Guys/Girls: What is your real opinion on..

Options

Replies

• AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    Weight is about more than poundage. Both my partners are currently overweight. He will take it off when the PTSD that he is coping with by comfort eating (Since, thanks, home state, he can't smoke herb and hold a job). And she has eaten to deal with her psychological issues and because she was in pain from a broken back. But she is losing weight, and he will be able to in due course. I don't love them because of their shape. I love them for who they are.

BUT

There are things that she and I can't do, like take walks together, because with the weight on, her back is too bad. We can't go to stores and walk round and shop. We can't go to concerts because she doesn't fit in the seats. And yeah, I'm not happy about this. But I know that she didn't put on 300 extra pounds overnight, and she won't take it off overnight. (I'm not taking off my extra eighty pounds overnight, either, to be fair.) And when I got into a relationship with her, I did it knowing that our fun together would be sitting and talking or sitting and gaming together, not actively out doing things.

I think if being active is a cornerstone of your life, and your partner can't be active, it's going to cause some issues in the relationship.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    steph6556 wrote: »
    @slimgirljo15, thank you for that! I was all worried that I sounded paranoid 🙃 I like your new artsy PP

You're welcome, and thank you 🙂
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    If you’re man tells you you’re gaining weight is he the a-hole or at the beginning of the relationship just says he prefers a thinner woman is he an a-hole? If your man starts gaining weight - not for a bulk stage just getting loose in the cage - you telling him ?? I didn’t read all of the thread so if this is already been hashed out - well.. my bad

i dont think he is a *kitten* at all, i would appreciate the honesty

but i also would literally never be in a relationship with him bc of my own issues like feeling like i’m never thin enough anyways, even at my thinnest i still got big *kitten* and hips and i hate it, so i would just never ever feel good about how i looked

different body part, but same

🤔think we could pose as one person and get online therapy and split the cost?!

• Vikka_V
    edited October 2020
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    If you’re man tells you you’re gaining weight is he the a-hole or at the beginning of the relationship just says he prefers a thinner woman is he an a-hole? If your man starts gaining weight - not for a bulk stage just getting loose in the cage - you telling him ?? I didn’t read all of the thread so if this is already been hashed out - well.. my bad

I had a similar thought but on the reverse end...what if SO says stop losing weight or youre too thin?

For your question...
    For me I wouldn't say anything unless they said something. Then I would be gently honest. And I would want the same. Its not like we are unaware...so if I ask your preference or if you think I've put on too much weight tell me in a kind way your thoughts.
    I had a similar thought but on the reverse end...what if SO says stop losing weight or youre too thin?

To me this is a 'red flag'
    ...both, for me to re-assess my body condition, and that someone else has an "objection" to my 'goal' body condition
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    Nice dialog here mfp’ers - Thanks for the candid replies 👏
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    ladies of mfp-

"aww thank you" doesn't really mean aww thank you does it?
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    ladies of mfp-

Nope
  • iMago
    Options
    ladies of mfp-

Nope

somehow i knew somehow i always knew
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    ladies of mfp-

It can either mean she thinks she’s way out of your league but wants to be nice

or its her attempt to put grown up words to that *squee* feeling when a guy is being so adorable that you have to physically make yourself stop gushing for fear of calling him cute

I don’t envy dudes tryna figure this out
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    ladies of mfp-

Nope

somehow i knew somehow i always knew

u4a1x85jsluu.gif
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    CacoEther wrote: »
    ladies of mfp-

or its her attempt to put grown up words to that *squee* feeling when a guy is being so adorable that you have to physically make yourself stop gushing for fear of calling him cute

do you have, like... a chart or a graph or something for us to follow on this one ??
  • iMago
    Options
    Guys.....

Do you really like it when we play hard to get?

it depends
  • iMago
    Options
    ladies of mfp-

aww you're so sweet
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    ladies of mfp-

do you have, like... a chart or a graph or something for us to follow on this one ??

If she follows up with “have a good weekend” she aint in it
  • Vikka_V
    Options
    ladies of mfp-

Depends on who I'm saying it to, and to what I'm saying it to

Hope that helps!
  • iMago
    Options
    Guys.....

it depends

On?

if its past midnight or not

Why can’t guys just be straightforward and easy to figure out like us women 😭

because then yall would get bored pretty quickly
  • Vikka_V
    Options
    ladies of mfp-

Had to answer a second time

What do you say when a family member gives you a tacky x-mas gift you know is going straight to the good will, and spells your name wrong on the tag...?

Or

What do you say when someone you like gives you a super random compliment that catches you off guard?

Hope I helped even more!
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    Guys.....

it depends

On?

if its past midnight or not

ha0wroo5sc02.gif