Guys/Girls: What is your real opinion on..

Options

Replies

• KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    JessBbody wrote: »
    It seems strange to read many of you felt alone or like an outsider when you joined.. I remember most of you when you joined and you sure covered any insecurities with a lot of bravado and jokes, you sure looked comfy.. .. I guess it really does show you don't know whats going on behind the keyboard.
    Im really am surprised.. 🤷‍♀️

I really try my best to catch those who look lost in here..

This was me the first few months I was in here.bijwlivpjm7x.png

I understand how this feels. Good to know if got better for you. Thanks for posting.

I hate to think anyone feels this way. :(

❤️

Me too. But I feel this way often too. I often wonder where or whether I fit in, or if people secretly feel like I'm an id10t and need to gtfo.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    guys/girls-

not so much opinion, but a question i guess

how many pairs of shoes do you own?
    and how do you store them when you're not using them; like do you just huck em in the closet and forget about them, or do you keep them on a specific shelf in there, or do you keep them in the boxes until you wear them again?

Is this a trick question? Am I being judged? Interviewed?!
    ...why do I feel attacked?
    ...(because you are a shoe hoarder, Vikka)

being asked to model some - that's it!

~50 (which is ridiculous, this year I can count on 2 hands how many pair I've worn) And I'm a "minimalist" (in everything else, except soup...I have a lot of soup)

They are neatly stored on a shoe shelf in the closet (b/c I am a tidy MF and I don't wear most of them, so why not!) My heels and indoor flipflops, running and training shoes are in my bedroom closet, and my "currently worn" 2 pair of boots are on a boot tray by the door. My muddy trail running shoes are in the farthest corner possible, closest to the door (eww, dirty). My new sparkly flats and not worn outside yet (cheaper brand) Uggs are in my living room so I can look at them
    ('cause that's not at all weird)

eta - *note I also have Crocs ballet flats - intriguing, I'm sure!
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    It seems strange to read many of you felt alone or like an outsider when you joined.. I remember most of you when you joined and you sure covered any insecurities with a lot of bravado and jokes, you sure looked comfy.. .. I guess it really does show you don't know whats going on behind the keyboard.

I understand how this feels. Good to know if got better for you. Thanks for posting.

❤️

Me too. But I feel this way often too. I often wonder where or whether I fit in, or if people secretly feel like I'm an id10t and need to gtfo.

I don't feel.this way, FWIW.

Thank you ❤️
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options

❤️

“id10t” is how i know you’re a tech genius 😄

I think you’re really well liked here. I’m surprised you feel this way.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    iMago wrote: »
    guys/girls-

not so much opinion, but a question i guess

how many pairs of shoes do you own?
    and how do you store them when you're not using them; like do you just huck em in the closet and forget about them, or do you keep them on a specific shelf in there, or do you keep them in the boxes until you wear them again?

Is this a trick question? Am I being judged? Interviewed?!
    ...why do I feel attacked?
    ...(because you are a shoe hoarder, Vikka)

being asked to model some - that's it!

~50 (which is ridiculous, this year I can count on 2 hands how many pair I've worn) And I'm a "minimalist" (in everything else, except soup...I have a lot of soup)

They are neatly stored on a shoe shelf in the closet (b/c I am a tidy MF and I don't wear most of them, so why not!) My heels and indoor flipflops, running and training shoes are in my bedroom closet, and my "currently worn" 2 pair of boots are on a boot tray by the door. My muddy trail running shoes are in the farthest corner possible, closest to the door (eww, dirty). My new sparkly flats and not worn outside yet (cheaper brand) Uggs are in my living room so I can look at them
    ('cause that's not at all weird)

eta - *note I also have Crocs ballet flats - intriguing, I'm sure!

50 pairs my God

At first I was like but then I was like
    bq5x3kirwo43.jpg
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    CacoEther wrote: »

❤️

😂 😂 😂 Guilty as charged.

And thank you. I struggle a lot with it, actually. So I appreciate it. ❤️
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    CacoEther wrote: »

❤️

😂 😂 😂 Guilty as charged.

And thank you. I struggle a lot with it, actually. So I appreciate it. ❤️

Well cut that *kitten* out 😏❤️
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,668 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Guys/girls:

Whats your reaction to ex reaching out to you months to year or longer after break up?

1. Curious and wanna catch up
    2. Don't ever contact me again
    3. Curious and may wanna grab drinks or more
    4. Restraining order
    5. Name your own ...

5. No, I still won't "lend" you money. *kitten* off.

😂😂

I had one tell me i had to block him or he would not stop messaging.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Everyone - not so much an opinion. How do you use chit chat? When you first enter do you click on the first thread? Go to a certain thread? Lurk to see who's in here? Do you only interact with certain people?

ETA: What exactly does "insightful" mean to you.

I ignore most of chit-chat... whatever the "cool" factor is in this group, I don't have it. I prefer conversational threads and the every so rear serious/thoughtful post. I catch up on wholesome memes a couple of times per month.

Let's talk -

I don't necessarily see a "cool factor" in here as much as I see a bunch of regulars having a good time. I've seen this said iften around here and it makes me cringe.

Time doesn't always allow me to say more than a few sentences at a time, work is first. Conversational threads are very time consuming and almost too personal at times. I feel like I'm reading someone's diary.

I come here to get a good laugh and to have fun...I don't necessarily think I'm "cool." If anything, I'm probably annoying to many 😂

That may well be the case. To me, it feels like high school, where all the cool kids are in threads laughing and having a good time, and I'm over in the corner not getting the joke but desperately wanting to be accepted into your group.

To be clear, I don't use the word "cool" as any sort of judgement or evaluation. But like you said, there is a group or regulars that get each other and are generally the ones that drive many of the threads. I routinely feel like an outsider (uncool) in those threads.

That's how I feel so many times. :blush: I'm an extreme introvert and thought I was better about it on here, being anonymous and all. But come to find out, I still feel like I'm lurking in a corner and am invisible most of the time. My sister is 10 yrs. older than me; she always finds stuff to talk about, loves people, getting to know them and has a zillion friends. Not me, I'm exactly the opposite. It's not that I don't care about people, it's more like I'll say stupid stuff and people won't like me. (Now if that doesn't sound like high school all over again, I don't know what does :/)

And the picture of that little puppy with his head hanging down, just want to pick him up and cuddle him all day long.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Coming into this site every a.m. I always check out a post or 2 on other topics then come to chit chat, start at the bottom and work my way up, picking topics that I usually check out, avoiding certain ones that I've never started to read and by now have 1K replies, then once I hit the top I start back again and see if I want to read anything I missed. Actually, this topic was one I'd never read because I was already too far behind. Looks like a whole lot of catching to do. But there's only so many hours in a day.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Everyone - not so much an opinion. How do you use chit chat? When you first enter do you click on the first thread? Go to a certain thread? Lurk to see who's in here? Do you only interact with certain people?

ETA: What exactly does "insightful" mean to you.

I have "favourite" threads - but if there is a 'fresh meat' tread that looks intriguing, I go there first.

I hate to say it, but 'trolly' threads entertain me - sometimes, and I jump into them for amusement (as long as they aren't cruel)

If I'm on my laptop I do sometimes go to a thread if there is someone (I find ) interesting was the last poster. On my phone - its blind, I don't use the app, and cant see the pp in the main CC section - so go to my usuals of whatever intrigues me.

I've been finding myself associating my heightened anxiety problems lately with 'here', its misdirected, I know - but for some reason 'social interaction' en masse, is making me feel sketched out and more vulnerable lately. I used to have a lot of fun here, and still do, but maybe just a bit hyper critical of everything...right now? 🤔 Mostly feeling regretful for what I say, and feeling 'paranoid' or hyper sensitive to the interpretation (again, I know it's a me problem)

I like interacting with everyone, but am shy (ish). I sometimes feel like I'm that annoying, cringy post poster and should just go away and come back anew...but reality is - I'd still be that cringy post poster, shy, girl who (spews) her thoughts

Random thought interjection - For the record, I like you!

To me "insightful" can be a dis - really, I'm not smart enough to be 'insightful' - but it could be a compliment or neutral too - like "I get that interesting perspective of yours, Vikka"

Guess it depends on my mood - and which way the wind blows?!

Thank you for that - 💙

I love reading your threads. You're the perfect mix of funny, quirky (in the best way) and adorable.

Thanks Lady!
    Am super complimented by the 'quirky' acknowledgement! Flattered! I identify! Funny and adorable is cool too - I'll absorb al the positives as POWER!!

"QuirkyCanuck" was one of my usernames (for Insta(stalker)gram) (I basically just creep my cousin who is a fitness model competitor) TMI, but rando info is my specialty!

I can't decide b/t whimsy and quirky as a descriptor for me! Hmm, maybe I'll unite the 2!,

Anyhow - as I ramble...
    HULK SMASH - 2020 is our *kitten*, and almost conquered!

Have a great day Lady!

and thank-you for making mine better!❤
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,185 Member
    Options
    Since we’re bumping old stuff here we go. I had 188 new posts since I’ve last looked. I’m out of the loop. What cha guys and gals got?
  • MelG7777
    Options
    Question: If someone tells someone “it looks like you workout” would you take that as just a regular compliment or something more? Does it make a difference depending on where it’s said? Like....gym vs. work vs. grocery store?

Context: It was a few months ago but someone I told about it just reminded me of this. A new guy was coming to the gym. If I get the opportunity I try to say something to new people. On the way out we were like “crazy workout hey?” And I asked him what he did normally for exercise. He said he hadn’t worked out in forever and I said “oh really? You look like you work out.” and the lady walking by us kind of laughed and looked at me like “really?”🤷🏻‍♀️ He didn’t seem weirded out by it.

Plot Twist:
    This is just a funny addition. Don’t take this into consideration for your answer. He lives like 2 blocks from me I found out because I basically followed him home.😂 I don’t remember if it was the same day or the next day but I was like “holy *kitten* is that the monster truck I always see near my house? And now I’m following him?” We would talk a little on the way out sometimes so I made sure to tell him why it might look like I was following him.🙈 It must have been a 30 day trial cuz I haven’t seen him in a long time. Or he switched times because of some creepy lady.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,668 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    Question: If someone tells someone “it looks like you workout” would you take that as just a regular compliment or something more? Does it make a difference depending on where it’s said? Like....gym vs. work vs. grocery store?

Context: It was a few months ago but someone I told about it just reminded me of this. A new guy was coming to the gym. If I get the opportunity I try to say something to new people. On the way out we were like “crazy workout hey?” And I asked him what he did normally for exercise. He said he hadn’t worked out in forever and I said “oh really? You look like you work out.” and the lady walking by us kind of laughed and looked at me like “really?”🤷🏻‍♀️ He didn’t seem weirded out by it.

Plot Twist:
    This is just a funny addition. Don’t take this into consideration for your answer. He lives like 2 blocks from me I found out because I basically followed him home.😂 I don’t remember if it was the same day or the next day but I was like “holy *kitten* is that the monster truck I always see near my house? And now I’m following him?” We would talk a little on the way out sometimes so I made sure to tell him why it might look like I was following him.🙈 It must have been a 30 day trial cuz I haven’t seen him in a long time. Or he switched times because of some creepy lady.

My initial thought is the lady was being snotty, possibly assuming you were hitting/flirting with him.🤷‍♀️

I would take it as the biggest compliment ever
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options

Plot Twist:

Context matters. A lot.
    A compliment is much more meanginful to me when it comes from someone who actually understands what it takes to do whatever is being complimented than it does from someone who has no idea.
  • chuckle_bunny
    chuckle_bunny Posts: 496 Member
    Options

Plot Twist:
    Well that "lady" was going to follow him home but your stalk game was more on point.

This isn't over, Mel G!!!!
  • MelG7777
    Options

Plot Twist:
    Well that "lady" was going to follow him home but your stalk game was more on point.

This isn't over, Mel G!!!!
    Oh, I’m the creepy lady. But I’m sure the feeling is mutual when I say there is zero interest or attraction. I was really just being nice.🤷🏻‍♀️