April 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    SheSaTzu wrote: »
    I'm in for as many miles I can get :) I will do running and walking.

Weekly Distance Ran/Walked:
    April 1:
    April 8:
    April 15:
    April 22:
    April 29:

Total Distance:

Welcome!
  • hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the newcomers!
  • Kiki_StartingOver
    Kiki_StartingOver Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hello! First timer here. I'm going to say walk 30 miles this month. I will see how this goes to prepare for next month!

Weekly Distance Ran/Walked:
    April 1:
    April 8:
    April 15:
    April 22:
    April 29:
    Total Distance:

exercise.png
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,965 Member
    Options
    Welcome @Kiki_StartingOver !
  • sky15425
    sky15425 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Last time I logged any runs on this group was 2016. Didn't run much in 2019 but I started again in January.
    I ran 30 miles in March so I'll set my goal for April at 40 miles.
    Remembering to log in and keep recording my milage is the challenge but I'm going to put a reminder in my phone 😁
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    sky15425 wrote: »
    Last time I logged any runs on this group was 2016. Didn't run much in 2019 but I started again in January.
    I ran 30 miles in March so I'll set my goal for April at 40 miles.
    Remembering to log in and keep recording my milage is the challenge but I'm going to put a reminder in my phone 😁

Welcome back!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,965 Member
    Options
    Hugs to you @Avidkeo . I hope with all of your precautions that you and your family stay Corona free.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    bearly63 wrote: »
    I am sticking with this forum until I am told to hang up my running shoes permanently. My follow up is 4/21 unless they cancel it for Corona reasons.

My exercise goal for April - 50 miles a week on the bike - 200 miles or the distance from Austin to Dallas.🚴‍♀️

Possibly a few miles running if I get the go ahead.....

Question of the Month: When this is over I look forward to celebrating my daughter's college graduation with real people and some champagne and a cake instead of virtually.🤘

What's the f/u for? If ya don't mind probably re-sharing? My appointment in Dallas was cancelled and not rescheduled. The did say mid April. I haven't run in a year, still haven't uncrossed those fingers for a return. And it'll be another year earliest that I can try to get back at it.
  • bearly63
    bearly63 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    @Elise4270 I was diagnosed with a femoral head stress fracture a while back, which I assumed was just tight hip flexors or bursisit or IT band issues. The MRI said "bone insufficiency". I started adding mileage and a little more pace to my runs in the past 6 months and did myself in. I do have osteopenia but well....isn't running weight-bearing exercise and supposed to be good for you? I am in denial...doing all the "right" things to combat it. They said 10 weeks off and go from there.

What is your injury? Sorry to hear all that.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    @Elise4270 I was diagnosed with a femoral head stress fracture a while back, which I assumed was just tight hip flexors or bursisit or IT band issues. The MRI said "bone insufficiency". I started adding mileage and a little more pace to my runs in the past 6 months and did myself in. I do have osteopenia but well....isn't running weight-bearing exercise and supposed to be good for you? I am in denial...doing all the "right" things to combat it. They said 10 weeks off and go from there.

Hugs @bearly63 sounds a bit like ostrochondritis dissecans. Which does not improve with constant use. You have to rest it to allow the bone to regrow.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options

I think I remember that now. Sounds rough. My doc recommended peleton. I noticed it in the March tread. You buy it? Like it?

Honestly I am not "injured". I'm broken. Haah! I have a congenital deformity where my femur is rotated and my leg turns inward. It was fixed march 2019 then labrum in September and reshaped acetabulum. Leg de- rotated and labrum tore. So... Redo it all or total hip replacement is where I'm at. I'm hoping redo.
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Morning all!

I had to xray 2 patients yesterday that were suspected covid. I've managed to avoid it till now. The first patient was not a high risk covid patient but we were taking precautions anyway. The second patient hasn't been confirmed but is so highly likely to have it that we are just waiting doe the positive test to come back, will be surprised if its negative. As a result, I'm stepping up to almost complete self isolation.

I'm trying to see the positive, I have a LOT of unfinished projects that I'm going to get through in the next few weeks. Nothing is expected of me, just work and relax. I feel a bit guilty that my husband is doing the bulk of the house work - though because I'm sleeping in the basement I've defaulted to doing the laundry haha. But the guilt isn't huge cause its hubby that's insisting on this so.... So I'm trying to just relax. It's kinda my first holiday in about 6 years...

Looking forward to Friday, 8k run, then a 16k on Saturday! Whoop whoop!

Good gawd woman, everyone in your field deserves to be put up in a 6-star spa resort for the duration and pampered head to toe for everything they're currently doing, and still have to do, for the rest of humanity. And given medals. Don't feel guilty at all, he sounds perfectly capable of doing the work and yeah, at the end of the day it was his idea!