April 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,111 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    Well, not what we were hoping for...
    Betty still tested positive. That is over 3 weeks that she has had it.
    Wife's test has come back negative. But somehow, I am positive :(
    Oh no! So sorry. Like others have said, let us know if we can do anything to help. In the meantime, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    @Elise4270 Yes it very well could be the increase in carb intake. And despite the increased running, other activity has decreased some what. I'm going to keep better track
    @shanaber That could be it. I have increased my running the past few months and I have increased my calories, but now that I look at it, you might be right that what I have increased in eating is not enough? I have high calorie days on my long run days, but apart from that I'm usually at 12-1500 depending on the day. Could it be I'm not eating enough? Oh yes I would be terrified to eat more and gain. Eek. But it worked for you...so maybe...
    @Camaramandy648 Seems like the consensus is to eat enough. I need to be more precise on logging. Good running!!!!! I would not run the marathon, but see how you feel Maybe try and get a HM pr? That could be a goal.

@Avidkeo Love the cake!!

Did go for a bike ride yesterday, which was good. Had a televisit with my sports doc. We decided another shot was in order - so Wed I'll go in for it.
    Today is scheduled rest day which I will do, and tomorrow probably bike again(don't know if I will be able to or should run) so I can at least get some exercise in.

Wait a minute, another shot? When was your last one? Because that could explain the weight gain. Steroid shots will make you blow up like a balloon, mostly water weight but also some real weight. I gained a pound a day for a week following a shot to my knee!

You know, I briefly thought it could be that, but then didn't really think anything of it.
    I had a shot mid Feb. so it could be! But if it was water weight would it really last this long?
    Did your weight ever go back? Oh man, and now I'm getting another. UGH
    Yes, when the steroids were out of my system (a month or so) it came off almost as easy as it went on. If that’s what the issue is, relax and don’t worry so much, it’s mostly scale weight.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    @Scott6255 Hoping you stay well, praying for you buddy.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @Elise4270 Yes it very well could be the increase in carb intake. And despite the increased running, other activity has decreased some what. I'm going to keep better track
    @shanaber That could be it. I have increased my running the past few months and I have increased my calories, but now that I look at it, you might be right that what I have increased in eating is not enough? I have high calorie days on my long run days, but apart from that I'm usually at 12-1500 depending on the day. Could it be I'm not eating enough? Oh yes I would be terrified to eat more and gain. Eek. But it worked for you...so maybe...
    @Camaramandy648 Seems like the consensus is to eat enough. I need to be more precise on logging. Good running!!!!! I would not run the marathon, but see how you feel Maybe try and get a HM pr? That could be a goal.

@Avidkeo Love the cake!!

Did go for a bike ride yesterday, which was good. Had a televisit with my sports doc. We decided another shot was in order - so Wed I'll go in for it.
    Today is scheduled rest day which I will do, and tomorrow probably bike again(don't know if I will be able to or should run) so I can at least get some exercise in.

Wait a minute, another shot? When was your last one? Because that could explain the weight gain. Steroid shots will make you blow up like a balloon, mostly water weight but also some real weight. I gained a pound a day for a week following a shot to my knee!

You know, I briefly thought it could be that, but then didn't really think anything of it.
    I had a shot mid Feb. so it could be! But if it was water weight would it really last this long?
    Yes, when the steroids were out of my system (a month or so) it came off almost as easy as it went on. If that’s what the issue is, relax and don’t worry so much, it’s mostly scale weight.

I second the steroid shot gain. In February- March I had one in my hip, one in my shoulder, and then my butt for posion ivy and oral prednisone. Then another in my shoulder 2 weeks ago. I'm down 3 but still up 5 pounds from pre-steroids. Mines not water, I ate everything thing. Am still eating everything...
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options

@Avidkeo Love the cake!!

Just tell yourself it is muscle weight and forget it ;)
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    @Scott6255 Hope you get the results soon and that they are negative!

Bugger. My thoughts are with you. Scary time, but you'll get through it. Hugs!
  • hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile @Elise4270 @PastorVincent

Really hoping that’s what it is! Although the weight seems to be sticking around.
    Ok let’s go with muscles!
    2nd shot is not looking to help me any lol.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @Scott6255 Hoping you stay well, praying for you buddy.

Amen. Stay strong.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,412 Member
    Options
    @Scott6255 - take care of yourself and your family! We are all thinking of you and hoping for the best!
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options

Nooo oh biggest biggest hugs! Do you need anything?
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    No running today, logged in for work at 6:00 this morning and 12 hours later just getting off. I’m exhausted, I hate Mondays they are the worst day for me.
    @katharmonic and @hamsterwheel6 the arm is drying out good thanks, I wish is would stop itching, but I’m starting to think that’s because the skin is so dry. It’s flakey and ugly.
    @PastorVincent and @quilteryoyo so right on the Doctor comments ha ha
    @hamsterwheel6 do you weigh in grams? I find that weighing in grams is much more accurate unit of weight. Ah the mention of 1200 calories, I know this is scary but raise your calories a couple hundred for a week or so and see if that helps. I don’t know why but when I hit a weight loss plateau I found that adding more calories for a short time then dropping back down seemed to jump start things again.
    @katharmonic how is Stella?
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options

I’m so sorry Scott
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,025 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    @brittanystebbins95 Thanks for the birthday wishes.

@scotr6255 I really hate to hear that. Take care of yourself.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Oh, @Scott6255 I'm so sorry to hear that news. Sounds like you are asymptomatic? I hope that continues and all three of you will be recovered/healthy. Do you guys have some outside support to help you get things you need, etc? Wishing you all the best.

@skippygirlsmom Stella seems to be fine, thank you! She walked fine today so hopefully all is well.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    So ugh. Stupid mistake. Dressed for 40-45 degrees and went for a run in 60 degrees+ lots of sun. Yeah, that stunk. Ops. :smiley:
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    @Scott6255 so sorry, take it easy and take care of yourself. This stupid virus is such a *kitten* *kitten*.
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    April goal: 80 km

April 1st - 2.5 km
    April 3 - 5.5. km
    April 5 - 8.2 km
    April 7 - 7 km
    April 9 - 5 km
    April 11 - 10 km
    April 13 - 5 km
    April 19 - 6.6 km
    April 21 - 5 km

Total: 54.8 km

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,111 Member
    Options
    @Avidkeo That cake is looking amazing! Can't wait to see the finished product.