch or lifting leg up on furniture stop using,but other cribs didn’t say that on the instructions when we were crib shopping. I called the company it was their first question. I stopped using Daughters when she climbed out the first time rolled into the floor after jumping out.I was asleep in a bed in the same room when she did it that half awake half asleep dream that you wake realize really just happened! I had her on a mattress right away on the floor no metal stuff later put metal. JR crib converted into a day bed we did that until he was too tall again. Then mattress on the floor then now a Full size bed with super tall sides we pushed against the wall! Gives it 3 sides-2 wall y 1 tall footboard.The 4th side is open.
    Daughter scared me so bad I became an expert quickly! She was my super short kid but part goat 🐐 climber!!

Amber Tx

Ignore the mess I lay next to him holding his hand till he falls asleep . I’m always cold so winter blankets on couches to around me as I walk through the house
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Katla - my brother did a little test himself with a potato. He planted a couple of potato plants in his house where they couldn’t be sprayed. When it was picking time he took one from outside and one from his house. He said the ones outside had a slight metallic taste to them that when that was all you were eating wasn’t noticeable but when eating next to a pure one was quite noticeable.

I read somewhere that it is next to impossible now to find seeds that are pure because of chemicals now used on generations of plants. I don’t know if that is factual or not, but I do know that food doesn’t taste as good as it used to.

Tracey in Edmonton

Aren't heirloom or heritage seeds supposed to be relatively "pure"?

M in Oz

I’m not sure, one of the gardeners will maybe be able to answer that question. :)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I’ve been watching critter shows on TV—veterinarian shows and Zoo shows. The zoos are all over the US & Australia. Vet shows are all over, too. I love animals with fins, fur & feathers. I’m not so thrilled with scales and forked tongues. 🙊🙉🙈🐵
  • Machka9
    Options
    Back to work today!!

But more importantly ...

Got in 30 flights of stairs, 3.3 km of walking, and an hour's "Run Strong" class.

It was my first of five classes, learning to run with better technique and hopefully a reduced chance of injury. Turns out I kind of shuffle rather than run properly. I don't life my feet up enough and need to increase my cadence.

We did all sorts of exercises and I'm going to be sore tomorrow!! I've got to practice one in particular ... a high skipping drill. I can do it slowly but my coordination fails me when I get going. :lol:

And I just simply need to exercise more intensely this week. I was huffing and puffing at times.

Machka in Oz
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Morning
    Up to P59, so still a lot to catch up on.

We have snow this morning! I don't mind the snow too much, but hate the icy that sometimes comes with it. More flooding on the way unfortunately.

Katla our dog is a border collie, she was rescued from a farm by the RPCA, lots of interbred collies and other animals all neglected. Their "owners" had been on the RSPCAs radar because of neglect previously, but the judge decided to give the dogs back to them, of course this led to more puppies (our Leah was one). It was only when the farmer died that they stepped in to take away the animals (the wife couldn't cope with them all) not all of them survived due to neglect. Leah was very nervous when we first took her on, but she is fine now, although still a little nervous of DS.

Kate UK I've been watching the Stranger on Netflix too, really enjoyed it. Kept me guessing until the end.

Heather Your lunch at the Wolseley looks lovely. It reminded me of our afternoon tea at the Railway Museum last month (not quite a posh :) ) but it was very civilised with silver teapots etc it was in a static railway carriage, it was like being on the Orient Express.

Carol in GA I think February is a deprssing month, and it has been a particular hard one for you, no wonder you will be glad to see the end of it. I hope March will be a better month for you.

Loving all the pics of the grandbabies and the furry kids too.

Need to get on, time is running away with me yet again. The snow has now turned to rain, roll on spring and some sunshine.

Love to all <3
    Viv UK