Guys/Girls: What is your real opinion on..

Options

Replies

• MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,186 Member
    Options
    Guys/Girls

If someone you're not interested in romantically keeps sending you selfies of themselves, what do you do? Should the person ask if it's okay to send you selfies first?

The only person who does that to me is my sister and I just think she’s strange for it. Back in my dating days though I’ve never run across unsolicited selfies unless it was the 🍆. People are just randomly sending selfies??????

Omg yes. All the time. All. The. Time. lol. That’s kinda what Snapchat is. Or at least a huge part of it.
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    Options
    ok guys and ladies. if someone has noticeable acne scarring - is that a deal breaker?

Not for me its not. I can't really imagine most guys would care about achne scarring.
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    This may have already been asked in the past 43 pages, but...

Guys,
    What motivates you, if anything, to pursue/date/partner with an older person (min 10 years older than you)?

- and -

What, if anything, motivates you to pursue/date/partner with a younger person (min 10 years younger than you)?

Tbh, mostly its the personality. Are you loud or quiet? Do we have a lot in common? Finally, do I think I can approach you w/out immediately being blown off?
    Guys: Can I drive your car, or nah?

First date? No way.
    If we've been together six months, and you've shown yourself to be trustworthy and careful? Sure.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    Guys/Girls

If someone you're not interested in romantically keeps sending you selfies of themselves, what do you do? Should the person ask if it's okay to send you selfies first?

No ones sending me selfies other than my husband/man. I would never let him feel too comfortable to be sending pics like that in the first place and if he does blocked and deleted it wouldn’t have to take multiple selfies. I don’t continue to entertain men especially if I know they’re romantically interested in me in the first place.
  • mattig89ch
    Options
    Guys/Girls

IMO you should always ask if its ok to send someone a selfie. To me, if you keep sending selfies w/out asking, your trying to move a relationship to a romantic one. If someone keeps that up with me, I will first ask them to stop. Then, if they keep going, block them.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    This may have already been asked in the past 43 pages, but...

Guys,
    What motivates you, if anything, to pursue/date/partner with an older person (min 10 years older than you)?

- and -

What, if anything, motivates you to pursue/date/partner with a younger person (min 10 years younger than you)?

I’ve seen some men in their 20s date women in their 30s, the women usually become mother figures, provides food, a car and roof over there head. While they just play video games all day. Can’t say all of them are like that.. maybe their old souls and age doesn’t matter.

I know guys in their 20s dating girls 5-6 years older than them, nothing crazy about that.
  • MelG7777
    Options
    mattig89ch wrote: »
    Guys/Girls

IMO you should always ask if its ok to send someone a selfie. To me, if you keep sending selfies w/out asking, your trying to move a relationship to a romantic one. If someone keeps that up with me, I will first ask them to stop. Then, if they keep going, block them.

Do you think it matters the platform? I feel like if you’re on Snapchat, it’s kind of the climate in general. Like, you go on Snapchat and share silly selfies or cute selfies or whatever. Like, almost if you accept someone of there that’s kinda what you do. But....not saying “kitten” pics or romantically charged pics. Just selfies in general. I wonder if platform matters?
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    Guys/Girls

The only person who does that to me is my sister and I just think she’s strange for it. Back in my dating days though I’ve never run across unsolicited selfies unless it was the 🍆. People are just randomly sending selfies??????

Omg yes. All the time. All. The. Time. lol. That’s kinda what Snapchat is. Or at least a huge part of it.

Lol snapchat is where my sister keeps sending me her selfies. I'd just click on your public story if I wanted to see what you're up to. Maybe it's because I'm not in the dating scene that I'm not getting more random selfies. I personally would just post publicly and wait for a slide into the DMs.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Guys/Girls

Got the best advice from my man @unsolicited advances from other men, DO NOT RESPOND. It only encourages them. Shrugs.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Guys/Girls

Lol snapchat is where my sister keeps sending me her selfies. I'd just click on your public story if I wanted to see what you're up to. Maybe it's because I'm not in the dating scene that I'm not getting more random selfies. I personally would just post publicly and wait for a slide into the DMs.

I don't get random selfies from strangers.... but I have had male friends send selfies here and there on Snapchat. Sometimes I respond with a "hey how ya been" or I say nothing. If I want them to stop, I say so. Or I block.
    I don't get randos cuz I don't add people I dont know. I have become very particular about who I add on any kind of social media.... most of the pics I get on Snapchat I get from my sisters. 😊
  • tinak33
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »
    Guys/Girls

Depends on the type of selfies and if they are texting as well...
    But if the person is just sending a selfie here and there, just a friendly one, I don't think its a big deal. Its not like I have to send any back. And if I don't want them to send any, I would just say so. 🤷‍♀️

But if the person knows there is no interest and is sending somewhat inappropriate selfies and messages, then I would say something. Or just block. 🤷‍♀️ If I don't want to deal with any possible conflict that may come from speaking up, I just block and end things. But I am a very non confrontational person..... 😬🙈

Tldr... Yet...

But I can tell by the emoji use that your answer is *kitten* adorable 😂

Just saying I'm still waiting for your selfie pics. 😘
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    Guys/Girls

Got the best advice from my man @unsolicited advances from other men, DO NOT RESPOND. It only encourages them. Shrugs.

This is exactly what I told my bestfriend. She's finally ready to date. Shes been single for 10 years and now she's getting random selfies from men on social media. I keep telling her not to encourage the conversation unless she's really interested.
  • MelG7777
    Options
    Guys/Girls

This is exactly what I told my bestfriend. She's finally ready to date. Shes been single for 10 years and now she's getting random selfies from men on social media. I keep telling her not to encourage the conversation unless she's really interested.

Ah, I may have misunderstood the original question. It’s sounds like this may be from people she doesn’t already know? That’s different to me I guess. I think it’s weird to send unsolicited selfies to strangers. Lol. And I wouldn’t comment back to that. I was thinking more along the lines of someone you are friendly with but don’t like “LIKE THAT” and not wanting to be mean.
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    Guys/Girls

Ah, I may have misunderstood the original question. It’s sounds like this may be from people she doesn’t already know? That’s different to me I guess. I think it’s weird to send unsolicited selfies to strangers. Lol. And I wouldn’t comment back to that. I was thinking more along the lines of someone you are friendly with but don’t like “LIKE THAT” and not wanting to be mean.

No not complete strangers lol but there has been conversations here and there between her and them but now shes complaining about selfies and how she feels obligated to give a compliment 🤦‍♀️ I'm like girl.... just no! Don't entertain conversations with men you're not interested with lol. But I suppose what you thought could apply as well. Especially here where we get asked do we have a better platform for "talking" 😒
  • MelG7777
    Options
    Guys/Girls

No not complete strangers lol but there has been conversations here and there between her and them but now shes complaining about selfies and how she feels obligated to give a compliment 🤦‍♀️ I'm like girl.... just no! Don't entertain conversations with men you're not interested with lol. But I suppose what you thought could apply as well. Especially here where we get asked do we have a better platform for "talking" 😒

Yeah I agree. I guess I have had that from people where I REALLY didn’t want even a casual friendship. I just don’t respond either. And I re-joined Facebook over the summer for my gym and some of my kids activities. I post little to nothing there. Nothing of my kids or daily life. I accepted a few people I thought I knew because of mutual friends and ended up not knowing them.🙈 I didn’t realize people used FB as a dating site too. Wtf. Now I get messaged from people who actually live in my city. Way too close for comfort. Yeah and always love that “mfp sucks for messaging, do you use x, y or z?” from someone who you don’t know! (Admittedly I was really dumb about this when I first got SC🙄)
  • mattig89ch
    Options
    mattig89ch wrote: »
    Guys/Girls

Do you think it matters the platform? I feel like if you’re on Snapchat, it’s kind of the climate in general. Like, you go on Snapchat and share silly selfies or cute selfies or whatever. Like, almost if you accept someone of there that’s kinda what you do. But....not saying “kitten” pics or romantically charged pics. Just selfies in general. I wonder if platform matters?

I'm actually not familiar with snapchat. So idk how it works. I tend to not use social media, as it tends to be too toxic for my taste.

But if your sending pictures to folks, w/out asking them, my general rule of thumb is to ask them to stop then block them.
  • tinak33
    Options
    Guys/Girls

They don't have to ask me... I think most people are just afraid to, for varying reasons and I totally get that...

What do I do if they are unwanted...

I will always be nice and compliment and say nice things... Is this disingenuous, maybe but sometimes there are just more important things then being genuine... For me anyway..

Adding... But it's different for guys for sure...
    Women definitely need to be a bit more, or rather a lot more cautious with whom they associate...

Some guys just can't take a hint...
    I try to never be one of them lol

Tl;dr..... yet....
    But I know whatever you said is all sorts of cute. 😍😘
  • MelG7777
    Options
    Something I’m listening to just said to women,
    “Your so-called flaws or imperfections are what make you beautiful and unique.” And also...
    “Men fall in love with you for what you perceive to be your flaws or insecurities, not in spite of them.”
    She doesn’t specify physical or otherwise. I can see this to a point but...it can’t be ALL flaws. Do you think this statement is way too broad like I do?
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options
    Something I’m listening to just said to women,
    “Your so-called flaws or imperfections are what make you beautiful and unique.” And also...
    “Men fall in love with you for what you perceive to be your flaws or insecurities, not in spite of them.”
    She doesn’t specify physical or otherwise. I can see this to a point but...it can’t be ALL flaws. Do you think this statement is way too broad like I do?

It may be too broad

If it helps I think the things I’m drawn to in men are also the things that make me want to strangle them.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    ladies of mfp-

when the last time you said "i had a good guy but i messed everything up"

fellas of mfp-

same question only gender reverse obvi