One time I. . .

Replies

• honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    My ex and I used to go fishing a lot in one of those molded two-man boats with a trolling motor.
    One day we were fishing at the lake here in town.
    We never had much luck in large lakes.
    We headed towards the shallows to try it there before we gave up.
    There was a fish-finder attached to the bottom of the boat.
    It had mud and gunk on it and my ex asked me to clean it off.
    I leaned over and reached down grabbing mud off of it and over I went.
    Head first, chair and all into the water.
    I stood up, it was up to my thighs.
    The first thing I noticed was this man and kid standing on the bank laughing.
    I had to laugh, standing there with red mud all over me.
    After a couple more mishaps in that boat I nagged enough for the ex to buy a regular boat.
    Then I lost interest in fishing. Lol
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    I was doing a cornea recovery at Kaiser hospital on Xmas day years ago. My cadaver patient was down in the morgue. The security guard who let me in the room asked to observe the procedure. I was reluctant but he insisted he was in training to be an autopsy technician and wasn’t squeamish at all so I agreed.

Halfway through the recovery I heard a loud crash. I noticed the poor guy had probably fainted, must have fallen against the shelves which held the organ jars and some of them had broken. The formalin and tissue was on the floor and on him. The smell was intense and gave me an immediate severe headache. The guy had also busted his lip in the fall.

Unfortunately, I was sterile and had no backup sterile gloves so I could not abandon my procedure to help him. I had to finish my job and harvest the eyes. Luckily, a few minutes later another security guard came in having heard the loud noise to help him up.

I asked him what happened, because I thought he was used to this kind of thing.... he said something along the lines of “something about the eyes creeped me out”. Never again would I allow others to observe a tissue recovery with me. I had a bad headache for a week after that. Formalin is an apparent neurotoxin.

That’s so funny 😂😂😂
    I was reading and imagining one of those NCIS episodes.........😂😂😂
    ythannah wrote: »
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    I was doing a cornea recovery at Kaiser hospital on Xmas day years ago. My cadaver patient was down in the morgue. The security guard who let me in the room asked to observe the procedure. I was reluctant but he insisted he was in training to be an autopsy technician and wasn’t squeamish at all so I agreed.

Halfway through the recovery I heard a loud crash. I noticed the poor guy had probably fainted, must have fallen against the shelves which held the organ jars and some of them had broken. The formalin and tissue was on the floor and on him. The smell was intense and gave me an immediate severe headache. The guy had also busted his lip in the fall.

Unfortunately, I was sterile and had no backup sterile gloves so I could not abandon my procedure to help him. I had to finish my job and harvest the eyes. Luckily, a few minutes later another security guard came in having heard the loud noise to help him up.

I asked him what happened, because I thought he was used to this kind of thing.... he said something along the lines of “something about the eyes creeped me out”. Never again would I allow others to observe a tissue recovery with me. I had a bad headache for a week after that. Formalin is an apparent neurotoxin.

You win!

My little tale of the shoulder pad that somehow detached while I was out all dressed up fancy and migrated down to my cleavage area so it appeared to be a wandering boob enhancing pad (and yes, I am the sort of female who would need them) pales in comparison.

I like your story 😋
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    One time in NY, my friend and I rented a little boat to paddle out onto the little lake or pond they have in Central Park. We somehow rowed over a rock and got stuck in the middle. We almost lost our oars too. Luckily, another boat came along and dislodged us.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,010 Member
    One time I sang in a talent show. My brother made me this dope *kitten* box. I was in maybe 2nd grade. It was really something. 🤣 It was my debut and also final performance.
    6bo9mg77x2kb.jpeg
  • Lift_Eat_Repeat
    Lift_Eat_Repeat Posts: 76 Member
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    One time I sang in a talent show. My brother made me this dope *kitten* box. I was in maybe 2nd grade. It was really something. 🤣 It was my debut and also final performance.
    6bo9mg77x2kb.jpeg

Haha this is pure class, nothing embarrassing about that. Claim to fame more like.
  • MelG7777
    6bo9mg77x2kb.jpeg

Haha this is pure class, nothing embarrassing about that. Claim to fame more like.

🤣thank you. I mean, it WAS one of my prouder moments.
  • MelG7777
    One time I hit a handicap pole in a Target parking lot. And *kitten* my car right up. Not the body at all, but the wheel and the frame. And I was without it for 5 1/2 weeks. And it was only a few months ago. Stupid pole.
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    One time I hung out with some internet friends and one thought they were a vampire and the other a werewolf. (I realize this is basically twilight but it was pure coincidence) I could not get them to break character and they'd argue you about it but I'm used to hanging out with insane people so we got drunk anyway. I somehow got talked into letting the vampire cut me with a Bobby pin and he drank my blood. He acted like he couldn't stop and the wolf guy slapped my arm out of his hands. As weird as those guys were I still hung out with them a few times and I think that makes me a weirdo too. 😕🤷🏻‍♀️😎👽🧛‍♂️🐺
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    I went to a Beck concert back in 96 or 97 - it was a small venue the Topeka performing arts center I believe - we waited outside after the show and met him and the band - they hung out with us for prolly an hr or so just bs’ing and signing our tickets and cigarett packs lol
  • MelG7777
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    I went to a Beck concert back in 96 or 97 - it was a small venue the Topeka performing arts center I believe - we waited outside after the show and met him and the band - they hung out with us for prolly an hr or so just bs’ing and signing our tickets and cigarett packs lol

You lucky duck you.
  • honeybee__12
    was 14 living in a boarding house in Sao Paulo, Brasil with no adult supervision.
    I spent one week skipping school and partying non stop.
    Got kicked out.
    The nuns didn’t like me.
    Go figure. 🤷🏼‍♀️

És Brazileira? 😉
    Falas Português? 💛

Nope, I’m from Oklahoma.
    Dad’s job had us living there in the 70s.
    Nao mais, I did, picked it up really quickly but I’ve forgotten all but a few words. 😔
  • honeybee__12
    When we were living in Brasil I
    snuck out the car and drove around town for an hour or so then hit the curb hard, wheel folded under, axle was toast, practically in front of our house.
    Limped against the curb in front of the house, bad side in. Lol

My parents saw it anyway! 😱
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    One time I was photographed during a field performance and was apparently confused in a major way. 😂🙈

yzdjvvzbk3fu.jpeg

I don't want to work, I want to bang on the drum all day 🎵🎶🤣