Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3<3<3
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Recieved in the mail today from the CDC.
    w45oqdq355zg.jpg
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    News on Corona y babies to nursing homes. Not for the faint of heart.Also advice for cleaning after newborns up right now.
    Beer has yeast in it baking tip

Starting to think homes safer than the nursing homes y adult care centers at the moment
    Beer has yeast too but you got to wrestle it away from the drinkers in the family lol 😂. Warm room temp beer add it dough it will rise.

Prince Charles has Corona mild case 71 yrs old
    https://apple.news/A-BFdYUbYQoaB-HNJzoL9qA

2 month old baby girl in Virginia has Corona pray for her (Tell Moms SKIP tummy time for the time being) /also 2yr old girl/ a baby boy.
    London has a newborn with it mother was positive for it also gave it to baby. Stay safe stroller plastic rain covers for rainy day’s tell family use them if they take baby out! Protects baby more than having nothing but watch hot areas not good for hottest days to be on . Pram covers are not for heat waves!

https://apple.news/A2ASZy6uBQtObXAq0NBj8sQ

https://www.heart.co.uk/lifestyle/parenting/do-not-cover-baby-pram-during-heatwave/

Keep the grandkids to all babies safe . The recommendations I can give is no binky right now in public especially if have to go out just hands you can wash off (binky fall too much when in public into surfaces! Remember it lives 3days on plastics)
    Wash toys off with a wet wash cloth soaked in diluted Lysol or bleach type waters hit what dirty hands y mouths touch.
    Limit toys if need be rotate them.
    Bleach in laundry for washing pillows to blankets for the family.
    Wipe down those crips to high chairs they love to mouth them!
    Teething rings wash daily don’t use nonwashable ones! Crinkle papers toys 🧸 are not worth it right now !
    Wash teddy bear my Doctor said that security blanket or toy needs to be washed every week at least.
    Do Not reuse bottles y sipper cups a bunch wash off after every use if possible. Yes more dishes but safer

Amber Tx
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Yummy veggie rice recipe

https://youtu.be/lcL6D_BiEek

Rice 🍚 cooker recipe can also use insta pot

what She saying pretty much (I only understand every few words)

1.Rice rinse then refill let it soak while you go to step 2.
    2. Cut up carrot 🥕 y green onion chives place in bowl
    3. In another bowl slice sausage or chorizo
    4. In bowl mix 2 eggs 🥚 or 2 servings egg whites add a little oil pour into rice
    5. In skillet add sausage or chorizo to cook brown then add your bowl of veggies cook awhile then add some canned corn heat some more. Add 2 Tablespoons soy sauce, 1/2 tsp salt stir y cook more
    6. In Instapot it rice 🍛 🍚 maker add your rice mixture from 4 then add a cup of water.
    7. Now add on top of rice your browned meat y veggies so they can finish cooking spread it out to cover top of rice fully .
    8. Turn on wait when done stir y serve top with more chives
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,557 Member
    Options
    Pppp
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,058 Member
    Options
    Thank you Barbara. I am starting to get some feedback on the mask. With feedback I decided to add the paper towel cover. One thing I noticed with a bigger version of the scarf is I can tuck my hair up into so that addresses Machka comment. The wires I believe are aluminum as is the tape so the virus can live on it but it also lives on the paper of the disposable masks that is why I added the paper layer. I also believe in spraying it with a essential oil mist that kills viruses. I also believe this mask could be used on children. Currently there are no masks for children. To appeal to them many fun fabric choices can be made. What I have showed you is my prototype. I am currently setting up a room in our home designated to making these. I hope to start making the ones I want to first give to family memember who are Doctors and nurses with use this if your other supplies run low or decide you want to give it a try and see what you think. I have put it out there for others to make it if they like it Go For IT!
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Mopped my floors with bleach water so JR can play on them yesterday . I need to vacuum the rest still. Not sure if carpets need shampooed with the new virus or not?? I been washing rugs for sure.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/cleaning-disinfection.html

Been reading up

Amber Tx
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Okay my city is nuts! Explain to me why the counsel says their precious Golf 🏌️ ⛳️ 🏌️‍♀️ course is Exempt from the shut down???

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2020/03/25/these-are-the-businesses-that-areare-not-exempt-in-san-antonios-stay-home-work-safe-emergency-orders/

Amber Tx

Bicycle 🚲 shop- transportation for many here to farmers market are open that makes sense. Why is a golf course seen as not a pickup delivery for food y rest of it shut down like the gyms? This is like the cigarette bans in certain areas but allows cigars.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,350 Member
    Options
    Did Cathe Drill Max DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do Barry’s Bootcamp Upper and Lower Body DVD’s. These are new ones

Amber – glad your order was cancelled. Thanks for the South video. I’m a bit surprised that they didn’t make mention of NASCAR being cancelled. The part I liked the best was about the mass on tv and the guy sprayed a bottle of perfume around the house so he felt like he was really there.

Annie DE – thanks for telling me about the lockdown. I wonder if this affects Denise or not?

M – oh, that cat posting is so true!

KJ – I just texted Denise to ask her how that lockdown is affecting her and Pete. Do they consider tug boat workers essential? It makes total sense that you watch only children of essential workers. I’m guessing that you got some new kiddos

Gotta run to WalMart. Having Jess here (while I love having her here) is increasing our food needs. What I mean is that I’m used to buying food etc for two. There are just some things that I’m running out of (like hot dog rolls) that I wouldn’t have had it just been the two of us. She doesn’t like the hot dog rolls frozen. Well, THAT’S just too bad. If she doesn’t like it frozen (and defrosted), then she can just do without. I WILL NOT go to the store just to get fresh bread. NO WAY.

Went to WalMart. Store pretty empty. You know, they say they are closing early so they can restock. What are they restocking? The shelves are still pretty empty. And I think most people are finished hoarding, they realize there will still be food. You don’t have to buy 15 of a certain item. Just got what I needed from there. Also, more and more stores are putting limits on how many of a certain item you can buy. But I didn't see anything in WM about that. I'll probably need to go this Friday after the soup kitchen to pick up a prescription.

Went to the bank with Vince. Oh, to get out of the house!

On the way out of WalMart is took some of their wipes. Can they get any smaller? Anyway, I was going to buy gas but didn’t since we need to go to SC this weekend. We’ll just buy it in SC. So I used some of the wipes to wipe down my steering wheel, etc. You know what I did? There were 2 bottles of the Lysol concentrate. I had gotten some of the small packages of tissues at the dollar store the other day. What I’m thinking I can do is make up some of the concentrate, wet down the tissues, Keep them in a travel soap holder, and I’ll have wipes. Only thing is…I wonder if the tissues will start to dissolve? I guess I can try it with some of the tissues we have in the house and if they do start to get funny, I can always return the ones from the dollar store. If they do get funny, I'll get more paper towels and cut them. I’ll need to go get Colby an Easter card. I’d forgotten to get one last time I was there.

Anyone who is in “lockdown” or “stay at home”. How is this enforced?

I don’t remember who, but someone suggested I ask Jess to plan at least one meal/week. Well, to be honest, I almost don’t want to because I know the answer to “what do you want for dinner tonight”. The answer will be “I don’t know, why don’t we go to Olive Garden and get take out”. We have food at home, we don’t need to go out.

My goals for today were to vacuum the whole house and put out the rest of the ceramics. Both of which I did.

My permanent crown came in early so I’m going to the dentist tomorrow to get it

Katla – thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, it doesn’t tell you which are open and which are closed due to the virus

Cheri – congrats to your daughter! Lovely home. I like any home that’s all on one level. Does she have a basement?

Amber – car dealerships??? You don’t need to buy a new car. However, the service areas, to me, are necessary. Liquor stores??? Like you NEED liquor . Realtors??? You really need to look at homes???

Michele NC
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Anyone who is in “lockdown” or “stay at home”. How is this enforced?

Michele NC

Not well. Even though it is an order from the governor, there are so many exceptions, so a lot of people are still out. We are being very good today. I always think it's amazing when we go a day or two and not one of the five of us has gone out for anything, except to walk the dog or work in the yard.

Kate Brown (our governor) said that we would be charged with a fine ($1500) and possible jail time (30 days) if we are in violation, but I don't know that it will actually be enforced. Businesses which don't have a huge public facing operation (like construction, auto repair/service, etc) can be open as long as they have a social distancing policy and someone in the company appointed to oversee the policy. 10 houses are being constructed, as I type, at the end of our street, and they have been working continually. But they aren't right on top of each other, and yesterday, one of the workers had a face mask on, so they are being careful. When my husband took his car in for the estimate, the shop was using very careful social distancing protocols, for example.

For a contrasting example, one of our local burger shops was trying to abide by the take out only model, and when we went to pick something up, people were at the outside tables eating. Two days later, they are shut down. So someone is enforcing the policy.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    <3