April 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    @Avidkeo I lost track, are you still self-quarantined in your basement?

Thanks for thinking of me, yep Because our province has been case free for 15 days, I have come out of self isolation On Tuesday morning. when I got to hug my kids, it was fantastic. I spent all day playing and having fun with them. They were definitely very clingy as well. I'm working evenings atm which is why I haven't been on and updated, when I've been with the kids, I've put my phone away. Been nice to get off technology for a bit too haha

Yay!!!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Hello everyone. I've read through everything, once again I feel awful I can't reply or mention everyone. Hugs and kudos to all.

Not sure if I mentioned I ran a HM on Saturday..wasn't the plan, but was feeling good and just decided might as well see if I can do better than my last disaster attempt. Happy to say, it went much better, and got my PR. Especially as the first half is nothing but uphill with some large elevation gains. Of course, coming back downhill helped too.
    Went biking Sunday and did another HM on the bike! LOL
    Monday rest, yesterday 7 miles, and today 5 on the dreadmill, only because like everyone else, the weather here is a roller coaster and it was a feels like of 34F. I've run in that many times over the winter, but I just didn't feel like getting the gear out. It wasn't too bad as while I was running my son was on his on-line class and it was cool to see. Also good thing cause I had to stop to go the bathroom about a mile in which almost never happens to me..

Back to work I go, I swear it seems I'm working more from home then I do at the office...

@hamsterwheel6 this thread always goes so quickly you just need to not try to reply to everyone who you would have to be on all day. I try to play catch up every other day and just reply to the things that really grab me. Great job on the HMs you need to add in swimming and you'll have hit it all.

I'm like you I run all winter and get used to it being cold, well Alabama cold, but after a few weeks of 50s and 60s in the morning this 30 again is for the birds and even they don't like it.

Again I agree I work more from home.

Thanks, and yes glad to know I'm not the only one!

Oh, I can not keep up either. I catch what I can, and hopefully, it is enough. :) I think that is true of most of us.
  • hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member

Thanks for thinking of me, yep Because our province has been case free for 15 days, I have come out of self isolation On Tuesday morning. when I got to hug my kids, it was fantastic. I spent all day playing and having fun with them. They were definitely very clingy as well. I'm working evenings atm which is why I haven't been on and updated, when I've been with the kids, I've put my phone away. Been nice to get off technology for a bit too haha

I found out yesterday that one of the rest home clusters (15 cases) is about 1.5km away from my home - in fact I run past St Maragarets almost everyday. So much for my blissful assumption that’s there’s probably no cases in my neighbourhood. 😩

Oh hugs!

Yeah we are reminded every day that it won't take much to have an outbreak again. All this talk of lifting restrictions early is frustrating. Best case we need 2 weeks of no new cases... But I can't see staying in lock down that long. For those not following, we have averaged only 18 new cases per day for the last 4 days, but we have so many people in rest homes now testing positive. We have jumped to 9 deaths, and when you've only had 1400 cases, that's a high death rate.

We have what we call "clusters" where 10 or more cases are associated with an event or work place. About half our clusters are now rest homes (retirement home) where residents are testing positive.

Honestly I wonder if we will see a spike in positive cases in the next day or so after the aggressively test all the residents in these rest homes (and staff I hope) and they see more have it.

This is great news for you!

The nursing home situation is really tough everywhere.
  • hamsterwheel6

I found out yesterday that one of the rest home clusters (15 cases) is about 1.5km away from my home - in fact I run past St Maragarets almost everyday. So much for my blissful assumption that’s there’s probably no cases in my neighbourhood. 😩

Oh no, hugs.
  • hamsterwheel6
    Hello everyone. I've read through everything, once again I feel awful I can't reply or mention everyone. Hugs and kudos to all.

Not sure if I mentioned I ran a HM on Saturday..wasn't the plan, but was feeling good and just decided might as well see if I can do better than my last disaster attempt. Happy to say, it went much better, and got my PR. Especially as the first half is nothing but uphill with some large elevation gains. Of course, coming back downhill helped too.
    Went biking Sunday and did another HM on the bike! LOL
    Monday rest, yesterday 7 miles, and today 5 on the dreadmill, only because like everyone else, the weather here is a roller coaster and it was a feels like of 34F. I've run in that many times over the winter, but I just didn't feel like getting the gear out. It wasn't too bad as while I was running my son was on his on-line class and it was cool to see. Also good thing cause I had to stop to go the bathroom about a mile in which almost never happens to me..

Back to work I go, I swear it seems I'm working more from home then I do at the office...

@hamsterwheel6 this thread always goes so quickly you just need to not try to reply to everyone who you would have to be on all day. I try to play catch up every other day and just reply to the things that really grab me. Great job on the HMs you need to add in swimming and you'll have hit it all.

I'm like you I run all winter and get used to it being cold, well Alabama cold, but after a few weeks of 50s and 60s in the morning this 30 again is for the birds and even they don't like it.

Again I agree I work more from home.

Thanks, and yes glad to know I'm not the only one!

Oh, I can not keep up either. I catch what I can, and hopefully, it is enough. :) I think that is true of most of us.

I’m glad for this group!
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member

I’m so happy you finally got to spend time with your family!!!

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    I wasn't sure I'd be able to hit the pace Hal wanted for my fast intervals this morning, but I did!
    I programmed the workout into my Garmin last night, really liking that feature! Must remember not to put the pace in for recovery intervals though, I just can't go as slowly as Hal demands, even walking, and the constant alerts piss me off.
    There was a slight tantrum at one point as I had got confused and thought I was done when I still had 2 fast intervals to go. Oops!
    One good thing about this having to run indoors on the treadmill thing is I'm doing speedwork I wouldn't have done outside as I was stuck in a long, slow rut and finding I actually quite enjoy it!
    Hal said I was a good girl!

01/04: 4.81km tempo
    02/04: 6.57km base
    04/04: 9.6km easy
    06/04: 5.08km easy
    08/04: 8.5km hill repeats
    09/04: 8.06km east
    11/04: 8.34km hard
    13/04: 5.15km fartleks
    15/04: 6.6km easy
    16/04: 8km fast intervals

Revised April goal: 140km. Run so far: 70.71km

Woooo hooo go you!
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Faebert wrote: »
    Breaking my streak and not running this morning. I’m really sad as I feel like my legs and lungs are up to it. But yesterday I developed a nasty pain in the back of my neck and shoulders and it’s still sore today. Also had some stomach issues. I’m pretty sure they aren’t connected and not anything sinister. But I also don’t want to take any risks with my health or that of my community so staying in for now...

Stay safe everyone x
    Sorry you are feeling bad. I agree with listening to your body and taking a break. You don’t want to be on a permanent running break by hurting yourself. Feel better!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,333 Member
    edited April 2020
    @katharmonic Sorry you had a bad day yesterday. I hope it was just dehydration. I don't think I have been drinking enough water either. Need to be more mindful. Hope you are feeling better today.

@Faebert Hope you are doing better today. Sorry about breaking your streak, but you did the responsible thing. You can always start another streak when you are feeling better.

@eleanorhawkins Great job on the speed work!

@mbaker566 Great run. Cockleburs can be painful. Did speed demon get any? I hate trying to pick them out of my Tippy's fur. Love your photos. When I have time, I'll share a funny story from my childhood about cockleburs.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    I'm so sick of the cold! We had a week of really springlike weather and then it slipped back.

4/1: 7.75m
    4/2: 4m
    4/3: 2.5m
    4/4: 7.25m
    4/5: 13.5m
    4/6: 1.25m
    4/8: 7m
    4/9: 4m
    4/10: 3.75m
    4/11: 7.5m
    4/12: 15.25m
    4/13: 1.5m
    4/14: 4m
    4/15: 5m
    4/16: 4m
  • bearly63
    bearly63 Posts: 734 Member
    I wasn't sure I'd be able to hit the pace Hal wanted for my fast intervals this morning, but I did!
    I programmed the workout into my Garmin last night, really liking that feature! Must remember not to put the pace in for recovery intervals though, I just can't go as slowly as Hal demands, even walking, and the constant alerts piss me off.
    There was a slight tantrum at one point as I had got confused and thought I was done when I still had 2 fast intervals to go. Oops!
    One good thing about this having to run indoors on the treadmill thing is I'm doing speedwork I wouldn't have done outside as I was stuck in a long, slow rut and finding I actually quite enjoy it!
    Hal said I was a good girl!

01/04: 4.81km tempo
    02/04: 6.57km base
    04/04: 9.6km easy
    06/04: 5.08km easy
    08/04: 8.5km hill repeats
    09/04: 8.06km east
    11/04: 8.34km hard
    13/04: 5.15km fartleks
    15/04: 6.6km easy
    16/04: 8km fast intervals

Revised April goal: 140km. Run so far: 70.71km

Lol...Hal sounds like a slave driver. I would def have a love hate relationship with Hal! I agree about the dreadmill....it does force (allow) for speedwork. When I run outdoors, I just run....goal is to finish whatever distance I plan on. Which is why I am so damn slow. Inside, I can force some speed. Still hate it though.
  • brittanystebbins95
    brittanystebbins95 Posts: 567 Member

Thanks for the laugh! I needed that today