April 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    And as of now my HM for May 16th is still on. It looks like they are going to start easing the restrictions so maybe it won't get canceled after all.

Not sure what state you are in, but I think in most states we will be pushing lock down into Mid May, but we will see!
    Hopefully, they re-open for you AND they are not doing it too soon!

I think texas and oklahoma are easing up a bit and allowing some business openings first of May. I'm sure the transition will be gradual. Be interesting for the late spring races that are hoping to still meet.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    #drool
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    First cake pic, I'm going to post daily cause reasons lol.

Baking done!

2410fqci7jhr.jpg
    It's a white chocolate mud cake. Tomorrow I'll fill with Swiss meringue butter cream - probably the lightest blue I can make it, then Tuesday I'll glaze it. Ready for Wednesday!

Really glad I baked it today. It wasn't hard but it's 2 batches so twice as long.

Looking good @avidkeo. Look forward to the next update! X
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    @Avidkeo Looks delicious so far!

@rheddmobile I hope you don’t end up with poison ivy!

Went hiking today for 4.4 miles. Beautiful weather and some animal friends (from a distance).
    6m8j54cor5af.jpeg
    wtujlk1p6594.jpeg
    8tdlc4brfmw1.jpeg
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,817 Member
    LOL, I know - I have a problem not wanting to disappoint my trainer. I've been kind of slacking off on any workouts other than running while the gym is closed (especially this week) so I'm very susceptible to the guilt right now. And plus, he is handsome. ;)

Is his name Hal by any chance? ;)
  • Teresa502

I really was NOT in the mood to run today. It was decent outside - well, sunny, windy, around 50°F. I opted to run on the treadmill where I could control my pace and the incline. I was running my Humor Un-Cancelled 5K today as part of my longish run this week. I debated on whether to take it easy or go for it. I chose the latter, to get it over with sooner, and got a PB for a 5K - 33:04 minutes...10:39/mile pace. Shhh. Don't tell Garmin. He doesn't know. (I don't have a foot pod so Garmin always thinks I'm a lot slower and don't go as far as the treadmill says I do. I believe the treadmill.) I continued on at a slow pace to finish up 4 miles. With the warm up and cool down walks, I traversed 5.0 miles today.

Congratulations!

• Teresa502

Went hiking today for 4.4 miles. Beautiful weather and some animal friends (from a distance).
    6m8j54cor5af.jpeg
    wtujlk1p6594.jpeg
    8tdlc4brfmw1.jpeg

I could do without the animal friends in that first picture!!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    @rheddmobile I once fell out of a tree into a large (like way bigger then I was) poison ivy bush. Being covered in the stuff it not on the list of experiences I wish to repeat.

But other than that, sounds like a fun little adventure you had!

@marisap2010 Good spotting on that snake. Most people would never have noticed it there.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited April 2020

6m8j54cor5af.jpeg
    wtujlk1p6594.jpeg
    8tdlc4brfmw1.jpeg

WOW! looks like you found a den. The two look like rattle snakes. But the light brown one isn't obviously a pit viper, but is similar in marking. You know what kind they are? I'm incline to guess it's a copperhead in the mix.
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,659 Member
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    LOL, I know - I have a problem not wanting to disappoint my trainer. I've been kind of slacking off on any workouts other than running while the gym is closed (especially this week) so I'm very susceptible to the guilt right now. And plus, he is handsome. ;)

Is his name Hal by any chance? ;)

LOL!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited April 2020
    4-1 7k easy
    4-2 7k easy
    4-3 8k slow
    4-4 7k moderate
    4-5 7k moderate
    4-6 7k easy
    4-7 rest
    4-8 7k moderate
    4-9 7k easy
    4-10 7k easy
    4-11 7k easy
    4-12 7k moderate
    4-13 7k easy
    4-14 rest
    4-15 7k moderate
    4-16 11k slow
    4-17 7k moderate
    4-18 7k easy
    4-19 7k threshold

April Total: 124k
    April Goal: 170k

January Total: 161k
    February Total: 167k
    March Total: 181k

2020 Total through March: 509k

Partly cloudy and mid 40s F this morning. The crazies got into me today and I really ran well. Must have been due to the excellent job of fueling I did yesterday. Maybe 185 lbs is the new 175 lbs...

@quilteryoyo Congrats on your 5k PB!!!!!

@Avidkeo YES!!!!!!!! Keep it coming!!

When you pop in here claiming your December 2020 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs
    Run at least 4 5k races
    Get a 5k PR
    Average at least 138k per month, to meet my Run the Year pledge of 1,020 miles
    Stretch goal: If I can average 169k per month, I can run 2020K in 2020

Run the Year Team: Pavement Pounders

2020 races:

5-23 Race for the Parks 5k, Hudson OH
    6-20 Freedom Run 5k, Aurora, OH
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,339 Member
    @shanaber Glad your latest run was a good one. Those are the ones that keep us going.

@rheddmobile I'm glad you were able to escape the woods relatively unscathed. The coyotes would have scared me, even if they were far away. We have those around here. Once I was out taking Tippy for a late night pee break when we heard some fairly close. Tippy looked up at me and headed for the door. I was right behind her. LOL

Looks like a lovely hike @marisap2010 .