April 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,968 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    bearly63 wrote: »
    @quilteryoyo I love NCIS. I could run a marathon staring at Gibbs.
    Hahaha Me too!

@rheddmobile Love the pictures and glad you found a new spot to run. The plants are Mayapples. The plant itself is poisonous if eaten, but you can make jelly out of the ripe fruit. I've never actually made the jelly, but would like to try it at some point, just to see what it tastes like.

@Tramboman Love the description of your run! It made me smile today. Thanks!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,968 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    WTG @kgirlhart ! A sub 30 minutes 5K is still a pipe dream for me.

Today was a cross training day, so I did a 2 mile walk into the neighbor's field with my dog and then finished up with laps on my driveway. Soon after I came back in, Tippy, the dog, started barking. I went out to see if I could figure out what she was barking at and was hit with the distinctive smell of skunk. Oddly enough, it is stronger in the garage than anywhere else. She is still down the hill barking. I'm praying she didn't get sprayed!!

exercise.png

Edit Update: It wasn't a skunk...or at least she didn't get sprayed by one. She did, however, roll in something nasty, so still had to get a bath.
  • enaliba
    enaliba Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    4/1 1 mile
    4/2 2.9 miles

It felt really good to be out running today. I chose a route that had less hills and so I could complete the running sections without stopping. my daughter is feeling great again and I am so relieved. I haven’t caught up with everyone else’s posts, but you are all very inspiring to me! It’s so easy to feel anxious and just want to sit on the couch watching movies instead of getting out to exercise.

June 13-Helvetia 10K

Abi
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options

gmtkee8mpixo.jpg

I need a love button for this!!!!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,389 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile - some here would pay great money for those used bricks! Looks like an interesting place to run. Someone in our neighborhood did one of those stained glass like chalk drawings too. It is almost exactly the same actually.
    @tramboman - pretty sure the doves and the squirrel are younger though so that just leaves the goose that you beat... 1st place as far as I am concerned😂
    @brittanystebbins95 - I too love that picture like @skippygirlsmom. I keep coming back to it because it makes me smile!

No run for me today but I did a 45 min stretch and roll class streamed on instagram by my gym and it was awesome. This afternoon I will be doing my regular strength workout, wishing I had more variety of weights but I am making it work with what I have.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    6.4 running miles today before rain hit!
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

Still working my guts out at work.

Over fifty hours last week.

I am fortunate - I have no complaints.

I have been working to take all of your advice and strengthen my glutes and core while still getting to run just a tiny bit??????

I have been lifting and doing strength training all week but today was so pretty, so I took the dog to the trail. Amazing weather, good little run. Just almost five miles. I am not in too much pain. Today it was mostly my knee but the run wasn’t bad. Maybe all the self care is working.

Also Buzz the love beast malamute saw his first family of deer today and I lived. He’s a good dog who makes good choices - if he had wanted to get those deer, he is fully capable of dragging me along. But he did not and I am grateful lol.

It’s almost Saturday and I need to choose my distance for the uncancelled virtual race. 10K or half... idk...... probably half 😎
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I forgot to say

@Scott6255 i am so so so sorry. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Seriously.

@Avidkeo your spoiler - you are in a tough tough position but it does sound like you are making the best of it

@Tramboman i love your run report so much!
  • noblsheep
    noblsheep Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    0403-6.2k, total-6.2k goal-100k

An easy 6km. Not really feeling it today.

@Avidkeo Lots of hugs. That sounds really tough. Take care of yourself.

@Camaramandy648 Congrats on a good run and sensible dog! Work is kinda kicking my butt at the moment as well, so really feeling you there.

@katharmonic The little something you're putting together sounds great. Hope everything comes through.
  • brittanystebbins95
    brittanystebbins95 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Got my 5 miles in!! ♡
    Question for the more experienced runners.
    Is coughing after a run normal? Not wheezing, but actual coughing. I can breathe fine. Its like phlegm deep in the chest but it's hard to get it to come up. And not for a couple minutes either, it usually lasts anywhere from a few hours to a day or two.
    I thought it was just a part of running and I've jokingly called it runner's cough. I mentioned it to my dad, who was a long distance runner for most of my childhood until he got injured, and he looked at me like I was crazy and asked what I was talking about.