Guys/Girls: What is your real opinion on..

Options

Replies

• CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Everyone - not so much an opinion. How do you use chit chat? When you first enter do you click on the first thread? Go to a certain thread? Lurk to see who's in here? Do you only interact with certain people?

ETA: What exactly does "insightful" mean to you.

I ignore most of chit-chat... whatever the "cool" factor is in this group, I don't have it. I prefer conversational threads and the every so rear serious/thoughtful post. I catch up on wholesome memes a couple of times per month.

Let's talk -

Idon't necessarily see a "cool factor" in here as much as I see a bunch of regulars having a good time. I've seen this said iften around here and it makes me cringe.

Time doesn't always allow me to say more than a few sentences at a time, work is first. Conversational threads are very time consuming and almost too personal at times. I feel like I'm reading someone's diary.

I come here to get a good laugh and to have fun...I don't necessarily think I'm "cool." If anything, I'm probably annoying to many 😂

This
  • will_it_go_round_in_circles
    Options
    CacoEther wrote: »
    Yoshiboobs wrote: »
    Everyone - not so much an opinion. How do you use chit chat? When you first enter do you click on the first thread? Go to a certain thread? Lurk to see who's in here? Do you only interact with certain people?

I usually click on threads that blew up in my sleep. I wanna know what got everyone talking. I usually like this one, what's on your mind mostly for myself to just vent. I generally check most of them but I'm not always monitoring the selfie threads.
    I probably interact with the people I feel most comfortable with but have been trying to branch out. I think that's how others start feeling like outcasts just because they aren't as well known or have much in common with every poster.
    I'm also the person probably doing most of the insightfuls on everyone's posts. It means actually insightful, comically obvious, I think you're being pervy or murderous, 🤷🏻‍♀️. I never mean it in a mean way or picking on anybody.

I know some people hate ‘em but I like the insightfuls 😌

My quiet competitive nature likes anything that moves the scoreboard.
  • CacoEther
    Options
    Yoshiboobs wrote: »

I usually click on threads that blew up in my sleep. I wanna know what got everyone talking. I usually like this one, what's on your mind mostly for myself to just vent. I generally check most of them but I'm not always monitoring the selfie threads.
    I probably interact with the people I feel most comfortable with but have been trying to branch out. I think that's how others start feeling like outcasts just because they aren't as well known or have much in common with every poster.
    I'm also the person probably doing most of the insightfuls on everyone's posts. It means actually insightful, comically obvious, I think you're being pervy or murderous, 🤷🏻‍♀️. I never mean it in a mean way or picking on anybody.

I know some people hate ‘em but I like the insightfuls 😌

My quiet competitive nature likes anything that moves the scoreboard.

Exactly! Although I’m not very competitive

or quiet 🤨
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    guys/girls-

not so much opinion, but a question i guess

how many pairs of shoes do you own?
    and how do you store them when you're not using them; like do you just huck em in the closet and forget about them, or do you keep them on a specific shelf in there, or do you keep them in the boxes until you wear them again?

I live simply so 6ish... I should probably buy new shoes now that I think of it and replace them.
  • CacoEther
    Options
    Guys/girls: how do you respond to someone who tries to dissuade you from liking someone just because they don’t get along with them?
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    guys/girls-

and how do you store them when you're not using them; like do you just huck em in the closet and forget about them, or do you keep them on a specific shelf in there, or do you keep them in the boxes until you wear them again?

Ooh. Lets see

I have winter shoes:

Hunter quilted rain boots
    Snow boots
    Tall brown suede boots
    Mid height lace-up leather boots
    Short black booties with a heel

The tall ones go on a peg rack upside down and the shorter ones on a shelf like this

lsga0fhd7bua.jpg

My summer/dress shoes are mostly sandals, peep toes, and flip flops. A pair of heels and flats, extra running shoes i’m not using.. those go in a shoe storage ottoman thing in my closet

7aei07lnczt2.jpg

My adidas, chucks, and the pair I’m wearing today are on a shelf by the door

an9o4bhee1ok.jpg

They’ve seen better days

Oh and my slippers 😅

8rg22w1nr33m.jpg

They go up where he

mddqi9jdpowb.jpg

can’t reach them 🙄

Incidentally there’s half the pair I’m wearing today because it’s Dec 1th and we still have no snow, no braggin

I sighed happily at the seasonal organization of your shoes @CacoEther. I have zero shoe game but admire those who do...and can keep it all so orderly.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    Guys/girls: how do you respond to someone who tries to dissuade you from liking someone just because they don’t get along with them?

cutoff
  • CacoEther
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    guys/girls-

Ooh. Lets see

I have winter shoes:

Hunter quilted rain boots
    Snow boots
    Tall brown suede boots
    Mid height lace-up leather boots
    Short black booties with a heel

The tall ones go on a peg rack upside down and the shorter ones on a shelf like this

lsga0fhd7bua.jpg

My summer/dress shoes are mostly sandals, peep toes, and flip flops. A pair of heels and flats, extra running shoes i’m not using.. those go in a shoe storage ottoman thing in my closet

7aei07lnczt2.jpg

My adidas, chucks, and the pair I’m wearing today are on a shelf by the door

an9o4bhee1ok.jpg

They’ve seen better days

Oh and my slippers 😅

8rg22w1nr33m.jpg

They go up where he

mddqi9jdpowb.jpg

can’t reach them 🙄

Incidentally there’s half the pair I’m wearing today because it’s Dec 1th and we still have no snow, no braggin

I sighed happily at the seasonal organization of your shoes @CacoEther. I have zero shoe game but admire those who do...and can keep it all so orderly.

Don’t look too closely, there’s lots of dust loitering around
    Options

I ignore most of chit-chat... whatever the "cool" factor is in this group, I don't have it. I prefer conversational threads and the every so rear serious/thoughtful post. I catch up on wholesome memes a couple of times per month.

Let's talk -

I don't necessarily see a "cool factor" in here as much as I see a bunch of regulars having a good time. I've seen this said iften around here and it makes me cringe.

Time doesn't always allow me to say more than a few sentences at a time, work is first. Conversational threads are very time consuming and almost too personal at times. I feel like I'm reading someone's diary.

I come here to get a good laugh and to have fun...I don't necessarily think I'm "cool." If anything, I'm probably annoying to many 😂

That may well be the case. To me, it feels like high school, where all the cool kids are in threads laughing and having a good time, and I'm over in the corner not getting the joke but desperately wanting to be accepted into your group.

To be clear, I don't use the word "cool" as any sort of judgement or evaluation. But like you said, there is a group or regulars that get each other and are generally the ones that drive many of the threads. I routinely feel like an outsider (uncool) in those threads.

I've got news for you - I was one of those people that felt exactly like you do when I first stepped foot in here. This place felt very intimidating to me. I felt like I was being judged by everything I said, was often overlooked and ignored. Everything I'd post would get the disagreers going, it wasn't a very welcoming feeling.

I just kept putting myself out there again and again. Eventually I got one person to like me...now I have three.

Work your way in here, it can be fun. 🤗

hey now, it's more like 2.75. Some of us are not yet fully convinced of you. :smiley:
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options

I usually check my bookmarked threads first. They are the ones I'm most interested in and they are usually the conversational threads. I will lurk for about 45 minutes before I make any posts or any responses. I don't feel like I interact with certain people but I probably do since I interact mostly with the people I know or who are on my FL. Probably 90% of my responses are a like, hug or inspiring button.
  • CacoEther
    Options

Let's talk -

I don't necessarily see a "cool factor" in here as much as I see a bunch of regulars having a good time. I've seen this said iften around here and it makes me cringe.

That may well be the case. To me, it feels like high school, where all the cool kids are in threads laughing and having a good time, and I'm over in the corner not getting the joke but desperately wanting to be accepted into your group.

To be clear, I don't use the word "cool" as any sort of judgement or evaluation. But like you said, there is a group or regulars that get each other and are generally the ones that drive many of the threads. I routinely feel like an outsider (uncool) in those threads.

Ha. I know this may not be helpful at all but be that as it may.. i’ve always been a little intimidated by you. Never would’ve guessed you felt that way in the slightest. And by intimidated I mean that you don’t suffer fools (of which i am king) and you’re a tough nut to crack

All of this might be because you drove the entire revolution that started the Hank nickname though. Maybe it was pure happenstance and you were simply in the right place at the right time but I always felt like that took off because of you 😄

Anyway.. not trying to discredit how you feel. I’m just surprised
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

Let's talk -

I've got news for you - I was one of those people that felt exactly like you do when I first stepped foot in here. This place felt very intimidating to me. I felt like I was being judged by everything I said, was often overlooked and ignored. Everything I'd post would get the disagreers going, it wasn't a very welcoming feeling.

I just kept putting myself out there again and again. Eventually I got one person to like me...now I have three.

200.gif
    Options

soooo you're in for the threesome then eh?
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options

Let's talk -

Ha. I know this may not be helpful at all but be that as it may.. i’ve always been a little intimidated by you. Never would’ve guessed you felt that way in the slightest. And by intimidated I mean that you don’t suffer fools (of which i am king) and you’re a tough nut to crack

All of this might be because you drove the entire revolution that started the Hank nickname though. Maybe it was pure happenstance and you were simply in the right place at the right time but I always felt like that took off because of you 😄

Anyway.. not trying to discredit how you feel. I’m just surprised

I assume most of it is my own insecurities... I feel like an outsider in 90% of my life. Simply going by math/averages, the issue has to be me, not 90% of the world.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options

I don't get involved.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options

[Long pause to contemplate my nicest response which is...] "Is this elementary school?"

I don't do cliques. I like who I like for the time and reasons that I like them. We will all survive.

This goes both ways, as I can fully appreciate how someone I know can be enamored with someone with whom I am not 🤷🏿‍♀️
  • CacoEther
    Options

Let's talk -

When i first came around no one talked to me at all. Back then though it was way busier and everyone seemed thick as thieves. If not for the one single solitary person who responded to me that entire first day, I would’ve bailed. I think of that often. I think my mind skips over names I don’t recognize just because they aren’t as familiar but I try to remember what that felt like and consciously not do it