WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2020

Options

Replies

• SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    @SophieRosieMom
    I am looking forward to the TP test results. I think it may last almost three times as long. The prediction is based upon my limited experience. I only have one in my household so results will differ. :smiley:
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options

Thank you for sending through an article supporting what I have been saying for the past seven days. :smile: It certainly makes it more real with the visuals. I am thinking someone needs to post something like this up in Times Square and other highly seen digital signage locations.

Reminds me of the "and she tells two friends and so on and so on" Faberge commercial. Geez, that was 20 years ago!

Doing my part to stop the spread.
    SuziQ - SFL
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,364 Member
    Options

Karen - thank you for sharing.
    Very sobering. I hadn't thought past what would happen if the lovely young people who have offered to drop off things for us become ill for a while. But that could certainly happen. :( Going to take another inventory today. We should be good for the long haul.

SuziQ - the TP test is being conducted with the roll my my bathroom. My DH uses his own bathroom for TP-required activities :p

Agree that the WaPo article needs to be more widely circulated.

In the meantime, sanitize, glove up, avoid crowds. I see a Yakima County in Eastern WA has instituted a mandatory shelter in place policy. Surprised that larger counties like King County (Seattle) haven't done so; perhaps they have. I don't access the news much.
    Lanette
    SW WA State
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Options
    Rita: Happy to hear that you got through to your doctor and meds are on their way. :heart:
  • Katla49
    Options
    Has anyone heard from Sharon AKA Trucker? I got a message from her the other day and can't seem to get back to her. She was sounding desperate for food. I believe she is back in WA State.

Katla
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Well ordered some food online to ship to me. What a fight JRs peanut butter was sold out before I could checkout online! So no peanut butter sorry JR. I did get some soups y 2 bags of tortilla chips. So guess what I’ll be eating in 2 weeks or longer! Wasn’t meat soups but egg noodle one,bean one,broccoli cheese,y cream of mushroom soup.Better than nothing. $42 worth. Sheesh fight to get that even. JR won’t eat soups but I sure will!

EBay has face masks available at the moment in case your in nursing or dental or even in childcare to elder care. $27 for 5 or $8 for 1. Funny how no medical grade N95 masks are now medical. I think future masks need to all be medical grade y N95 at once
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/324112453959

Amber Tx

Stay strong guys. I got 1 honey bun left for JR we’re keeping his calories up since he’s growing again . His shoes getting tight. Saw one clothing site went into Facebook a person writes I want then cut back side pickup for the kids clothes. I don’t have Facebook think Daughter might if worse comes to worse that or eBay for what he needs. His God mom sent a box of clothes for him to grow into think socks so keeping my eyes out for it.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,580 Member
    Options
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    This post tells you which materials are most effective, and which will actually let you breathe:
    https://nypost.com/2020/03/20/doctors-are-now-running-out-of-face-masks-heres-how-to-make-your-own/

And this one tells you how to actually sew one if you are a sewist: https://buttoncounter.com/2018/01/14/facemask-a-picture-tutorial/

And a whole bunch of 'em: https://so-sew-easy.com/face-mask-sewing-patterns/
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Has anyone heard from NY Karen? I hope she and her family are safe.

Carol in GA
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    @SuziQ113 it's still chilly here lots so i wear a down jacket and wool jacket. if i clean them that's more germs.
    (drycleaners or drycleaning machine. i guess i could wipe them w vinegar or somethign and only go to shops with sweater layers and a washable light jacket; i certinly haven't been doing that last weeks nor has anyone i know.

i wear jeans a few days. most pants 2-4 wears. i actually don't have many pairs. but i guess i can wear a pair on a shopping day...
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    @SophieRosieMom thanks for the good news! we need that.

@KetoneKaren the washington post article has a paywall

i spent so much time prepping distance classes for tomorrow. it's like double the time as regular classes.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    EBay took down the item I just bought. I tried to call but no workers anymore. I messaged seller to ask. I’ve never had this happen before .

o5ducj9oeq1i.png
    wzojbrd0ho78.png

I might just be out of $28 there no longer a good site it seems. No way to cancel or get refunds now.