Guys/Girls: What is your real opinion on..

Options

Replies

• hawkeye45_
    hawkeye45_ Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    CacoEther wrote: »
    Guys/girls: if someone has a sex dream about you and tells you, how does it make you feel? Remember this could be (and likely is) someone you’re not remotely attracted to

I'd be extremely flattered and ask open ended questions in an effort to figure out whether I've accidentally been giving signals of being attracted to this person. I'd hate to lead someone on, especially accidentally.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    iMago wrote: »
    guys/girls-

not so much opinion, but a question i guess

how many pairs of shoes do you own?
    and how do you store them when you're not using them; like do you just huck em in the closet and forget about them, or do you keep them on a specific shelf in there, or do you keep them in the boxes until you wear them again?

Oh, Can I file this under the 'confessions / don't judge me' thread?

Let's see.
    • Dress Shoes - about eight pair
    • Running Shoes - four or five pair
    • Training Shoes - about twelve to fifteen pair
    • Casual Shoes - about eight to ten pairs
    • Cycling Shoes - five pairs (3 Spd /2 Look)
    • Boots - probably about seven pair
    • Sandals - about seven pair

So, all told, around a total of 50 pair (or more)
    Some tucked in the closet
    Some is clear dedicated shoe storage boxes
    Some in their original cardboard boxes

Favorites:
    Red Wing Iron Rangers / Campers / Johnston & Murphy Boots / Reebok Trainers / Vans / Ecco Dress Shoes

The worst thing, of all the shoes I've listed above, probably five or six pairs haven't yet been worn.

I like shoes.

You wear sandals? 😟
  • will_it_go_round_in_circles
    Options
    Also bonus question and I particularly want to hear from @Motorsheen on this one 😂...

What kind of cologne do you prefer/wear? 🤷🏽‍♂️

I'm Xmas shopping for well... Me 🤷🏽‍♂️ and with malls closed have to order online

Warm weather is usually Versace Man, cold weather I've grown to really like Invictus. I usually go for Eau Fraische. It's supposed to be weaker or whatever, but I find it works all day and is not overpowering in close quarters.

• PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,631 Member
    Options
    Guys/girls:

Whats your reaction to ex reaching out to you months to year or longer after break up?

1. Curious and wanna catch up
    2. Don't ever contact me again
    3. Curious and may wanna grab drinks or more
    4. Restraining order
    5. Name your own ...

5. I'm sorry, do I know you?

😂I've done this with past guys I've dated.. you've done been deleted ...who is this
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    guys/girls-

and how do you store them when you're not using them; like do you just huck em in the closet and forget about them, or do you keep them on a specific shelf in there, or do you keep them in the boxes until you wear them again?

Ooh. Lets see

I have winter shoes:

Hunter quilted rain boots
    Snow boots
    Tall brown suede boots
    Mid height lace-up leather boots
    Short black booties with a heel

The tall ones go on a peg rack upside down and the shorter ones on a shelf like this

lsga0fhd7bua.jpg

My summer/dress shoes are mostly sandals, peep toes, and flip flops. A pair of heels and flats, extra running shoes i’m not using.. those go in a shoe storage ottoman thing in my closet

7aei07lnczt2.jpg

My adidas, chucks, and the pair I’m wearing today are on a shelf by the door

an9o4bhee1ok.jpg

They’ve seen better days

Oh and my slippers 😅

8rg22w1nr33m.jpg

They go up where he

mddqi9jdpowb.jpg

can’t reach them 🙄

Incidentally there’s half the pair I’m wearing today because it’s Dec 1th and we still have no snow, no braggin
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    guys/girls-

20-25
    Hiking boots and trail runners have a shelf in the garage.
    Sneakers and casual shoes have a shelf in my closet.
    Dress shoes get tucked under my dresser.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    guys/girls-

Let's see.

Favorites:
    Red Wing Iron Rangers / Campers / Johnston & Murphy Boots / Reebok Trainers / Vans / Ecco Dress Shoes

The worst thing, of all the shoes I've listed above, probably five or six pairs haven't yet been worn.

I like shoes.

You wear sandals? 😟

to the pool, yes

remember, it's about 1000 degrees here for over half the year.

I see guys wearing sandals with jeans; it might be okay for them, but I reserve sandals for swimwear.

fair enough?

• slimgirljo15
    Options
    guys/girls-

Let's see.

Favorites:

I like shoes.

You wear sandals? 😟

to the pool, yes

remember, it's about 1000 degrees here for over half the year.

I see guys wearing sandals with jeans; it might be okay for them, but I reserve sandals for swimwear.

fair enough?

Phew.. yep.. I was worried we couldn't be friends no more 😄😜
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    hey this is a great segue into:

so guys/girls of MFP, what *would* make you cut someone off entirely?

i'd say let's start with it from the perspective of a lover/former/situationship etc etc, but you can expand it to friends/acquaintances if the first doesn't apply.

I had a long answer but I think it's easier to just say *general hand gesture * narcissists. I've only really cut off 3 of my family members.
  • slimgirljo15
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Everyone - not so much an opinion. How do you use chit chat? When you first enter do you click on the first thread? Go to a certain thread? Lurk to see who's in here? Do you only interact with certain people?

Im on my phone so I go to the top of my bookmarked threads.. although there is one I say good morning in first.
    I actually can't tell whether my bookmarked threads are in Chit chat or F&G unless I go look at the original post.
  • Yoshiboobs
    Options
    guys/girls-

I own maybe five pairs and only really wear two. They stay in a pile by the front door if used frequently and the others are in a shoe hanging thingy on my bedroom door. I'd love to have more shoe game but nothing fits my wide hobbit feet.
  • CacoEther
    Options
    Also bonus question and I particularly want to hear from @Motorsheen on this one 😂...

What kind of cologne do you prefer/wear? 🤷🏽‍♂️

I'm Xmas shopping for well... Me 🤷🏽‍♂️ and with malls closed have to order online

I like Giorgio Armani's Acqua Di Gio for the Summer months & John Varvatos' Vintage for the cooler months.

Also, look at L'Occitane for some pretty great stuff - https://www.loccitane.com/en-us/

Funny you should ask.

Olfactory inputs trigger memories more than visual or auditory inputs.
    I haven't worn cologne all year, because 2020 has been such a *kitten*-show, I don't want any fragrance to remind me of this past year in any regard.

This is genius.

I have avoided new music this year for the same reason and also because I’m lazy at finding new music
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    Everyone - not so much an opinion. How do you use chit chat? When you first enter do you click on the first thread? Go to a certain thread? Lurk to see who's in here? Do you only interact with certain people?

i typically just log in and post whatever song is helping me not hate life in the morning and/or see if anybody's posted anything funny anywhere. don't mind interacting with anybody really at this point but i don't go out of my way to talk to most folks either just cause im not sure how many if any are actually real people or just figments of my imagination.
  • jjpptt2
    edited December 2020
    Options

ETA: What exactly does "insightful" mean to you.

I ignore most of chit-chat... whatever the "cool" factor is in this group, I don't have it. I prefer conversational threads and the ever so rare serious/thoughtful post. I catch up on wholesome memes a couple of times per month.
  • CacoEther
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »

I ignore most of chit-chat... whatever the "cool" factor is in this group, I don't have it. I prefer conversational threads and the every so rear serious/thoughtful post. I catch up on wholesome memes a couple of times per month.

Who tf cares what (or who) is ’cool’ in here or not 🤷🏼‍♀️

I’ve always liked your posts and enjoy when you’re around
  • jjpptt2
    edited December 2020
    Options
    CacoEther wrote: »
    I’m probably guilty of only responding to certain people

Same here, for similar reasons.
  • Yoshiboobs
    Options

I usually click on threads that blew up in my sleep. I wanna know what got everyone talking. I usually like this one, what's on your mind mostly for myself to just vent. I generally check most of them but I'm not always monitoring the selfie threads.
    I probably interact with the people I feel most comfortable with but have been trying to branch out. I think that's how others start feeling like outcasts just because they aren't as well known or have much in common with every poster.
    I'm also the person probably doing most of the insightfuls on everyone's posts. It means actually insightful, comically obvious, I think you're being pervy or murderous, 🤷🏻‍♀️. I never mean it in a mean way or picking on anybody.