Coronavirus prep

Options

Replies

• TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    I don’t know what it is about laundromats. My daughter says there are a lot of unmasked people there when she goes too. As far as cough drops go, my mother and husband have them all the time. I guess it helps with dry mouth issues. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Laundromats, just like any other building, should have a security officer at the door insisting on a mask before entering and possibly doing temperature checks. Also, hand sanitization on the way in. This is all "normal" everywhere I go now.

In the US many laundromats are unstaffed on a regular basis and often a minimal number of customers at any one time. They aren't going to hire a security guard and nobody is going to apply for a job as an unarmed security to enforce mask mandates at $12 an hour.

Yes I can see the "business" considerations that go into that operational model. Here, after the lockdown, during the phased reopening, businesses had to show they could comply with the new COVID protocols. Seems like that laundromat would still be closed if they put up that argument here.
  • ElioraFR
    ElioraFR Posts: 91 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options

I too can’t understand why the US would not block all incoming flights from the UK immediately. Would it ruin a political relationship or something? If eu countries are doing so to slow down Cov19 what can be the problem with the US doing so?
  • ElioraFR
    ElioraFR Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Ok so 50, yes that is 50 countries ban travel from the UK, not the US?

Unbelievable absolutely unbelievable.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Having just made a 32 hour road trip this weekend to Brandywine, MD (DC area) by way of Nashville TN through Virginia to pick up a 2015 Nissan Leaf EV to use as a parts car to rebuild our 2016 Leaf SL that got totaled last month due to an 18 year old guy running a red light we saw first hand how coronavirus prep seriousness varies.

To lower our exposure risk we skipped the hotel idea and just got 2 hours of sleep in the truck since the yard did not open to 8 AM then got back on the way to KY. Northern Virigina, DC and Maryland had a lot mask wearers. In TN walking into a Minute Mart wearing a mask could lead to seeing the clerk reaching for the sky and seeing fear on their face. The Covid-19 prep memo DID NOT make it TN!

Just curious, did you get stopped at any border or during your travels? Glad you made it safely and WTH is up with not wearing masks in TN? Don't people realize it takes a unified effort?