April 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    hanlonsk wrote: »
    Ummmm .... I’m going to try again for the 50 mile club. I’m also going to try and get lifting and ROMWOD accomplished more often than once a week. We will see how any of this goes.

What is ROMWOD?
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,959 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    My Garmin never judges me. I must have the "wrong" version.

I'm in for 75 miles again. If I stick to my revised plan, I should make it.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Butterchop wrote: »
    Hi guys. I am back to running after a bit of laziness and work. So I will be in for 50 miles this month. My daughter is hoping to make the cross county and track team next year so at least I have a good partner. Even though she is much faster than me lol.

Welcome back!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    So this just happened...

Mrs. PastorVincent: Alexa play the doodling song.
    Alexa: Sorry I do not know that, but here is a skill that might help. This is the song that never...
    Mrs. PastorVincent: ALEXA NO! ALEXA STOP!

:D:D:D:D

You just HAD to do that, didn't you...

But come to think of it, it IS a small world, after all...
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »
    So this just happened...

Alexa: Sorry I do not know that, but here is a skill that might help. This is the song that never...

and full of baby shark doo doo...
  • Tramboman
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »
    So this just happened...

and full of baby shark doo doo...

I cry quarter...
  • brittanystebbins95
    brittanystebbins95 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Ok so I'm not a keen long distance runner. Since starting my weight training journey 6 years ago I've grown to hate distance running more each time I do it 🙈 So I figured I need to give myself a kick up the a and get on with it.

I can run a decent 5k but anytime I try further than that I fight with my own mind telling myself I can't do it.

I was about to join a running group before the world got introduced to Covid-19 😢 so my second best option is to be accountable by joining this group.

I plan on fitting in 2/3 runs per week and will continue with my 4/5 weight training sessions.

If you don't see me posting on here, it's because I've failed so please hound me!!

For my first month I think 60 would be achievable. I've worked out even if I did the 5k x 3 per week I'd be winning so 😌 I'm starting small in the hope that I'll smash it and set a harder goal next month and stick to it.

Apologies for the essay post, just wanted to get it all out being a newbie 😊

You've got this!! :) If you're anything like me, joining a RunBet will help tremendously with motivation. I don't like throwing away money, so knowing that I've put some on the line really pushes me to stop making excuses and just run.
  • simcon1
    simcon1 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    In for 50 this month!
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Welcome, @janenutland!
  • Tramboman
    Options
    I would like to join!
    My goal is 4 miles a week, so log 16 miles for the month.
    I track all my miles on my Garmin Vivoactive3. Looking forward to"running" with all of you!

Great to have you with us.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    I would like to join!
    My goal is 4 miles a week, so log 16 miles for the month.
    I track all my miles on my Garmin Vivoactive3. Looking forward to"running" with all of you!

WELCOME!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I just got word that my May races were cancelled, and right now my husband and I are limited to running in our own neighborhood which means no speedwork (sidewalks are bad) and limited trails. So my goal for April is just to keep running and to treat every running day as a gift. Hoping to make 50 miles with stretch goal of 60.

I’m thinking we may run a virtual 5k sometime this month. Not sure where though, since we can’t really push our pace here. It may end up being a really slow race.

Yeah right now I am taking the stance that I will not look at any race before AUGUST. Good news is that is when my 50k is so there is a chance for it at least.

Yeah, I have a marathon in June and I'm already preparing myself for the cancellation email. At this point, I think I'm just going to focus on October (my other marathon).
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Monthly question?

What’s the first thing you are going to do when all this over (assume it will be over eventually).

I'm going to a brewery and drinking a beer on the patio, surrounded by random people (and hopefully some dogs).