WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2020

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    h6qioo886a56.jpeg
    mjfn6vt5p7d3.jpeg

Even the kids games asking Corona questions..BitLife (Daughter y me play then vote in what to do with them). She voted Netflix I just answered what I was doing at that moment BitLife.

Trying to merge every tiny purse to left over hand sanitizer I own. Change a poop 💩 diaper to go toss it in the outside trash I use it. Will hunt any down in Daughter room next maybe an old school backpack has one tiny itty bitty bottle still .

Amber Tx

If you aren’t leaving your house, why do you need sanitizer? Soap and water is the first choice, and you are home, so why not just wash your hands?

Okie in the TX Hill Country

Yes!

I gave up trying to find santiser some time ago and went for the soap. There were a whole bunch of "soap-free" soaps, but there were still some real soaps available and so I bought a couple packages of those.

This is the poster up in my office and I do this several times a day such as before I get on the bus, after I get off the bus, before I go out anywhere, after I get back from anywhere ...

912aas5tl3jl.png

And this is the Australian gov't video which is also played on TV and other places:

https://youtu.be/K-6pjI58Ajs

Machka in Oz
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,923 Member
    Options
    2191610q208gshr57.gif
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    JRs skin Condition https://www.madeformums.com/news/mums-plea-to-help-cure-son-of-debilitating-eczema/
    iaxo7atgtahi.jpeg
    okx6gttnb5jq.jpeg
    asgz3hj50rb8.jpeg
    bihm1sdqk8q7.jpeg
    This is just 1 of many instructional papers Doctor gave us is just for the Secere Eczema not the Severe Keratosis Pilaris caused by the severity of the Eczema yktfhnpx2lky.jpeg

Can’t save the gel or antibacterial soaps I use it after JRs poop Orr when treating his severe eczema /severe Keratosis Pilaris rashes to keep it from spreading to his skin breaks. Without all we do to keep his skin condition controlled he would be able n/out of hospitals wrapped like a burn victim. I have stuff to make more that’s why I know the recipe to make it. His teacher someday for kindergarten will have to use hand sanitizer nurse too if they put a bandage on him or his skin breaks can get infected. Another name for keratosis Pilaris is Chicken Skin cause it look red bumpy.

wbzozue8lty6.jpeg

Plus Hubby still working even in hospitals 🏥 to Bases so if he runs home to grab paperwork or anything he hand sanitizer then grabs it leaves.

https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1070651-treatment

https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1070651-treatment

Amber Tx

It can also cause a normal diaper rash to turn fungal in 1 day. Then the other creams come out.
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,752 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    I don't know how the roadblocks work. Just that my cousin's daughter reported one.

I need an intro level low impact aerobic exercise. Maybe just marching in place? Would that replace five minutes on the elliptical at the gym? I am trying to strengthen a weak knee and burn calories at home. I already do dumbbells and calisthenics on Tuesday Thursday Saturday, but I used to do the gym Monday Wednesday Friday. 5 minutes rowing, 5 min elliptical, 10 min treadmill then 10 mins bike. But not anymore 😔.

Annie in Delaware
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Annie- Road blocks you pull up wait they ask questions like where your going y why. If working have a boss use company stationary
    Write that your a —grocery,nurse,etc— worker with numbers will speed it up. If going to a grocery store happen to have the canvas bags set them in the seat next to you say I need groceries (if taking care of elders say that too with the word grocery)

Julia Ohio- Yes JR wants Daddy cologne cries cause we tell him no. Hubby applies me to to our lower undies region cause he can’t come in contact there. It’s just safer. Of course hubby puts on more cause he worried the smell won’t waft upward lol reminds me of my grandma back when she was alive the whole bottle splashed everywhere even her hair (his is just in hidden places ) . JR having the Oilaris it needs scrubbed y avoid things that you Need for eczema. The Eczema you cannot scrub only a soft sponge or hand to clean not rub hard the keratosis creams flare it up.
    So Doctor y me got together I formulated my own lotion out of many with doctor adding too until we got it right enough. His cheeks still break out badly tho. His constant growth hormones trigger some of it to even stress like a Doctor giving shots can flare it up. Doctor comes in a sea his stethoscope 🩺 instant tears flare up in 3minutes his clear or semi red cheeks turn bright red crack start to bleed of immediately can’t calm him y apply ointments. Then takes weeks to get him under control again (next shots age 4) . Truck for Dentist we found he Loves Toothbrushes so give him a brush then check him he so happy about the toothbrush he forgets to cry 😭...salty tears effect it so I have to calm him y smooth even to sleep still. It’s a lot the wet soaking y wet clothes then take them off creams y Casals e to seal it in. Change clothes fast to diapers a few minutes can be bad! My poor mother-in-law had to be harsh until she understood her leaving him in a wet diaper too long was why he was at the doctors. Once she understood she checked like me continuously (it seems weird to folks but have to check even slight wetness is bad). His poops they can burn him so fast if it’s hot,diahreah,or even soft so drop everything to wipe even if he’s not done sometimes. A lot of work but worth it for him not to hurt. He even told the dermatologist hurts pointed to his cheeks she cried me too y hubby. Got urea creams to steroidal ones. So many a few we have to avoid (made it worse). Washed hands rash infection spread we found if I wash use a tiny bit of the hand sanitizer after poops or rash cream applying it didn’t! Keep in mind lots of are soaps are for him so we have to remember to use another type for us y his wipes are alcohol free so it’s not killing stuff (but alcohol ones peel his skin off a burn that’s dangerous in diapers! ) .So clean him apply creams, wash my hands with antibacterial or real harsh soaps 🧼 then a dab of sanitizer to my hands can touch him again. I keep peroxide to witch hazel also for emergencies with his skin to me running out of sanitizer. Got too he will not grow out of this the worst was teething phases to diapers. So once he wears underwear with zero accidents that will help a lot for some of it but then the risks of school kids having perfumes at different ages to playground without a bath after. Going to be hard but ready for it.

Amber Tx
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    <3
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Annie - Might try Leslie Sansone walking in place. I think you can find some of her stuff on YouTube or buy CDs. "Walk Away the Pounds". I have used some of hers and like them.
    Everyone take care Sue in WA
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    An interesting ... and quite realistic ... read:

Coronavirus across the world: What happens next?

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/coronavirus-across-the-world-what-happens-next/news-story/d766f867a5a7304f5ddd775d0cbbf1e3#.156fc

"When will normalcy return?

The answer is simple.

We don’t know. But we know what it will take.

We can only hit the streets again in the same way we did back in January once some 80 per cent of the population has resistance to COVID19.

And you only get that once you’ve had the disease and recover.

Or, you get a vaccination.

Australia can only open for business once again when the risk can be managed. And that won’t be easy.

It will need all-encompassing testing. Massive contact tracing. Isolating the infected.

This could entail privacy-intruding surveillance and monitoring that goes against our democratic grain.

And it could last up to two years."
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Heather Having good food is not trivial. It's a sign of commitment to one's good health and having zest for life. Savoring food with another person is a positive affirmation.
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the interesting articles, the lovely grand baby pictures, the selfies, the puppy pics, and coping/support posts. To think when this group was started we never thought there would be times like this and were ahead of the curve of social distancing and using technology of a way to keep in touch and being in support of one another. <3

To say yesterday was exhausting is an understatement. Being awake at 2:30 am was just the start of it. After catching up with some household items and getting the morning routine completed I started my rounds based upon when the various stores opened up.

I was at the bank getting a little cash at 5:25 and then in the line at Home Depot at 5:30. I was the first in line and had 30 minutes to kill. Decided I would step in place and make good use of the time. Slowly but surely the line got longer and it was nice to see people were practicing social distance.

After Home Depot it was off to Walmart's Family Grocery or whatever they call themselves. The store opens at 7:00 am. I am not a fan of Wally World for too many reasons to list here, but during times like this we cannot always stand on principal. Again, I was 30 minutes early and this time second in line. Another nice conversation and taking advantage of the time in line by stepping in place.

My third stop was Publix our local (and one of the best) grocery stores. The store opened at 8:00 am and I found I was another 30 minutes early. I was third in line and as people started to line up there were a few conversations one almost turned ugly when politics were brought up. I had to play referee......simply told the folks if we are going to raise voices we are not having an intelligent conversation and an exchange of beliefs so I think we should change the conversation. The "two" grumbled a little and would not look at each other but I was able to defuse the situation. Again, I stepped in place during all of this because why not? :smiley:

I was able to get almost everything on my list. Some the items not found were paper towels, hand sanitizer or sanitizing wipes, or regular flour. I could not find plain yogurt either. All of these items I can live without. Let's face it - we are shelter in place and all have workarounds.

Finally got home. After carrying everything in to the court yard, wiping down perishables, getting things in the front door, stripping down, washing up to get stuff in the refrigerator, showering, going back in to the court yard, wiping the rest down and putting it away, washing and wiping again, starting laundry, etc. It was 10:30 am and I had almost 12,000 steps in. And, to think I still had to log in, work, and find some time to throw something together to eat. TG I was smart enough to pick up some prepackaged luncheon meats. Lunch meat is not on my normal things to purchase but figured those prepackaged ones have a longer shelf life and can be added to things like a salad or omelet when I want a little meat.

Near the end of the day we received an email from the company president. It stated those of us who can and are working remotely should plan on doing so until May 4th and if we work for other divisions (me) our leaders will provide guidelines. Our president has scheduled a town hall on April first (yes, April Fool's day). I imagine the same request will be forthcoming. I also imagine based upon the local and national news we may be remote well past May 4th, but am remaining hopeful we will see a downward trend by then.

I guess I am glad I have not yet gotten rid of the desk in my guest room. Part of this weekend will be spent creating an official office place. I typically work at my kitchen counter and move in to the living room or court yard for a change. This is fine for the times where I had to work remote for an extended period of time (10 days being the longest). But, yesterday I realized I never really feel "away" from work because my laptop sits plugged in and ready to go on the kitchen counter and taking up my down time space. It is a constant reminder. With an official "office" I can keep things plugged in and ready to go, but do not have to view them all of the time. And since I am wireless I can always move to the living room, court yard or counter if I want a change of scenery.

I hate saying this, but I will be making a trip out to the nursery today. I "want" to pick up a few more flowers to brighten the courtyard and am in need of some starter herbs. It will be my last trip out for a while. Yesterday put me in a great place to be able to shelter for at least three months for most things except fresh vegetables. I will blanch most of what I purchased and freeze and will also look for some hot weather lettuces at the nursery to supplement my meals.

I hope everyone has had or is having a good day.

Hugs to all and prayers to those in need.
    SuziQ - SFL