Coronavirus prep

Replies

• whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    mph323 wrote: »
    The CA bay area is a hot spot right now, but the beaches were still crowded yesterday. I honestly wonder if people think they can't get infected if they're outdoors?

And they are driving up to the Sierra foothills to recreate, ignoring the stay at home order.

• Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,135 Member
    edited March 2020
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    The CA bay area is a hot spot right now, but the beaches were still crowded yesterday. I honestly wonder if people think they can't get infected if they're outdoors?

Well R. Paul the senator is infected but he did go to senate gym and swam in the pool while he was awaiting confirmation... >:) (https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/488921-sinema-criticizes-paul-for-alleged-behavior-ahead-of-coronavirus-test-results ), so there are a lot of stupid and ill informed people in this world and country that prefer to stick their heads in the sand rather than confronting the reality of the present health situation, and the consequences of their careless actions.

OMG! I saw he was infected and expect we'll see more simply because political figures have contact with so many different people. I'm appalled at the irresponsible behavior - others who have been exposed (let alone waiting on test results) have done the right thing and isolated themselves.

Paul attended a major black-tie social event in Louisville, Kentucky, two weeks ago where several attendees have subsequently tested positive, including the wife of Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell told fellow senators Sunday in a lunch that Paul got tested because he had been at that event, several Republican sources told CNN

b]Upon learning the news, Utah Sens. Mike Lee and Mitt Romney both announced they'd be self-quarantining.[/b]
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,135 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Gisel2015 wrote: »

Well R. Paul the senator is infected but he did go to senate gym and swam in the pool while he was awaiting confirmation... >:) (https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/488921-sinema-criticizes-paul-for-alleged-behavior-ahead-of-coronavirus-test-results ), so there are a lot of stupid and ill informed people in this world and country that prefer to stick their heads in the sand rather than confronting the reality of the present health situation, and the consequences of their careless actions.

And he's a doctor :neutral:

And he lost part of a lung after being attacked by a neighbor a couple of years ago.... :(
  • smithker75
    smithker75 Posts: 80 Member
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    New Zealand is now at Level 3 for the next 48 hours (to allow essential services to get ready), and then we are Level 4 for the next four weeks. That's pretty much total shut down. No restaurants, bars, takeaways. Just supermarkets, pharmacies, medical centres, things like that.

We (Australia) just entered that level yesterday. All non-essential services are closed from midday today. My state is still keeping schools open but local government is allowing parents to withdraw kids from school without penalty.
    I work in Education Management and we are working through red tape to potentially operate our childcare centers 24 hours a day to accommodate working parents.
  • smithker75
    smithker75 Posts: 80 Member
    I went out both Saturday and Sunday -- I had errands, but it had the feel of what in my youth was called "going for a Sunday drive," where you piled into the car and just drove someplace, maybe looking at houses or flowers or scenery in a more rural area ... No need to have human contact that could spread a virus just because you get in your car for a drive.

We have been staying home as much as possible for a couple of weeks now. We went out 'driving just for the sake of it' twice over the weekend with our learner driver son just to get out.