Calorie Counter

Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What are you grateful for today?

Replies

• indigoblu74indigoblu74 Member Posts: 86 Member Member Posts: 86 Member
  • Kyle_AKA_MooseKyle_AKA_Moose Member, Premium Posts: 1,057 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1,057 Member
    I'm grateful that I am still employed. There are a lot of people who are not as fortunate.

Grateful for the people I work with too. Most days everyone gets along pretty well.
  • that_night_in_paristhat_night_in_paris Member Posts: 457 Member Member Posts: 457 Member
    Little peach cups

A divine alternative... when fresh is not an option

And while we're in the mood of gratitude..... Trees!

The bearer of all life energy

• mehshell420mehshell420 Member Posts: 659 Member Member Posts: 659 Member
    Word puzzles and music to keep my mind occupied.
  • TarryTaffyTwoTarryTaffyTwo Member Posts: 449 Member Member Posts: 449 Member
    My 1st floor apt's patio door is wide open... too early for high humidity, safe, quiet... no highway traffic sounds, at all, which is a bit disconcerting, I must say, as it's the norm & nary a squawking bird or barking dog... at 9am.

Odd, but as a lifetime megametropolis dweller who's learned to tune out constant, overbearing sound... the peace & quiet is enormously strange, but welcomed. May not seem like a lot to the suburban/rural people... but, I've never in my life before experienced complete silence. It's very healing & may be in the forefront of the remainder of my life... excess noise is jarring to the soul... 'til recently, I've known nothing else.

It's a good day.
    edited April 11
  • saynow111saynow111 Member Posts: 88 Member Member Posts: 88 Member
    I grateful for my family they are my shelter from the harsh life very hard 😢😢
  • Vikka_VVikka_V Member Posts: 9,209 Member Member Posts: 9,209 Member
    My 1st floor apt's patio door is wide open... too early for high humidity, safe, quiet... no highway traffic sounds, at all, which is a bit disconcerting, I must say, as it's the norm & nary a squawking bird or barking dog... at 9am.

Odd, but as a lifetime megametropolis dweller who's learned to tune out constant, overbearing sound... the peace & quiet is enormously strange, but welcomed. May not seem like a lot to the suburban/rural people... but, I've never in my life before experienced complete silence. It's very healing & may be in the forefront of the remainder of my life... excess noise is jarring to the soul... 'til recently, I've known nothing else.

It's a good day.

I like quiet too
    I like to sit at home and only hear the intermittent hum of the fridge, birds outside, furnace turning on - no tv, music, people
  • mi_nina_lolami_nina_lola Member Posts: 767 Member Member Posts: 767 Member
    Vikka_V wrote: »

It's a good day.

I like quiet too
    I like to sit at home and only hear the intermittent hum of the fridge, birds outside, furnace turning on - no tv, music, people

one day last week *when it wasn't SNOWING* we sat on the deck. there was no traffic sound at all. birds everywhere... it was like every bird in the world was singing. so beautiful - very surreal though
  • ythannahythannah Member Posts: 3,295 Member Member Posts: 3,295 Member
    Grateful to still be employed and that having a government job means I get a four day weekend for Easter.

Grateful that the snow is almost gone so I can spend my time working in the yard, with no human contact.

Grateful that I have a home gym.
  • TarryTaffyTwoTarryTaffyTwo Member Posts: 449 Member Member Posts: 449 Member
    I've got a dozen eggs left.

That should take me through 2-wks before I venture out to shop again... although last time, there were no eggs, boo... & I have no mask, so... we'll see what transpires on May Day.

Have a wonderful week, All!
  • MotorsheenMotorsheen Member Posts: 17,845 Member Member Posts: 17,845 Member
    The black pepper bacon & egg sandwich I made for breakfast was quite nice.

Have a great day, All!

weird.

I had the same thing today.

Mine was on homemade sourdough toast with egg, bacon, black pepper and avocado.

I'm also bored out of my mind & trying not to graze out of boredom.

... time to hit the home gym.
  • MaltedTeaMaltedTea Member, Premium Posts: 2,538 Member Member, Premium Posts: 2,538 Member
    Talking to my nutritionist for a scheduled 30-day check-up (umm, that I forgot about) and realizing how much on track I was with my overall plan, despite "only" losing ~2.5 lbs in the past month. So...I'm grateful she followed up lol
  • eva_letsdanceeva_letsdance Member Posts: 2,574 Member Member Posts: 2,574 Member
    I'm grateful for my loved ones, that I still have a job, for my health, the ability to laugh everyday and see the beauty in things all around me.
  • mattig89chmattig89ch Member Posts: 2,586 Member Member Posts: 2,586 Member
    Today I'm grateful to have re-discovered a game from my childhood. And having just as much fun with it now, as I did then.
  • _Kashmir_314_Kashmir_314 Member Posts: 707 Member Member Posts: 707 Member
  • vanityy99vanityy99 Member Posts: 1,888 Member Member Posts: 1,888 Member
    mattig89ch wrote: »
    Today I'm grateful to have re-discovered a game from my childhood. And having just as much fun with it now, as I did then.

Which one???