April 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    @Scott6255 I am so sorry for your loss. I hope that your wife’s aunt pulls through quickly.
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    2.55 miles this afternoon, plus I did some strength training this morning.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    @Scott6255 I’m so sorry for your loss.
  • bearly63
    bearly63 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    @Scott6255 hugs and prayers for your family! So sorry! 🙏🏼
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    7 running miles today!

@Camaramandy648 Congratulations on the finish! I will take a look at the pictures!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,999 Member
    Options
    @Scott6255 I'm so sorry for you loss. I was thinking about you earlier today. I hope you can continue to stay safe. Alzheimer patients get really confused when their routine is interrupted or they get moved - I'm sure you knew that already. I'm just saying she may get some better once she gets used to being at your house. Fingers crossed for you anyway. Prayers and hugs too!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    bearly63 wrote: »
    @Scott6255 hugs and prayers for your family! So sorry! 🙏🏼

This. :(
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    I did my half marathon for the uncanceled project yesterday!

Yay! Well done!
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    bearly63 wrote: »
    @Tramboman Maybe I'll add some planking while baking....kill 2 birds with one stone sorta thing. And interesting about your stride length. I do tend to have a short stride. I am wondering if maybe when I am cleared to run again if I should get some running help to see how my stride is and if I can "improve" it to prevent future issues.

It would not hurt to have your stride checked by a PT or someone that is actually knowledgable in biomechanics and running. There is a VERY LARGE variety of good strides pending on your mechanics. In general, we all run about the same, but we all automatically tweak to adjust to terrain and muscle weaknesses. An expert can help you address any issues. But any adjustments take time and hard work usually. So be ready for that.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @hanlonsk - that is hilarious but then my first question was 'what does she need a saw for making wipes' 😂

Guess I am odd, I thought it was for cutting the container open. :) Did not seem out of place at all.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    SUNDAY UPDATE - Pastor Vincent vs Boston!

For those new/or with short memories I recently hired a coach to help me run faster - with the goal of a BQ in 2021. It is probably an unrealistic goal, but I am not getting any younger, so going for it. Several people asked to be updated on what the coach has in for me so I post each week what the coach's plan was, and what I actually did.

So here we go:

DAY :::: PLAN :::: ACTUAL
    Monday :::: 8 miles + 1/2mile repeats :::: Cross Training
    Tuesday :::: Rest Day ::::: 8 miles + 1/2mile repeats
    Wednesday :::: 10 miles :::: 10 miles
    Thursday :::: 10 miles + hill repeats :::: Teen Drama
    Friday :::: Rest Day ::::: 10 miles + hill repeats
    Saturday ::::: 18 miles :::: 14 miles
    Sunday ::::: 6 miles ::::: 0

Total Miles: 45 out of 44 planned

So not the best week. Started out okay. I had to move the days around due to things going on in life, but I had a good plan in place for all the runs, just in different slots. Well when I got to Saturday, it was HOT. I was not ready for that. Will not be ready for those temps for weeks yet. Well, I still went out with plans to do all 18, just to take it a bit easy. Well somewhere around mile 11 or 12 my ankle started to warn something was not right. Not hurt exactly, but it was not quite right.

Well one lesson that @mobycarp taught us was that taking a rest for a day or two is better than losing a month for recovery from a serious injury so I made the turn to head in and called it a day at 14 miles and took Sunday off. I will restart next week. Hopefully with no issues. :)
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,999 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic Looks like a great place to hike! Funny that your dog went faster after you gave up and started walking. :smile:
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    @Scott6255 I am so very sorry. Sending you a big hug.
  • hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @Scott6255 So very very sorry. Lots of love for you and your family.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Thank you ALL so much for the well wishes and condolences. It truly means a lot! 💓
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    Apologizing in advance for the not so happy post:
    My wife's uncle John past away Friday night from COVID-19. He battled for over a week, but being 90 with severe respiratory issues and pneumonia 3 weeks ago, it was just too much. He and his wife (Aunt Betty) have been more like parents to my wife and I for the 30 years they have been together. And for sure he has been more of a father to me than my father was for the 13 years that he stuck around.
    And.... we got the results back on Aunt Betty last night. She tested positive for COVID-19. She is quarantined in the front two bedrooms / spare bathroom at the front of our house. My wife is having to play caregiver/nurse as her Alzheimer's has gotten quite a bit worse just in the week she has been here. She can no longer dress or feed herself. She gets lost every time she goes around the corner to the bathroom, and doesn't even know how to get into bed anymore. But she isn't showing any real symptoms, so that's a blessing. Wife and I are still symptom free, so taking it one day at a time.

9.0 miles in remembrance of the 90 wonderful years John was on this earth. He was more of a father to me than my father was in the 13 years that I knew him. RIP John, you WILL be missed!!

exercise.png

Oh @Scott6255 I'm so so sorry. He was so loved and he will be remembered. Biggest Internet hugs to you and your family.
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    @Scott6255 I'm so sorry for your loss
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,394 Member
    Options
    @scot6255 - Hugs to you, your wife and family! Please be sure that you and your wife are taking care of yourselves, getting enough rest, etc.. I am so so sorry!