WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2020

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    Did Cathe Friedrick Hardcore Series Low Max DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do an Ultimate Weight Training and Cardio DVD. You know what is one good thing about having to workout at home? I downloaded a few DVD’s and I’ve been meaning to do them to see just how much I like them. Well, now I have the time so that’s what I’ll be doing. Like I’m not going to do this DVD again, it just isn’t for me.

I’m really starting to get to the point that I would prefer not to go out. A lot of ads came in the paper today. Usually, I read them and map out which I want to go to. Today, I just put those ads right in recycling without even looking at them.

Another positive about this “lockdown” is that we’re getting less junk mail. There just aren’t people at the companies to send it. We’re not getting bombarded with lots of election stuff. Well, I’m just trying to look for the silver linings

I used to many times just use one piece of TP if I was just going #1 (sorry if TMI). Mainly my thinking was “it’s that much less in my septic”. Now my mindset is “the less I use, the more we have”.

Bananas – thanks for popping in. It was so very interesting reading all about how France is handling this. Look at it this way – you’re not in Italy! I was raised by my grandmother. Things were used over and over until they were threadbare. We live in a throw away society today. Hopefully that would change, but I honestly doubt it.

Kylia – what a novel idea having a class for your neighbors from your backporch. My husband is going thru things he has and is selling some. But he isn’t using eBay. He posts on a train forum and people buy his trains.

Margaret – be safe!

SuziQ – thanks for the tip about the glove. I have these wipes that I always keep with my bag for food. Sometimes you need to wipe your hands like if you have an orange. I think I’ll get that packet and use it. They are flushable personal cleansing wipes. If anything, they’d be a barrier between the handle and my hand. I’ve gotten to where I purchase those large bags of frozen fruit. Even some veges if they come in a large package. Maybe Sams would have some, should check it out one day

I don’t mean to be religious, but I can’t help if this is God’s way of saying “slow down, you don’t need to be so wasteful, see now!”

Amber – I’ve been bringing my tablet to read a book to any doctor’s office for years now. I do hope stores do away with those keypads where you have to input your phone number to get whatever. Well, I believe most stores that have that also have the ability to give you the discount/points/whatever by using your phone number

I don’t recall hearing anything about India. If someplace has lots of people it’s India. Wonder how they’re making out?

Rita – oh, dear. Cranberry juice here you come!

Finally got Vince to put up these 2 things. Put out most of the ceramics yesterday. I had to get on a ladder to get some. I think if I used a large ladder I probably could have gotten more. But oh well… it was getting late and I needed to get dinner ready, anyway

Michele NC
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I bring my cellphone to read at offices or bring my own magazines.

pskoovad7ph0.jpeg
    Dad update ^ church had biggest turnout ever! Someone set up a speaker system. The young married couple that was cancelled I simply said this is when you decide what’s more important an instagram worthy wedding but not the guy/gal? Or the being together (courthouse wedding to small ones just as good) in times like this. So got a new married couple today Yaaay!! 20 people in 10cars outside .

Amber Tx

Got my bucket of Lysol cleaner water extra dish soap in it wiping down chairs,doorknobs,light switches,soap to purel dispensers,toys ,my broom y pan even lots with plastic parts everywhere.Lives 3days on plastics.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: Happy British Mother’s Day to you and your wonderful children and grandchildren.

Sharon near Seattle: I am still worried about you. I hope you will let us know when you have been able to get a reasonable amount of food so that you don’t go hungry.

We’re having another quiet day so far. The weather is beautiful and sunny. Cottonwood trees on the island across from us haven’t started to break dormancy as far as I can tell by looking.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,744 Member
    Options
    vy4c7eoccmbm.jpeg
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    The day has been a positive one. I washed all of the windows inside and out. I cannot believe how much brighter it looks in here. I also washed the bathroom floors and wiped everything down. I dusted all of the furniture upstairs. Things are starting to looking nice and pristine around here. Quite a few projects to go, but am glad with the overall progress. I will get a lot done during my commute-time savings during the work week.

Beth - You are so sweet. Your post made my eyes a little teary. Sending a big virtual hug to you.

Heather - Oh, those pizzas made my mouth water. I see one in my future. Of course I am not sure how far in the future that will be......

Michele - I think none of us will every look at TP the same way again! I am glad I started conserving when I did or I would be in trouble now.

Allie - I have always detested gas pumps because of the things I have seen people doing in their cars. Picking their noses is one of the least disgusting. I do have some disposable gloves (maybe 10 of them) and after my friend's text will definitely have them with me when I have to refill.

Katla - I am glad you are enjoying the weather. I am also concerned for Sharon and hope for a positive update soon.

Another surprise. I went to pull an onion out of the lower vegetable bin and found a beautiful red pepper which would typically be in the upper vegetable bin. I chopped up half and sauteed it with some chopped onion to add some additional flavor to the black beans I am having for dinner. Who would have thought a red pepper could make someone so happy!

I will have to go out next Friday because I must send a certified payment. I am not looking forward to the post office, but did some research and there are two close enough to me with self-service kiosks that are open 24 hours. I will be using my disposable gloves and will be going super early. I also have a payment I must make in person. I will call the company to see if I can pay over the phone. Keep your fingers crossed for me. I think by then I will also need to hit a grocery store. I am not overly excited at the prospect, but am hopeful most people have stocked up and are not running out in droves to the stores. It will be nice to be able to pick up fresh vegetables and fruits.

I emailed the florist who holds the flower classes. They still have not cancelled, which is disturbing because there are typically 25 in the class and we are sitting on top of each other. I asked for a credit which they will not do. I am going to email them again to see if there has been a change of policy. If not I will request the flowers be bundled up along with the container and I will bring all home and make the arrangement here. The class is scheduled for next Saturday.

It has been a beautiful day here with lots of sun and the temperature has been in the low 80s. There is a wonderful breeze. Many butterflies fluttering around.

Hugs to all and prayers for those in need.
    SuziQ - SFL - Who will be posting a few funnies in a little bit (much easier via phone than the laptop I am currently using).

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    SuziQ ~ Thanks for the laugh! :)
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Lol
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,744 Member
    Options
    Ooo
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    o:)>:)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,830 Member
    Options
    Suzie Q - Lol.... to funny...
    Well I did end up getting dressed and made the bed and that was the extent of it...going to being Dan to work and pick Homer up and will be in for the day with Tal...
    Will do dishes tomorrow..