Coronavirus prep

Options

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,987 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Attention Australians - this video on the Coronavirus Meme thread is a Must Watch

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/45590200/#Comment_45590200

:D:D:D

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    @missysippy930 Wish I could give your post 1000 likes.
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    ElioraFR wrote: »

I too can’t understand why the US would not block all incoming flights from the UK immediately. Would it ruin a political relationship or something? If eu countries are doing so to slow down Cov19 what can be the problem with the US doing so?

Dr. Fauci was interviewed last night on, The News Hour, on PBS. This question came up. He said the vaccine will respond to the mutated forms of the virus. He said that it’s possible, that the mutated form in the UK may already be here, and that they will be checking the tests to see whether it is here already.

We have the new COVID here in Rome. A woman on a flight from England who was tested before leaving (negative result) has it. She and her SO are isolated. Everyone on the plane was tested (a few days have passed) and there are a few with the new mutant which I believe will be called "Spike" by the media. It is 60% more contagious than the COVID that we've got now. Ha! Merry Christmas! ---that's sarcastic.

I remember seeing this graph in Time a few months back: the virus mutates all the time. Eventually, I'm sure we'll have a cocktail of two or three different vaccine strains in one injection, like we do for the flu shot.

u6czczdsu5ka.jpg

Also, I share because it's one of the best-designed charts overall I've ever seen. :)