Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Yeah calling for an inch of snow tonight. Yay. #shrug
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Anyone need an electrician? I have one for sale, going cheap but you would have to pay the shipping. Actually if you'll take him off my hands I might even let you have him for free!

I DO need two ceiling fans installed...
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @shanaber thanks for your input on the Oiselle Voile
    @Faebert great job on the hill
    @Teresa502 I was thinking the same thing about the day light this morning, yeah!
    @enaliba I told my friend the other day I need to move my refrigerator because it’s way too close to my work area now. At least in the office I would just not have too many snacks around to eat. When I post long posts I do them from home on my computer in word and then copy and paste this way I can make comments as I’m reading. A few of my friends are race directors and they are getting killed from people canceling the charges from races, not only do they lose that money they have to pay the credit card company a fee. I would have them talk to the race director if they truly will not run it even if it’s not cancelled and ask them for to defer the race. I have one already that has given me a credit to use at another time.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins Trade ya even-steven. Electrician for Counselor.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options

Man, that is rough. I hope he reports this to the BBB!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,101 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic That's hilarious!

@hamsterwheel6 Great running! You are awesome!

• hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member
    Options

Hahaha that made my day
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options

Man, that is rough. I hope he reports this to the BBB!

I smell a lawsuit coming...
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Biggest hugs to everyone who needs them. Those dealing with family stuff, my thoughts go out to you. Fortunately the worst I have to deal with is a stubborn MIL whose still going shopping despite the lock down, and us kids willing to do her shopping for her. It must be hard dealing with so much other stuff atm as well.

Managed to sleep in a little - 730 instead of 630 lol. Last night of work for the week - just done 7 days in a row. Now have a long weekend. Cannot wait. I'll be trying to make mirror glaze for Jessicas birthday cake. Thought I have all this time, let's try some new techniques! Fortunately I already have all the ingredients so this should be fun.

My chaffey is mostly healed, will be fine for Saturdays run. I'm really looking forward to it!
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    @Avidkeo I lost track, are you still self-quarantined in your basement?

Thanks for thinking of me, yep Because our province has been case free for 15 days, I have come out of self isolation On Tuesday morning. when I got to hug my kids, it was fantastic. I spent all day playing and having fun with them. They were definitely very clingy as well. I'm working evenings atm which is why I haven't been on and updated, when I've been with the kids, I've put my phone away. Been nice to get off technology for a bit too haha

I found out yesterday that one of the rest home clusters (15 cases) is about 1.5km away from my home - in fact I run past St Maragarets almost everyday. So much for my blissful assumption that’s there’s probably no cases in my neighbourhood. 😩

Oh hugs!

Yeah we are reminded every day that it won't take much to have an outbreak again. All this talk of lifting restrictions early is frustrating. Best case we need 2 weeks of no new cases... But I can't see staying in lock down that long. For those not following, we have averaged only 18 new cases per day for the last 4 days, but we have so many people in rest homes now testing positive. We have jumped to 9 deaths, and when you've only had 1400 cases, that's a high death rate.

We have what we call "clusters" where 10 or more cases are associated with an event or work place. About half our clusters are now rest homes (retirement home) where residents are testing positive.

Honestly I wonder if we will see a spike in positive cases in the next day or so after the aggressively test all the residents in these rest homes (and staff I hope) and they see more have it.

• hamsterwheel6
    Options
    @katharmonic That's hilarious!

@hamsterwheel6 Great running! You are awesome!

Thank you, I felt much better after this attempt!
  • hamsterwheel6
    Options
    Hello everyone. I've read through everything, once again I feel awful I can't reply or mention everyone. Hugs and kudos to all.

Not sure if I mentioned I ran a HM on Saturday..wasn't the plan, but was feeling good and just decided might as well see if I can do better than my last disaster attempt. Happy to say, it went much better, and got my PR. Especially as the first half is nothing but uphill with some large elevation gains. Of course, coming back downhill helped too.
    Went biking Sunday and did another HM on the bike! LOL
    Monday rest, yesterday 7 miles, and today 5 on the dreadmill, only because like everyone else, the weather here is a roller coaster and it was a feels like of 34F. I've run in that many times over the winter, but I just didn't feel like getting the gear out. It wasn't too bad as while I was running my son was on his on-line class and it was cool to see. Also good thing cause I had to stop to go the bathroom about a mile in which almost never happens to me..

Back to work I go, I swear it seems I'm working more from home then I do at the office...

@hamsterwheel6 this thread always goes so quickly you just need to not try to reply to everyone who you would have to be on all day. I try to play catch up every other day and just reply to the things that really grab me. Great job on the HMs you need to add in swimming and you'll have hit it all.

I'm like you I run all winter and get used to it being cold, well Alabama cold, but after a few weeks of 50s and 60s in the morning this 30 again is for the birds and even they don't like it.

Again I agree I work more from home.

Thanks, and yes glad to know I'm not the only one!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,101 Member
    Options
    Great news @Avidkeo ! So glad you get to hug your kids and play with them again!!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    @Avidkeo I bet those were the best hugs ever!!!

I really think the positives in nursing homes is what gets me the most.