WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2020

Options

Replies

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    https://youtu.be/izZICbkY7Xg

A misinformation going around is H-E-B stores (maybe a few others ) are imposing Age restrictions. They are not this is a lie spread by folks mad that kids aren’t at home for their safety. Single Parents,Abuser at home,to ones with the newborn twins or triplets so send one kid with Dad/Mom because theirs no one to watch their kid/kids for that time -do not have to starve ! Kids are still allowed in stores they know some don’t have the luxury to leave kids at home. So if you hear a young parent say this let them know it’s a fake article spreading.

Another misinformation is that a small heat temperature kills the virus. No it doesn’t or countries to states hitting 80-100’s degree days wouldn’t have it at all. Cold also does not kill it. Saw a Espanol article saying this to now Hispanic youth repeating it online... No it’s not true I let my relatives know also.

Another misinformation plastic gloves are bad. Gloves just like your hands can spread it if you touch your face to cell phone yes. Not just if you wear plastic gloves. Yes disemfect them.

Only cats get it misinformation.Dogs have contracted it so yes it’s important to keep puppy safe! Lions tigers y cheetahs oh my have caught it. Unsure on other animals like livestock to monkeys still no naturally seen cases yet.

Babies to youth can’t get it or it’s not as bad. False they can still get it have same symptoms as Adults. Just like Adults can be Asymptomatic to dead.

Truth/ Periods to open cut on your hand you don’t want the virus touching so wash hands before y after toilet 🚽 bring soap in your purse just in case (preferably in a wash cloth if bar soap 🧼 cause no plastic is good thing. Use an old purse anyways this stuff you don’t want your Prada messed up from bleach. Yes animals can get the virus even if their dogs 🐕 y kids can too.

Amber Tx

Do the higher ups have All the answers? NO like us their learning navigating the rapids with the same correct/incorrect information. Rule of thumb look at other types of Coronavirus if it can be spread to contagious on any manner with them it can be with this just common sense. Do other coronavirus strains effect birds? Yes Spread from Magazines at a Docs office? Yes same common sense .

Stay Safe Guys will make it through this world 🌎 war!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :star:
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

kirby rode with me. made it to work in under an hour!

Bike ride home 2 sumner station- 57.47min, 148mhr, 13.7amph, 13.23mi= 554c
    apple watch- 530c
    walk n jog sta 2 wrk- 6.14min,10.27min mi, 145mhr, .59mi= 50c
    apple watch- 63c
    Jog wrk 2 sta- 4.09min, 8.45min mi, 150mhr, .47mi= 59c
    Apple Watch- didn’t tun on I guess
    Bike ride dome 2 hm- 17.24min, 8.8amph, 148mhr, 2.55mi= 165c
    apple watch- 141c

total 828 cal
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    SuziQ113 wrote: »
    Hello everyone.

I have been adding to my To Do list as I have been thinking of things I have been wanting to get done. Right now I have enough to keep me busy for at least two months. I hope I can still pick up paint at Home Depot. According to the latest news our Governor may decide essential businesses will only be able to sell essentials such as food, toiletries, or prescriptions to the general population. There are many here going out to buy clothes at places such as Target or Walmartians (yes, intentional) and not anything else. My next outing may be on Friday and I have a few items I need to pick up for repairs – so I may pick up paint too. Painting would keep me busy during the weekends, but it is not a need so may skip the whole

Just a thought - here some small businesses are still mixing paint and doing porch drop offs or pick up. It is allowing people to have something to do and giving them a little business.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) Yesterday I went to the post office and the bank and the two errands filled my morning. At the bank I was fourth in line at the drive through. While I was waiting a woman walked up and looked very confused. Soon a bank employee came out to talk to her. The woman was very confused about why she couldn't get into the bank and the employee was very patient explaining to her that she could help her with any transaction she needed to do.

:)I am almost embarrassed to tell you that my local QFC grocery store had shelves filled with TP. We have plenty so I didn't buy any. Later this week, I'll go to Costco and if they have TP, I'll get some because that's where I usually buy it.

:) I continue to be grateful. I have written in a gratitude journal every morning for years and it has served me well.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

Barbie, this made me bigly smile & nod because toilet paper has become a precious commodity, creating a "Haves" and "Have Nots" dynamic that leads to all kinds of emotions; guilt, embarrassment, defensiveness, desperation, competitiveness, pride, coveting, jealousy…who'd a thunk it? m1830.gif

>>>

Ritaaaaaaa!!! Those wildflowers are gorgeous!

>>>

Kim You are a machine. Very impressive.

>>>

Today's savor: 3 bites of macaroni and cheese. Delicious.
    Today's gratefulness: technology which keeps us connected.

>>>

Karen in Virginia
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,457 Member
    Options
    Well son's hair ain't perfect but its shorter. At least shorter in places it matters.

Katla: no you misread. I had stated that I did hear from him in April 2019. Its been a year since I heard his voice. These are unusual times though.💖
    💖Rebecca
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Katla - I don’t know about Tasmania but here in Alberta the definition of Outbreak is not as dire as it sounds.

We at the nursing home are considered to be on Outbreak as per the below guidelines from AHS

Case Definition/COVID-19 Symptoms
    Outbreak Definition
    * Onset of new illness including:
    o cough, OR
    o fever (over 38 degrees Celsius), OR o shortness of breath, OR
    o sore throat, OR
    o runny nose, OR
    o diarrhea (only if in residents/clients
    of congregate settings), OR
    o vomiting (only if in residents/clients
    in congregate settings)
    (fever may not be prominent in elderly individuals)
    Suspected COVID-19 outbreak
    o one resident/client or staff member who exhibits any of the symptoms of COVID-19
    Probable COVID-19 outbreak
    o two or more individuals (residents/clients or staff) who are linked with each other who exhibit any of the symptoms or COVID-19. Individuals who are linked have a connection to each other (e.g. share a room, dine at the same table, received care from the same staff member, etc.)
    Confirmed COVID-19 outbreak:
    o any one individual confirmed to have COVID-19 including:
    o any resident/client who is confirmed to have COVID-19 o any staff member who is confirmed to have COVID-19
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    https://apple.news/AHglO5RcwQyWkwGFuYRC12w

Social Distancing a new norm in China now that their lockdown is done ✅. We should do the same.

j3x1b4ina7zh.jpeg

Started in November for us it’s our 3 month Corona Anniversary! I been in my own lockdown over a month . Seems like forever here

Amber Tx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,880 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    M in OZ: It sounds as though the hospital didn’t have adequate protection for its employees. I am sorry there is an outbreak. :cry:

Katla in NW Oregon
    Katla - I don’t know about Tasmania but here in Alberta the definition of Outbreak is not as dire as it sounds.

We at the nursing home are considered to be on Outbreak as per the below guidelines from AHS

Case Definition/COVID-19 Symptoms
    Outbreak Definition
    * Onset of new illness including:
    o cough, OR
    o fever (over 38 degrees Celsius), OR o shortness of breath, OR
    o sore throat, OR
    o runny nose, OR
    o diarrhea (only if in residents/clients
    of congregate settings), OR
    o vomiting (only if in residents/clients
    in congregate settings)
    (fever may not be prominent in elderly individuals)
    Suspected COVID-19 outbreak
    o one resident/client or staff member who exhibits any of the symptoms of COVID-19
    Probable COVID-19 outbreak
    o two or more individuals (residents/clients or staff) who are linked with each other who exhibit any of the symptoms or COVID-19. Individuals who are linked have a connection to each other (e.g. share a room, dine at the same table, received care from the same staff member, etc.)
    Confirmed COVID-19 outbreak:
    o any one individual confirmed to have COVID-19 including:
    o any resident/client who is confirmed to have COVID-19 o any staff member who is confirmed to have COVID-19

Yes ... I think there are 13 people at that hospital or associated with that hospital in northern Tasmania who have COVID-19. It started with one staff member on April 5 and now they've found 13, almost all of whom are staff members. They are investigating where these staff members may have come in contact with it.

Unfortunately it is a relatively small hospital and if 13 have it, more could. It also potentially puts patients (who are in there for other things) in danger. So I think patients are being tested, then moved to another hospital ... which puts pressure on that hospital's resources ...

http://health.tas.gov.au/news/2020/nwrh_staff_test_positive_for_coronavirus
    http://health.tas.gov.au/news/2020/two_nwrh_staff_test_positive_for_coronavirus
    http://health.tas.gov.au/news/2020/coronavirus_update_7_april_2020

M in Oz
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Machka - that is difficult. There is a nursing home in Calgary that is brutally hit with this. I think we are up to 9 deaths and last I heard 44 positive results, staff and residents.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Here too nursing homes keep getting it

Amber Tx
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    :)
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    vfybxu7ckmey.png
    dsq6o2ah3hx1.png

Not November that’s when their cancelling our Fiesta said virus will still be around- let’s hope not.

January 15th was 1st USA corona case we started treating a person at our base y hospital here around that time .pgxywd8fhpn3.jpeg
    aec3pdairdw2.jpeg

Boy they adding a lot to our .gov site now https://www.sanantonio.gov/health/news/alerts/coronavirus

Even the number of citations given for noncompliance. Ventilators available y used. Wow 😳 they updated this since this morning boy is it full of stuff now
    Amber Tx