Guys/Girls: What is your real opinion on..

Options

Replies

• ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    A week without a post?

Ladies and gentlemen, what is your tolerance ratio? How many unattractive qualities vs attractive qualities are acceptable in your partners?

Numbers mandatory, explanations optional. Mine...

1:6

(as in, for every one unattractive quality, he must have six attractive ones. And no, not just physical qualities, I'm not a monster or...?!)

And don't at my (in)correct usage of ratios. Numbers make it true.

oh i have an whole algorithm that takes into account tolerance to my multiple iterations of personality divided by time, factoring in the inevitable decline in attention and subtracting for every disagreement where i wasnt directly at fault, then adding in the reminder and rounding up if passwords are easy to guess.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    A whole, fleshed out algorithm means I may have to propose to you again @sweet_ermengarde!
  • MaltedTea
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    If you’re man tells you you’re gaining weight is he the a-hole or at the beginning of the relationship just says he prefers a thinner woman is he an a-hole? If your man starts gaining weight - not for a bulk stage just getting loose in the cage - you telling him ?? I didn’t read all of the thread so if this is already been hashed out - well.. my bad

So like...will they also be concerned if I'm losing weight? If not, high probability of a-holeness. If they generally prefer "thinner" women that would need to be defined by them since it's quite subjective, no?

Would I say something if my partner's weight fluctuated in a relatively short time period? If I had a genuine health concern (as opposed to a some odd aesthetic one), then yes.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    If you’re man tells you you’re gaining weight is he the a-hole or at the beginning of the relationship just says he prefers a thinner woman is he an a-hole? If your man starts gaining weight - not for a bulk stage just getting loose in the cage - you telling him ?? I didn’t read all of the thread so if this is already been hashed out - well.. my bad

So like...will they also be concerned if I'm losing weight? If not, high probability of a-holeness. If they generally prefer "thinner" women that would need to be defined by them since it's quite subjective, no?

Would I say something if my partner's weight fluctuated in a relatively short time period? If I had a genuine health concern (as opposed to a some odd aesthetic one), then yes.

Fair enough- Assuming that he/she is attracted to his/her present amount of thinness - well leave that up to the beholder .. if they begin to gain weight or fall out of shape let’s say.. and not due to pregnancy or some other health related issue - say just gets complacent and doesn’t have the same desire for health and fitness they did at the beginning- if one says something are they an a-hole - i appearance is not everything but it is something no?
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,626 Member
    Options

I had a similar thought but on the reverse end...what if SO says stop losing weight or youre too thin?

For your question...
    For me I wouldn't say anything unless they said something. Then I would be gently honest. And I would want the same. Its not like we are unaware...so if I ask your preference or if you think I've put on too much weight tell me in a kind way your thoughts.
  • MaltedTea
    edited October 2020
    Options
    *snip*
    Fair enough- Assuming that he/she is attracted to his/her present amount of thinness - well leave that up to the beholder .. if they begin to gain weight or fall out of shape let’s say.. and not due to pregnancy or some other health related issue - say just gets complacent and doesn’t have the same desire for health and fitness they did at the beginning- if one says something are they an a-hole - i appearance is not everything but it is something no?

So you made me think a smidgen. Looking into my past, I don't think I could be described as someone with an aesthetic/physical type.

I like brains, initiative, personality and a bit of extra...well, that last factor is not for sharing on a family forum.

ETA: No, it's not a "physical factor," you filthy animals 🤣
  • steph6556
    steph6556 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    ^^^i totally get what you’re saying but I don’t wanna touch this one with a ten foot pole.
  • steph6556
    Options
    It’s one of those subjects everyone has a strong opinion on and no matter how eloquently I respond I’ll inevitably tap into someone else’s, “ oh no you didn’t” territory!😬
  • steph6556
    Options
    Haha!! No wayyy Jose. 😉
  • steph6556
    Options
    See, you did that perfectly!

I will say however (since you just gave me some courage) that SOMEtimes ppl need to be offended. It’s good for them. Not every thing in life has to go down smooth.
  • steph6556
    Options
    ^^^how did this pop up just happen to my convo?
  • steph6556
    Options
    How did the AD get removed?? It sounds like I’m talking to you @Princessp378 and I’m not! There was a random comment in between our nice chat and I was ranting at him😊
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    steph6556 wrote: »
    How did the AD get removed?? It sounds like I’m talking to you @Princessp378 and I’m not! There was a random comment in between our nice chat and I was ranting at him😊

It was spam, it was flagged by a number of mfpers and then Mods removed it :)
    Actually, I think after so many flags its auto deleted.. or a Mod took it 😁
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    A562Q2S2NJZ22Z6BDYKILGJPUM.gif
  • steph6556
    Options
    @slimgirljo15, thank you for that! I was all worried that I sounded paranoid 🙃 I like your new artsy PP
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    You're a good woman @CacoEther .