WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2020

Replies

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,701 Member
    I m away for 12 hours and it takes me 2 hours to catch up! Love you ladies!

Weather was gorgeous today! We strung a rope across the open front doors with a sign that said STOP! Again, I had to tell a couple of customers that they were getting too close. What part of 6 ft do folks not understand? We had to go to pet store for dental sticks and doggie food. Wore my gloves, hand sanitized them when got to truck. Stopped at grocery for yogurt and berries. Got canned green beans (the only kind my husband eats). Still no beets or frozen veggies. Did get a whole chicken and some chicken breasts. The few people shopping were practicing social distancing. Good thing we are still okay on TP. After grocery sanitized and discarded gloves.

Lannette- We like "brinner" also known as breakfast for dinner. Omelettes, toast, and applesauce. Fast and easy.

Machka That report was extremely insightful. The red tape in the US is ridiculous. So is the "me" attitude. Smh! If folks had thought about their mowers while we twiddle thumbs this winter they wouldn't be needing to visit us at work and waiting for their turn in parking lot.

Love the art, funnies, tips, and advice. Amber- We had fried rice last night for dinner- yummy!

Time for sleep!

😴❤
    Kylia in Ohio
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Michele - so true!!

I know they say check up on older family members during this but also we need to check up on younger relatives. One 42yr old Nurse died positive her 4yr old son wasn’t discovered until a Family Member who had a check in with me daily demand called police. Baby was alone 12-16hours approx with the body y no adult. It may be I’ll now given to Father who didn’t live with them y is being tested. So check on family so important right now especially if their Single Parents! Georgia she did mammograms.

Their thinking of imposing a Universal Do Not Resuscitate orders are many of not all USA hospitals 🏥. As a mom of a toddler this isn’t what I want them to do https://apple.news/AwyJGGCfyTsaQkw2RSmZlHg

Amber Tx

Goodnight all.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited March 2020
    Keep the kids off TikTok Challenges! Some moron started a lick public toilet seat challenge now someone’s positive for it in California cause the teen did it!

yffe4bvwssir.jpeg

He should have been cutting his parents grass instead!

Amber Tx

If they don’t listen by the child proof toilet latches like their a baby 👶 to keep them out of it
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,586 Member
    edited March 2020
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: invested 10 mins cleaning Master Bth, called Cousin Jim, PMd neighbor, ask council secretary to email past two meetings’ minutes,
    Bonus: started Science of Happiness course, 8 mins vacuuming ;)
    Get to do: invest 10 mins cleaning Dining Rm, stroll with Barb and Tracie, post office, recycling, call Daddy Derk, finish Aunt Elsie’s stove and test light oven, compile North County congregation contacts, make tacos, bake something for Joe, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, Reward: inventory seeds, plan garden, order replenishments.
    Coping Calendar Day 6: Call someone:
    Surprised Cousin Jim by calling HIM for a change. Messaged neighbor offering help.

Karen in VA
    , (Annie in DE et al): don’t know what I was thinking, that Yale course is tough and will require more than my usual casual commitment. Thanks for the immunity info, you are my trusted source.
    Pip :love:
    Heather “serenity prayer” Hah! Really appreciate the Penny update, thank you.
    Lisa Hands… washing hands!!! :lol:
    Rita sorry for my unasked-for advice. Welcome to vent any time, we’re here for you, you rebel you!
    Amber “. . . and my family just stood around”… :laugh: Golf courses exempt from lockdown but not churches? SMH! As for that challenge, try to think of it as evolution in action.
    Beth that is an amazing extended fast accomplishment. Wow. Just WOW.
    SuziQ “. . . you may be eligible” “…sixth walk today” :laugh:
    Lanette “. . . thought was a feta cheese crumble..” :lol: “…from the refrigerator” true that, and the pantry, and the wine rack.
    Allie ((hugs))
    Machka “…getting dropped” :laugh:
    Ginny praying your GS just has a cold or an allergy and not C-19.
    Sue in WA prayers said for DD’s friend and her brother. Shocked no Tylenol in SD.
    Barbie with Zoom, can Jake see all his friends at one time in different “panes”? Or does it change to whoever is speaking?
    Sharon I’ve been thinking of “Caves of Steel” too but more of "The Naked Sun". Joe and his gas station buddy think “The Stand” and “The Earth Abides.” ;}

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    March: better than February.
    daily: steps=3335 vits=23 log=25 CI<CO=16 CI<250<CO=9 Tumble & Shadow 5=1 mfp=25 clean 10 mins=20 outside=9 up hill=7
    wkly: BB&B x3=9, rx=3 dance=4 pack walk=2
    mnthly: board mtg=1 grant= review 20for20=0
    bonus: AF=13 play=3 sew=0
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,206 Member
    edited March 2020
    Allie I am just so glad you got back home. There now people stuck on Cruise ships and no one will let them on their soil. There is a couple stuck in Peru because all the borders are closed. You may be amoung the last group of foriengers who got the see Peru.

This is why I was so frantic early on because my DH has kidney cancer and one kidney now and is 71. I made a promise to him I will not take him to the hospital if he gets sick I will treat him here at home. I think others our age have already realized this and will not go into the hospital so the numbers they are quoting are off. Remember I was not counted in the Swine Flu because I never went to the doctor.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,613 Member
    Good article, Machka. Thanks.

There are around 1,000 tourists stuck in Peru. The UK sent a plane yesterday for 250 Brits. Still 150 left.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,412 Member
    Barbara The nice thing about auditing this course is you can decide how much time you want to commit. Even if you decide to get the certificate, you can go at your own pace. I'm just auditing. Or, you could do what Barbie is doing, listening to the podcast series entitled "The Happiness Lab with Dr. Laurie Santos".

SuziQ Brought tears to my eyes too. What a voice. Reina Özbay is only 10 years old! Amazing. Thank you for posting that inspirational video. I posted it to my FB page just now.

PennyPennyPenny <3<3<3

Heather <3

Karen in Virginia
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,074 Member
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,701 Member
    <3
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    edited March 2020
    Penny - Such a lift to see you posting, and to know you're home and safe!

Heather - I have the same I'm-right-and-you're-wrong disease. But, like you, I don't indulge in "I told you so." It did, however, take my husband about five years to figure out that when I end a discussion or a statement of any kind with, "But I could be wrong," it actually means "I'm right but it's not worth arguing." :) Many happy returns to your lovely daughter-in-law.

Just staying at home, but not very different than my norm, after all. Supposed to get up to 86 F today (30 C) for a little preview of summer. Got a Walmart pickup slated for tomorrow morning. I now have them sign for me (which they offer) when I pickup, so I have no contact at all.

Then I take them home and wipe everything down. Below is a family physician who posted a really terrific idea on how to do just that - it's long, but has some tips and some really good thought processes behind what he's proposing. And he uses the glitter technique!

https://youtu.be/sjDuwc9KBps

I will try to remember later to come back and tell you of my sister's theory that all this is a lie - there is no disease...

Off to the elliptical and the shower, and then the workday begins.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • KetoneKaren
    edited March 2020
    Heather Here you go, you ungrateful wench.

<3<3<3

LOL!!!!!

I love you.
  • KetoneKaren
    Heather And by the way, I wanted to mention that I know it's taking you some backbone to look at those diaries.

>>>

If I don't say "I told you so" I can feel all virtuous. Silver lining. :D:D:D

>>>

Karen in Virginia
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,847 Member
    Good morning all! Happy Thursday! I slept well again last night. I am sure the reason for that is because I heard back from all of my childcare parents last night. They were all very kind and supportive and all have agreed to continue paying my wages until my spots fill with children of essential workers. As each email came in, from each family, I was in tears. I have always known I have been very lucky in my career to have amazingly caring families. But this is an unusual circumstance that makes many cling to everything they have. You know, kind of go into "survival" mode. So I really wasn't sure what type of financial aid I would receive from them. I am so humbled and grateful. Another plus, we heard from our mortgage company and they are deferring our payments for two months with no penalty/added interest or fees. So...now it is just down to utility payments and credit card payments. Manageable.
    KarenVA and others- Oh, believe me, I was on the phone and sending emails to the local hospital, healthcare/urgent care offices, home health businesses, grocery stores, etc. and sending out messages to my friends in emergency service and other essential jobs. Giving them my name and contact info and permission to give it out. I have also posted on our local "information" page. I talked to someone at the ISD, yesterday, and explained that I haven't heard from anyone and she mentioned that most people are looking for those closest to them and just taking the first person who says that they can watch their children. Because I am further outside of town (about 5 miles), it may take some time before I fill up. But she was pretty sure I would fill up within a week or two.
    Lisa- DH and I got a giggle at Neil Diamond's new lyrics. Even my son, who only knows this song because of baseball (the Red Socks, I think), thought this song was hilarious. AND I NEVER would have recognized him. His voice hasn't changed, however. Sweet Caroline has a special place in my heart/memories of my late, younger sister.
    Penny- So good to hear from you! I am so glad you made it home to "shelter". Would have been misery to be quarantined away from the comforts of home. I wonder if the polar bears sense the lack of outside activity and are moving in to check things out?
    Cheri- I am so happy to see your posts and hear how your daughter is faring! Cute little house! Your blankets are lovely. If I were not working, crochet or knitting is on my "something to learn" list to while away the time. BUT...I still have the same amount of spare time I had before. Maybe an hour or two more, as everything is closed now.
    SuziQ, Machka, Amber and others- Keep the funnies coming! I love to laugh!

It is Make Up Your Own Holiday Day, today; so I have designated today as Have a Ball Day at daycare today. So my living room is filled with all sorts of balls for the kids to play with. Ball games and ball play in the yard. Hugs to all! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)