Guys/Girls: What is your real opinion on..

Options

Replies

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    hawkeye45_ wrote: »
    Gals:

Say you have a home improvement project that you want done and your significant other has all of the experience, tools, and equipment to get it done by themselves. Do you prefer them to do it all by themselves sooner, or would you rather wait until you both have a day off and get it done together?

If it's at MY house I definitely pitch in.

I've lived this many times. The SO has all of the experience, tools and equipment to do any home improvement project. (He built his own house, by himself.) When my house needs a repair, he does the skill part and I do the easy stuff until it gets to the point where skill is required again. So when half my bathroom had to be gutted and redone, he did the wall replacement, the plumbing and the glass block window (although I had to clean all the glass blocks after they came out before they could be reused) and then I was the one who placed all the tile and did the grout. He installed the grab bars after the tile was done.
  • nitalieben
    nitalieben Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Gals:

Say you have a home improvement project that you want done and your significant other has all of the experience, tools, and equipment to get it done by themselves. Do you prefer them to do it all by themselves sooner, or would you rather wait until you both have a day off and get it done together?

Well, I'd like to join in. Could be fun.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Gals:

Why would I want to do it if they can do it better and sooner? Unless it's something I want input on, like colors/styles of home improvement projects.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Girls:

Do you prefer daily needy "Hello" texts or the strict minimum communication necessary to set up dates?
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    (...) just hire someone who can do the project right the first time (...)
    I'm down for most DYI projects... as long as it doesn't involve electrical stuff. Nearly electrocuted myself once, not eager to give it another shot...
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Slacker16 wrote: »
    Girls:

Do you prefer daily needy "Hello" texts or the strict minimum communication necessary to set up dates?

I prefer random memes or news tidbits in addition to setting up dates. If it goes more than a couple days without anything from either of us, I send something funny just to see if there's still engagement there or whether I'm being ghosted.

If I had to pick strictly between the two, daily good mornings for me.

• CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    Girls:

I'm down for most DYI projects... as long as it doesn't involve electrical stuff. Nearly electrocuted myself once, not eager to give it another shot...

Good morning and good night texts are too much 😣
  • CacoEther
    Options
    CacoEther wrote: »
    Girls:

I text and would like texts all day long...including good morning and good night 😬

Thats too much pressure! 😅
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Gals:

Get 'er done together as long as they don't mind it taking a smidgen longer since I like to learn and will ask questions.
    Girls:

Are the texts needy because they are daily? Is minimum comms only for setting up logistics?

I live blissfully in grey areas so it really depends but if it's truly this either/or scenario, then logistics only.

Caveat: he will need to adjust to my answering such texts only in 3-act emoji structure which he will need to decipher without my assistance.

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Girls:

You said it yourself: Too damn needy. If you have something to share, an interesting story or want to talk to me about something serious, that's fine, but I despise texting people just to say "hello" or "what's up?" especially if it's a person I'm intimately involved with. It just comes across as controlling, desperate and unwarranted and is likely to net you a one way ticket out of my life.
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I'll get all warm and fuzzy initially about frequent texting, but there's a wall that will pop up a little over a week in when it goes from endearing to exhausting unless discussion topics are deep and meaningful.

The guy I'm dating figured out quickly that I need space after we spend a significant amount of time together. A minimum of approx 2 days with zero contact.

zqc9t5sh9377.gif
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Girls/Guys -

How would you feel if you're dating/invested/married to someone that doesn't slash and burn all prior contacts and will cordially respond to any text/call that might be received? Is there a different standard for dating/committed/married?
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    slessofme wrote: »
    Girls/Guys -

How would you feel if you're dating/invested/married to someone that doesn't slash and burn all prior contacts and will cordially respond to any text/call that might be received? Is there a different standard for dating/committed/married?

Doesn't bother me. My SO is friendly with all of his former friends still, all of whom he had before we ever started dating. Even women who have shared a passing interest in him, it still doesn't bother me that they communicate, are friends, etc. And for some of them, we've become friends over the years as well, so yeah, that's been kinda nice.

I wouldn't ask a potential date/partner to slash and burn prior contacts. Not my place and honestly? If I had so many issues that I would only feel comfortable if they did that? That would be a giant red flag that either something is wrong with the relationship already or that something is wrong with me that I need to work on.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Girls/Guys -

complete non-issue.
  • CacoEther
    Options
    Girls/Guys -

I figure if they are in a relationship with me, then it’s because they choose me. Who they talk to or spend time with is their choice

In general I question the wisdom of making people sever contact though. Forbidden fruit and all that
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Girls:

Between the two I'd rather more than less but I'd want the conversation have some sort of point beyond the hi beautiful are you up? Stuff.
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    I'll get all warm and fuzzy initially about frequent texting, but there's a wall that will pop up a little over a week in when it goes from endearing to exhausting unless discussion topics are deep and meaningful.

The guy I'm dating figured out quickly that I need space after we spend a significant amount of time together. A minimum of approx 2 days with zero contact.

zqc9t5sh9377.gif

I don’t consider myself an introvert but this is so me.
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Girls/Guys -

I don't think it's necessary to do all that. I'm on and off freinds with a few of my exs and guys and girls who are interested.
    A girl that I used to party with recently got engaged and got rid of her whole Fb because of it. 🤔
    I have only asked once for a ex to stop being friends with someone once but she was actively hitting on him and sending him pictures of her in her underwear so I feel that that is different.
  • hawkeye45_
    hawkeye45_ Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Girls:

I text and would like texts all day long...including good morning and good night 😬

I'm the same way. And when I meet someone new, I wanna get all up in them DM's and actually see what kind of person they are. Learn about them, the names of their pets, their mother's maiden name, their favorite subject in high school.

Ya know basic stuff.
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    Girls:

I'm the same way. And when I meet someone new, I wanna get all up in them DM's and actually see what kind of person they are. Learn about them, the names of their pets, their mother's maiden name, their favorite subject in high school.

Ya know basic stuff.

But this is okay. You're actually wanting to know about the person, not just randomly "checking in" and getting mad when they don't text you "good morning" back. What you're talking about usually leads to actual conversation. :tongue: